Proud Papa of New Max-Con V Today!

Proud Papa of New Max-Con V Today!

This is a discussion on Proud Papa of New Max-Con V Today! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys, Don't hate me, but I just got my New Max-Con V holster for my XD9sc today! I placed the order Saturday! (5 days ...

Thread: Proud Papa of New Max-Con V Today!

Thumbs up Proud Papa of New Max-Con V Today!

Ok guys, Don't hate me, but I just got my New Max-Con V holster for my XD9sc today! I placed the order Saturday! (5 days from order to door!)

How, may you ask?

Well I found a stocking dealer of Gary's products in Tennessee! I PM'd Gary not long before he had his hospital stay and asked him if he'd mind if I ordered one from there or if he preferred I ordered directly from him. He said, "of course order from there, just let me know how you liked it!"

Ok, so this last Saturday I finally called to check on their inventory and placed my order.

Well, Gary... (as if you didn't know already) The Max-Con V is absolutely incredible! I mean that in all seriousness! Right now it's mounted to my hip with my XD9sc neatly wrapped in two layers of wax paper and I am hoping I don't get an ambulance call so I would have to take it off!

The damn thing arrived this afternoon and I was too busy running calls to get a chance to take a good look at it except to wrap the gun in the wax paper and stick it in the holster.

Now that I finally have a few minutes to relax, I've got a chance to inspect it. I have to say, I really don't see how the premium grade could be much of an improvement on the service grade, but I'll take your word for it that there is a difference.

What I have is the service grade and I will say, the quality and stitching as far as I'm concerned couldn't be any better! The boning is a perfect match so I really don't see how that could be any better either! The edging of the holster is smooth all the way around as well. Try as I might, I have not found any imperfections.

Now the comfort... I have not worn any IWB holster that is more comfortable! Period! Out of the 5 or 6 different brands of IWB holsters I have used over the years, this is the best one I have found, by far!

While I have only had it on for a little more than 1 1/2 hours I find it fits my "irregular" body shape perfectly. The wide separation of the anchor straps holds the butt of the pistol snug, and the spacing disburses the weight of the pistol to a point where I can hardly notice I have a pistol on.

Since the XDsc has such a short barrel (3 inches) and the fact that I am a bit portly these days, I was actually wanting the Def-Con OWB model but they didn't have that in stock for my pistol, so I went with the Max-Con hoping it wouldn't "roll-over" the top of my belt. I did ask the salesman, and he did say the model for the XDsc has the little extra "wing" at the base which provides more support against your hip/thigh. I couldn't be happier with the results! This thing is glued to my hip and not even the slightest indication of gun tugging at the belt attempting to roll over with a full 10 round magazine. I haven't tried the 16 round mags yet, but really don't see me having them in the gun while it's in the holster anyway. The 16 rounders are the reloads.

The belt I am using is from The Beltman, 1.5 inch wide, double layer bullhide that I've had for about 2-3 months now.

A great combo!

I have 4 days off starting at 8 am today and have an all day trip to Kansas City on monday. I'll be breaking it in around the house this weekend and will give it a great 14 hour try out on monday!

Gary! Take care of your health dude and get well soon! You're one hell of a craftsman my friend. A true artist!

Thank you for such a fine product!

I will edit this post with some pictures as soon as I can get some and as soon as they get the "gallery section" fixed. I haven't been able to upload any pics in a couple weeks now.

Brommeland Max-Con V

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

So... are you gonna tell us who you ordered it from, or are we going to have to give you a swirlie?

Joe

Ok, ray... since you're a homey from KC, my home town... I'll tell ya!

Coal Creek Armory
    Knoxville, TN

http://www.coalcreekarmory.com/

Give them a call, maybe they'll have one in stock for your model!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

You are a lucky man. I'm continuing with the wait on mine.
    Last edited by sass20485; September 7th, 2007 at 04:53 PM.

Congrats! Wear it in good health and safety.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I agree with everything Bark'n said. I have same gun, same holster and same findings on comfort. Great product Gary, hope to see you back at the bench before long.

You made a wise choice, the MaxCon V is my all-time favorite holster.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I agree with everything Bark'n said. I have same gun, same holster and same findings on comfort. Great product Gary, hope to see you back at the bench before long.

Speaking of Gary, has anyone heard how he is doing? Remy hasn't given us an update for awhile, unless I missed it....
    Tony

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I use the Max-Con V to carry my Glock 22. A wonderful holster indeed.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    Speaking of Gary, has anyone heard how he is doing? Remy hasn't given us an update for awhile, unless I missed it....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland;
    Hi Guys,

Yep! I'm back to work part time (40-50 hrs a week). Will be full time in another week or so. (70 + hrs)....
    Yep, Gary is back to work.... But he better take it slow or Remy will skin him alive!

Seems to me like he's pushing his luck calling 40-50 hrs/wk "part-time"!

But he's the man on the ground and it's his call!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Thumbs up

Great review. I can't wait until mine hits Gary's bench and then here.

I couldn't agree with you more, Bark'n!

I acuired a MV5 the same way about 2 months ago, (for my Officer's Model), and my wife and I were going on a weekend trip to a buddy's wedding, right after it was delivered. Good time to try it out!

Saddled up and went to the wedding at 2:30pm, did the reception and then we even went out for drinks at the hotel's lounge until 1am.

Super comfy!!!

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Fastball; September 9th, 2007 at 08:15 AM. Reason: darn misspell!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

VIP Member
    I also ordered a belt from Gary. I hope Remy doesn't wack him with it if he starts putting in too many hours.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    gunthorp,

I'm in the same boat, have an order in with Gary (2 holsters, belt, mag pouch, etc). I hope he gets better fast, but I'd much rather it took an extra three months to get my holster, then for Remy to tell him he has to quit all together!

--Jim

P.S. to keep it all on topic, congrats on the new holster! I'm jealous!
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Congrats on the Holster. I have never heard a bad thing about Garys holsters. His work seems to be top notch and I am glad I used him for my first custom holster.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Links