Defensive Carry banner

How do you carry 1911's

4K views 28 replies 29 participants last post by  JD 
#1 ·
I just got me a new Taurus PT1911 that will become a carry piece after I do all my checks through it for reliability... So what kind of Holsters do you all use for your 1911's

#4 ·
5 Shot Leathers Uncle Lou IWB with either a :
Kimber Pro CDP
NIghthawk Talon II bobtail
Wilson CQB Compact

I'm waiting on my UBG Canute to come in, then I'll add a Nighthawk GRP to that list

#6 ·
Fist #1A (with a cant) IWB (with a clip) at 4:00-4:30...very comfortable...
Easy to order, good leather, well-made, 3-4 week service!:hand10:

#8 ·
Lightweight Commander and a Micro in Andrews Leather McDaniel II's and a special order from K&D on the way.

#9 ·
I usually carry my Kimber ProCarryII(4" barrel) in a Wild Bill "No Such Agency" holster usually around 4-430 position. To be honest I love it. I don't like the IWB's with the belt loops that go up and around your belt. This one molds quite well to my body and the small metal clip is offset from the actual holster so it doesn't make it stick out any further.

#12 ·
Rock Island 1911 GI Model in a Galco OWB at 4:00-4:30 always Condition 1.

Just picked up a SA Micro Compact Fully Loaded in .45 acp last Friday and have not found a holster yet. It came with an ankle holster but it is very uncomfortable. I am probably going to go with an IWB at 6:00.

#14 ·
Andrews Leather Mc Daniels II
(pic taken in the mirror makes it appear to be a LH but its a RH)

Ma Daniels II

Ross Leather Stingray

#22 ·
Andrews Leather Mc Daniels II
(pic taken in the mirror makes it appear to be a LH but its a RH)

Can you tell me a little bit about this style holster with the single, rear belt attach point? Is it kind of an adjustable cant? IOW, will it stay in place, for instance, if you try & carry it more upright or does it always "settle" into the position shown?

Thanks, Cloudpeak

#18 ·
I carry my Springfield Champion "cocked and locked" in a Milt Sparks VersaMax-II at about 1630 hrs. :image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.