Looking for Comments on the Galco Stinger

This is a discussion on Looking for Comments on the Galco Stinger within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I probably should of done this before buying a Galco Stinger (for a MK9) at the local shop, but I wanted to see if anybody ...

Thread: Looking for Comments on the Galco Stinger

Looking for Comments on the Galco Stinger

I probably should of done this before buying a Galco Stinger (for a MK9) at the local shop, but I wanted to see if anybody had any comments about using this OWB holster for any of your guns.

For me it looks like it fits best in the front hip area (I'll guess around 2:30 or so on the clock if I understand that correctly), though I do have a question about what side I should put it on.

I am right handed, and bought the right handed model. On the hip, the gun cants forward....does this mean it is designed more for a cross-draw situation and it should be carried on my left site? Or is that the correct orientation for the right side, and I need to re-position it on my body?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
    I probably should of done this before buying a Galco Stinger (for a MK9) at the local shop, but I wanted to see if anybody had any comments about using this OWB holster for any of your guns.

For me it looks like it fits best in the front hip area (I'll guess around 2:30 or so on the clock if I understand that correctly), though I do have a question about what side I should put it on.

I am right handed, and bought the right handed model. On the hip, the gun cants forward....does this mean it is designed more for a cross-draw situation and it should be carried on my left site? Or is that the correct orientation for the right side, and I need to re-position it on my body?
    The holster should cant forward to a degree. It makes the gun easier to grip. Not sure if that would be true at 2:30. See if you can move it back to 3:30-4:00 ( just behind your hipbone) and see how the draw feels.

I have serveral OWB for my G26 including Milt Sparks but the Galco Stinger believe it or not is one of my favorite OWB. It's thinner then the others and the fit is perfect. I wear this right strong side about 4:00. It's also canted so it's easy to draw. Bottom line it's a great holster for it's price. If I had to choose between the two, I would still pick the Milt Sparks but of course you GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR! THE BEST!!!

Galco Stinger

Milt Sparks BN #55

Links