Concealed Attire?

Concealed Attire?

This is a discussion on Concealed Attire? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a pic or two with your carry rig on? I'd like to see how folks dress ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Attire?

Concealed Attire?

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a pic or two with your carry rig on? I'd like to see how folks dress to cover/conceal their CCW. I've got both IWB and OWB holsters but have been tending to just carry my .380 in my pocket out of ease. I need some ideas please.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

I don't have any pics to upload for you, but I will say this.

The people at large are They don't notice anything! As long as your cover garment covers your gun, don't freak out about printing!

Almost all gun/holster combinations will show a bulge of somesort at any given time. Trust me, people don't notice it! They are asleep at the switch, so to speak.

Also, what is a bulge? It could be anything! A cell phone, a pager, a PDA or Blackberry! Usually the last thing they will think of it as being is a gun.

And then comes the other point! If you are a ccw permit holder, then it's LEGAL to have a gun on your hip!

Keep the gun covered, and who cares what they think the bulge may be!

Just try and be as cognizant as possible to keep the garment over the weapon and don't sweat the bulge.

Allowing your gun to be exposed as a gust of wind blows your jacket over your head or letting the grip of your gun become fully exposed as you bend over to grab a bag of sugar off the bottom shelf at the grocery store is generally considered to be "poor form", so guard against that as much as possible, but remember... You are a Legal CCW holder, not a criminal so don't sweat the small stuff.

You will be more comfortable as time passes.

This is why we have all new ccw holders make an 1st trip to Walmart to walk among the and prove to yourself that the masses truly are, "asleep at the wheel!"

See the signature line of any of Miggy's posts for a CCW holders map to Walmart for their virgin trip among the masses!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I used to be a tucked-in-shirt kind of guy. Now, when casually dressed, I tend to have my shirt out, and my Glock 23 concealed uder it, usually in an IWB holster. I favor shirts that have straight-cut hems (like Hawaiin Luau shirts) instead of shirt tails, because they look more neat when untucked. On business days, I wear a tucked-in shirt. Then I carry my smaller Kel-Tec P-11 in a pocket holster or a tuckable IWB holster.

VIP Member
    Michael, if you belong to the brotherhood of the pleasantly plump like me, I recommend a good pancake holster. It is stable and does a good job of breaking the outline of the gun in case of printing. Wife is asleep right now so I will try to provide a pic tomorrow.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mhiggi02 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a pic or two with your carry rig on? I'd like to see how folks dress to cover/conceal their CCW. I've got both IWB and OWB holsters but have been tending to just carry my .380 in my pocket out of ease. I need some ideas please.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Check out: Pictorial: How You Carry Concealed in the reference forum

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Check out: Pictorial: How You Carry Concealed in the reference forum

This thread seems like a good place to ask: is it easier to conceal on someone bigger or smaller? I.e. slimmer clothes conceal less than XXL's?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by alyehoud View Post

This thread seems like a good place to ask: is it easier to conceal on someone bigger or smaller?
    It all depends on:

1: The person / clothing
    2: The gun
    3: The holster

To say a larger person can conceal easier than a smaller one or vice versa is a totally unprovable.

JD
    Administrator
    Check out posts #6, #4, #8, #12 and #39 in the above referenced thread, there's quite a few different body types, fashion styles, guns, and methods of carry which are all make it look easy to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It all depends on:

1: The person / clothing
    2: The gun
    3: The holster

To say a larger person can conceal easier than a smaller one or vice versa is a totally unprovable.
    Well, I personally am 5'11", 150, and at work I have a tucked in shirt. I just can't see it not being highly noticeable at work. With a t-shirt it's fine, I'm sure (just ordered it this past week (concealed IWB). But then again, even if I were 250lbs, it would show equally with a tucked-in shirt, no? I guess you just have to play with it? My thing is that I don't want to have to adjust what I wear too much - i.e. slightly larger pants, looser clothes, etc.

Lots of excellent pics of CCW here...just a baggy shirt over your sidearm and you're good to go...give it a try!

Maybe we can get together at GTR in the near future and I'll show you several methods of CCW that seem to work for me...

ret/Ken
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Have you ever been made?

I have offen thought what to do if someone notices I am carrying? Has anyone ever been made? And how did you handle it?

I think most of the suggestions regarding being made are to offer a sheepish smile, some sort of "Oops! How embarrassing!" comment, then fix your cover and carry on like nothing happened.

-john

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    I have offen thought what to do if someone notices I am carrying? Has anyone ever been made? And how did you handle it?
    Never happened to me. I have a large green fanny pack from Bagmaster that I use exclusively for hiking. I may as well draw a picture of a gun on this thing. I've had the thing on down town even in front of police officers and have never even raised an eyebrow. Unless you are intentionally trying to draw attention to yourself you're not likely to be noticed by the average citizen.

Administrator

Flashing Noticed By A Sheeple

Well, I read on this one other forum that you can usually just say the name of your home state in a low voice and follow it up by saying "Official Business" and that will usually get the sheeple to keep quiet and just go away.

Even if you were just officially buying a roll of paper towels for the Wife at the grocery store...I guess you're covered.

It sounds like it would work just fine since most Sheeple are walking around in a total daze anyway.

I've never had a need to try it out.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Lots of excellent pics of CCW here...just a baggy shirt over your sidearm and you're good to go...give it a try!

Maybe we can get together at GTR in the near future and I'll show you several methods of CCW that seem to work for me...

ret/Ken
    Ken, check your PM.

Thanks for everyone's input and for pointing me to the reference thread - very helpful!!
    Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
    Glock 19
    Mossberg Mariner 590 12 Ga
    Saiga AK-47
    Marlin Model 60

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."

-Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links