Blackhawk CQC SERPA w/P226R

This is a discussion on Blackhawk CQC SERPA w/P226R within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The manufacturer's website doesn't mention rail models and neither do the retailer's sites that I have been to. Does anyone know (use one of these ...

Thread: Blackhawk CQC SERPA w/P226R

Blackhawk CQC SERPA w/P226R

The manufacturer's website doesn't mention rail models and neither do the retailer's sites that I have been to. Does anyone know (use one of these holsters with a Sig w/rail) if this works?
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    My Serpa works great with my 226RST.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    My serpa works fine with the 229 that I have!

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

VIP Member
    The one I have didn't say P-220R just P-220... but it works fine with the R!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks folks! I think that I will go with the CQC as my first carry holster.
    Now I just need to decide on a mag carrier.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

I would think any pistol with rails will fit the corrisponding CQC Serpa holster! I have a G-23 with rails and it fits perfectly into the G-23 Serpa holster.

Now, in no way will it fit into the holster with a tac-light or laser attached to the rail!

However, Blackhawk is beginning to address that issue with a new line of CQC and CQC Serpa holsters. Right now they are only compatible with the Glock pistol.

The CQC level 2 w/o Serpa feature will fit a Glock with an Insight M-3 or M-6 or Streamlight TRK-1 or TRL-2 tactical lights mounted to the gun.

For a CQC Serpa holster the only weapon to fit it is a Glock and only with their new Blackhawk Xiphos tactical light. The reason is the tactical light has to be specifically designed to fit around the Serpa Retention Mechanism on the holster.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well I went into town today and bought the Blackhawk CQC SERPA for my Sig. I wish that the decocker and slide catch did not contact the holster when in use but it does slide in easily and draws with little or no friction after the retention is released. Besides the contact with the controls, I really like this holster with one exception:

I am new to concealed carry and have just bought a new gunbelt (Acker B21 with polymer liner sewn in) and am having difficulty threading it through the belt slots on this holster. They are pretty close together, not at all like one of those wide leather pancake holsters. I don't want to damage my new gunbelt by doubling it over upon itself trying to thread it on the holster. What am I doing wrong here?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong... You just have to be careful when threading the belt onto the holster.

I have an Aker Nightguard concealment holster for my Glock with the light attached has belt slots very close together making it difficult to thread my Double Layer Bullhide Belt from The Beltman.

I have to be careful with that particular holster, but it does thread my Blackhawk Serpa a bit easier.

The polymer liner probably adds a significant amount of stiffness to the belt.

I would assume that over time, it will get a bit easier.

You may have to purchase an additional belt that will be used for a particular holster.

One thing you will probably find out, is that people end up spending just as much on gunleather and rigs than they do for guns.

It's a fact that you will lay out some serious cash for getting quality rigs that work well with your body type, the clothing you wear, and weapon. Even with doing some serious research, sometimes it just comes down to trial and error.

You can always resell stuff to members here or on ebay and other methods to help defray some of the costs of getting something that doesn't work out for you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks Bark'n, for both of your posts. I don't plan to use the rail on my Sig any time soon. I tend to obsess a little when getting started in something new.

Hey, I hear ya Tex... You have no idea how anal I can get when selecting a new gun, caliber, holster, etc...

I spent almost 18 months agonizing over getting a Springfield XD... then what caliber.... then what size.... then a good 2 months on which custom sights to get and a good 2 months on a couple of holsters!

Ended up with an OD green XD9sc with custom XS Big Dot tritium sights and a Side Guard (minimal snap) IWB holster as well as a Brommeland Max-Con V IWB holster.

And yippy skippy, I've been happy as a clam with all the choices!

Both holster makers are members of the forum too! Great guys!

Eric of Side Guard holsters, Gary Brommeland of Brommeland Holsters, Matt Del Fatti, Kevin of K&D, Nate of UBG as well as many others are all great holster makers and great guys.

Hope I didn't leave anyone out... So many great holster makers here, I'd hate to leave someone out unintentionally.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Links