MaxCon VI In the Mail Today

MaxCon VI In the Mail Today

This is a discussion on MaxCon VI In the Mail Today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well Yesterday................. For all of you waiting on an order from Brommeland Leather let me assure you it is well worth the wait. Yesterday I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up MaxCon VI In the Mail Today

Well Yesterday.................

For all of you waiting on an order from Brommeland Leather let me assure you it is well worth the wait.

Yesterday I recieved my MaxCon VI and a single mag holder from Gary. I know that wait times for custom holsters has been a hot topic on here lately but I must say Gary has been nothing but straight forward with me since the day I ordered it. At the time of order he worked with me on getting the right holster and his advice on firearm and holster selection was very valuable. I also changed my order at least one time as well as added to it while I was waiting and he was always easy to work with. I have nothing but praise for Gary and the product I received.

When I opened the box I found a holster that was pretty much perfect. At least I could not see how the construction or finish work could be any better. The form work was very precise, the stitching was straight and even, the finish on the edges was immaculate, the overall leather finish was excellent and the pre formed shape made for a great fit to me as well as the gun.

The fit for the firearm was very tight so I followed the directions for break in. Two layers of wax paper around the gun over night. Then a couple dozen draws this morning. After unwrapping the gun I was welcomed to a perfect fitting holster. I strapped it on and headed for work. I am 5-11 and about 315 pounds so most would not consider an IWB in my case but I must disagree. After a one hour commute in my wife’s car I am ecstatic about the level of comfort. As this is my first IWB I am also very impressed with how much better it conceals my firearm than my old OWB.

I will add some pictures as I can take them and I will report again on the comfort as I wear it daily for a few months. For now however I am a very happy customer of Brommeland Leather. My only disappointment is that Gary will not be doing any more custom work.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Congrats!

Lucky you, Freetrapper! When did you place your order? Just curious, since the MaxCon VI was not yet offered when I ordered my (still on order) MaxCon V last July.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

The MaxCon VI was not available when I ordered my MaxCon V last year either. I called and changed my V to a VI earlier this year. Its been a long wait but well worth it for me.

~ Thomas Jefferson

What is the difference in the Max-Con V and the Max-Con VI?

They are basicly the same except the VI has an additional piece of leather at the mouth to assest in holding it open so you can re holster easier.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Enjoy your goodies from Gary.

I received my two Max Cons in June and I have been 100% pleased.
    I really do love these holsters. I now carry everywhere I legally can due to the comfort and ease of concealment the Max Con affords.

I only regret that Gary will no longer be accepting orders as in the future when I purchase a new handgun I really did want another holster from Gary.

I fully understand his reason thought, too many who do not understand that he was a craftsman in a one man shop. His holsters are not just stamped out but received individual attention.

This takes time and illnesses and deaths in the family and his refusal to use anything but the highest quality impacts the small shop.
    But hey quality is worth the wait

For you bigger guys, I am about 5-11 and 315 pounds. This is a very comfortable holster. Here is a picture of the MaxCon VI on me. (Please no laughter)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by freetrapper; September 12th, 2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

~ Thomas Jefferson

Here is a couple shots of the MaxCon VI front and back.
    Attached Images

~ Thomas Jefferson

Here it is with the G19 Installed..........
    Attached Images

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by country85 View Post
    I only regret that Gary will no longer be accepting orders as in the future when I purchase a new handgun I really did want another holster from Gary.
    Hey there Country,

I am still making holsters and intend to do so until they shovel dirt in my face...
    The only difference is that from now on my holsters will be sold thru a dealer who will (hopefully) have them in stock for immediate delivery. Presently, Coal Creek Armory is that dealer and they do have holsters (ordered 18 months ago) in stock as I type this. (Their number is 865.966.4545) They will ship anywhere CONUS, AK, HI and Puerto Rico.
    I'm not trying to "plug" Coal Creek, but I don't want anyone to get the impression that my holsters are not going to be available in the future. We are just trying a new approach to sales that should make my customers a whole lot happier, and also keep my blood pressure from going bonkers...

thanks for the response guys

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Lucky you, Freetrapper! When did you place your order? Just curious, since the MaxCon VI was not yet offered when I ordered my (still on order) MaxCon V last July.

LAST JULY??? Hope you just kidding.

I don't see mine getting shipped (ordered it dec. 2006) anytime soon.
    According to the sticky above, all last year's orders will be shipped withing 90 days....

In two occasions I was told that mine were completed and ready to be shipped.
    Was I told something else than the truth???

Please!!!! Let's Close this Now

There are many of us in the same situation. My order was back in July of '06 and i have not recieved it either. We all know the story by this time. Without question, Gary's holsters are the best I have ever had. I have resinged myself to the fact that my order will come when it comes. Plain and simple. Dragging this all out again will not help anyone or anything. I understand the frustration but going over the situation again and again gets old. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHun View Post
    LAST JULY??? Hope you just kidding.

I don't see mine getting shipped (ordered it dec. 2006) anytime soon.
    According to the sticky above, all last year's orders will be shipped withing 90 days....

In two occasions I was told that mine were completed and ready to be shipped.
    Was I told something else than the truth???
    We've had to toss out more finished holsters over the past year than in the entire previous 23 years that I've been doing this. We got some leather in that just would not mold up firmly and while the holsters looked nice, they were soft. We might well have made your holster only to have throw it out.

We tried to notify everyone, but quite frankly were getting hammered with so many "is it done yet?" calls and emails that things got pretty hectic & disorganized for a while. We might have missed you.

Please shoot me a PM and let me know who you are and we'll be able to tell you what's going on with your order. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links