MaxCon VI In the Mail Today

This is a discussion on MaxCon VI In the Mail Today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good to see you're up and about, Gary. Take it easy, do what Remy and the docs say, and don't let the stress of returning ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MaxCon VI In the Mail Today

Good to see you're up and about, Gary. Take it easy, do what Remy and the docs say, and don't let the stress of returning to work injure your health. We'd all rather see you healthy, and there's not one of us that can't afford to wait a bit longer.

TheHun, I've seen Gary's work and it's top notch. He shipped me a partial order and the fit and quality of his work is fantastic. You'll be pleased when you get your order. Gary's an honest guy, he has an impeccable reputation here and elsewhere--he's just got a bit of a backlog. Be patient, it will come.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    We've had to toss out more finished holsters over the past year than in the entire previous 23 years that I've been doing this. We got some leather in that just would not mold up firmly and while the holsters looked nice, they were soft. We might well have made your holster only to have throw it out.

We tried to notify everyone, but quite frankly were getting hammered with so many "is it done yet?" calls and emails that things got pretty hectic & disorganized for a while. We might have missed you.

Please shoot me a PM and let me know who you are and we'll be able to tell you what's going on with your order. Thanks!
    Thank you Gary, I will just wait than.
    No PM, I don't wanna hold you up.

Looks nice, I'm still waiting on the same set up for my Glock from Gary.
    Not sure when it will arrive, but I'm looking forward to it, knowing it will be worth the wait. Got another holster to hold me over until the Max Con VI arrives.

I am waiting for the exact same holster for my G23. Looks sharp. I can't even remember when I ordered mine. I think that it was in Feb 07. I haven't even bothered calling because I have been reading about Gary's recent health issues. No need to pester a healing man. I'm sure that my holster will be done eventually, and everyone states that it is well worth the wait.

Good luck with yours and I'll be very happy to post some pics of mine when I get it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Very nice looking holster. I got to order a VI right after Gary introduced it on the forum. Can't wait to get my MCVI for my Kimber TLE/RL as well.
    Which grade is that? Presentation or Service? Looking at various pictures, I have a hard time telling the difference.
    Does anyone have side by side views of the different grades to post?

Gary, glad to see you are making a speedy recovery. Don't over do it!

Posters- what's up with all the lefties?

Mine is the Service Grade. Its hard to imagine what a presentation grade looks like. The SG works great and it is a concealed holster so I did not see the need for the PG.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

One week down and I am happier than I was last week when I got it. The MaxCon has changed the way I dress. Instead of a second un buttoned cover shirt I am doing just fine now with a single untucked shirt. I will still wear my vest this fall as I like the vest for resons other than a good cover garment but I wouldn't have too.

~ Thomas Jefferson

It is a very nice looking holster freetrapper!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    One week down and I am happier than I was last week when I got it.
    That's a heckofan endorsement. Glad it's working out for you! Good to hear such a great report.

Nearly a month of every day carry. I have worn it every day to work and every day on the weekend. I have drove for miles, spent all day in the office chair and rolled around on the shop floor on the weekends.

Great Holster and well worth the wait!

~ Thomas Jefferson

Congrats, the holster looks very nice. I too ordered two holsters and mag carriers last July. Everytime I see one of these, I get more excited that one day I'll have not one, but TWO of them.

Hope everything is going well for you Gary. I won't bug you to ask how mine is coming, as I am sure it'll be along as soon as possible. :)

Mine has been awsome. I could never have believed that IWB could be this comfortable for a fat guy. Well worth the wait.

~ Thomas Jefferson

i have said it before as the op said the max con works very well for us lareger guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    i have said it before as the op said the max con works very well for us lareger guys
    Hey Bud... I agree 100% I got my Max Con V from Coal Creek and I originally wanted the Def Con OWB because I was afraid the IWB Max Con would keep rolling over the top of the belt like a lot of IWB holsters. Plus I have a short barrel XD 3" so I was really concerned about that.

Well, the Def Con was out of stock but the Max Con IWB was in stock so that is what I ordered.

It is the best holster I have ever owned! No hint of the gun being top heavy and trying to roll over the top of the belt. That holster is so snug to the body I feel like the gun is velcro'd to my side!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

[QUOTE=freetrapper;476871]Well Yesterday.................

The fit for the firearm was very tight so I followed the directions for break in. Two layers of wax paper around the gun over night. Then a couple dozen draws this morning. After unwrapping the gun I was welcomed to a perfect fitting holster. I strapped it on and headed for work. I am 5-11 and about 315 pounds so most would not consider an IWB in my case but I must disagree. After a one hour commute in my wife’s car I am ecstatic about the level of comfort. As this is my first IWB I am also very impressed with how much better it conceals my firearm than my old OW

What's the deal with the 2 layers of wax paper overnight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links