Problem with Fist #20 IWB

This is a discussion on Problem with Fist #20 IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying my Kahr P40 in a Fist #20 IWB holster. It is very comfortable with an easy draw/ reholster. Here is the ...

Thread: Problem with Fist #20 IWB

Problem with Fist #20 IWB

I have been carrying my Kahr P40 in a Fist #20 IWB holster. It is very comfortable with an easy draw/ reholster. Here is the problem; since I have been using this holster I noticed that I need to tighten the screws on the loops almost daily. About three weeks ago, the screw on the rear loop fell out and I could not find it. Fist sent me new screws rather quickly, but it happened again yesterday. Luckily I found the screw.

Has anyone else that owns this holster experienced this?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

I have a FIST #20 close cropped IWB for my CZ 2075. I switched to the snap-on loops for the holster, but still have the screw-on loops for my mag pouch. I've only had the rig for about 2 weeks now, so I don't have a ton of experience, but I have noticed the screws on the mag pouch do seem to be loose every time I put it back on my belt. I haven't had the screws actually fall out yet, though. I'll have to let you know when I have a little more time carrying with the rig.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I have been carrying my Kahr P40 in a Fist #20 IWB holster. It is very comfortable with an easy draw/ reholster. Here is the problem; since I have been using this holster I noticed that I need to tighten the screws on the loops almost daily. About three weeks ago, the screw on the rear loop fell out and I could not find it. Fist sent me new screws rather quickly, but it happened again yesterday. Luckily I found the screw.

Has anyone else that owns this holster experienced this?
    locktite?

It is not a huge deal, I was just wondering if any other Fist holster owners had experienced this?
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

They do make products simialr to locktite, but that doesn't sercure it perm. Check at Lowes or tthe Depot - they should be able to put you in the right direction.

If locktight doesn't work...call Fist and ask to speak to Jim, the owner. He will find a solution for you!

All of my Fist IWB's have the metal clip...no problems...easy on and off!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Locktite comes in different grades, with some being impossible to release, and others providing lessor amounts of grip. Do a bit of research on the amount of torque resistance needed, and choose the appropriate locktite.

Locktite-blue

I had issues w/FIST loops (notice I said HAD-I do not use my #20 anymore). I substituted my loops for snaps, but because the strap is trimmed close to the snap there is no leverage to open the snap quickly-thus defeating the snap feature

I had to use snaps generously donated by Kevin from KD Holsters to make this thing work right. Now I use KD Dakota.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Thanks for the replys, everyone.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    You could try using some little neoprene O rings under the screw heads. They should hopefully keep enough tension on the screws to prevent them from going loose.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links