Deep concealment for taurus 24/7 pro?

This is a discussion on Deep concealment for taurus 24/7 pro? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, my 1st post here. I just received permission from my job to carry on the job, as I am a nighttime manager for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep concealment for taurus 24/7 pro?

Hello all, my 1st post here. I just received permission from my job to carry on the job, as I am a nighttime manager for a fast-food chain. This, naturally, leaves me in a small, glassed-in building at night with large sums of money, and many attractive young ladies, both of which serve to attract the wrong sorts of people. I have just acquired a taurus 24/7 pro, after several months of researchin. Now, I need o conceal this thing, as no one but my direct supervisor is aware of it, and I intend to keep it that way. Any suggestions would be helpful, and I would add that my uniform is mandated as black slacks, along with a golf-style shirt in a very helpful red/black or blue/black style that breaks up outlines. It MUST, however be tucked in.
    Thanks for any help.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum AcimEriga.

Sounds like your choices are best met with the Smart Carry holster:

http://www.smartcarry.com/

I have two of them and have used them on different guns, from the Steyr S40, to the Kahr P9 Covert, to the SIGARMS P229....all in relative comfort and great concealment.

Here's a good review of it on m1911.org :

http://www.m1911.org/prodte10.htm

You can also use a "tuckable" IWB holster like the CTAC Comp Tac (with velcro clips....if you can find the velcro clips):

http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/COMPTACCTAC

There are other tuckable holsters out there. A good website to research who makes one is www.rigrate.com

Good luck!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

+1 on the Smart Carry. I think that will be your best bet with a tucked shirt. Very easy access, once you practice a bit. I did not think it possible, until I tried one, NOW I'm a believer.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I like the SmartCarry and infact used mine all day today, however just another idea that I find a little faster is the UC Comfort t-shirt holster. You can find a post about it with a video of it in action on here that can help. Lots of ways, just pick the one that fits you the best.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I think I would find a 'smart carry' uncomfortable, but many do like it. I would think that any tuckable IWB could work just fine...many holster makers to choose from....SEE "Related Links" up above and then click on "Hplsters...", then search out the makers...lots to choose from!

If you're working with large sums of cash and lots of good looking ladies...be careful when firing your gun, not to hit any of the 'brass poles'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Your build would add to the discussion. If you "fill" your shirt, you may have problems. If it "blouses" (hangs loosely) well around your midsection, you have much more to work with.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

well, Im 5 foot 8, 210 pounds, (down from 250 earlier this year) and I fill the shirts I have pretty well. Luckily for me, the chest does stick out a bit more than the gut, but my beltline is still quite full. testing in a mirror has revealed I think I can get by nicely with a holster that will "spread" the bulge along a wider area, and the mandate for a tucked in shirt led to a tuckable. I am most worried about keeping the grip tucked in as much as possible, asmost of the high-school kids I work with likely wouldnt take too well to the idea of a gun in the store, and Im sure their parents wouldnt.) I would not be able to access an underarm style, as the shirts arent button down. (BTW, I work at a sonic drive-in, the good looking girls are all underage, but theres been a rash of robberies, and christmas is coming)

I beleive the Dakota Dafender from K&D would do what you are requesting.....http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html. If you have any questions you could always give them a call.
    "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced."

I had a PT111 that I concealed in a Kangaroo holster....check it out:
    Review----
    http://www.gunblast.com/Kangaroo.htm

Site to purchase--
    http://www.kangarooind.com/

Senior Moderator
    I like my Smartcarry and wear it all day with slacks and a tucked in shirt. You can also look at High Noon tuckable holsters if you are on a budget.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Check out my Crossbreed SuperTuck review .

I'm a little taller and heavier, but if you can blouse your shirt like mine is than the SuperTuck will work great for you. It's also very comfortable. Since you'll be on your feet a lot and probably doing a lot of bending over check out my little video that shows how well it hides while bending & twisting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQYGYznDL0
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

If bumping into your co-workers is a concern, you might want to try the SmartCarry. You may be less likely to bump into the underage, attractive, young ladies with your crotch than your hip.

Then again ... maybe not. The SmartCarry might even "impress" them!
    BAD things happen to GOOD people.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    Check out my Crossbreed SuperTuck review .

I'm a little taller and heavier, but if you can blouse your shirt like mine is than the SuperTuck will work great for you. It's also very comfortable. Since you'll be on your feet a lot and probably doing a lot of bending over check out my little video that shows how well it hides while bending & twisting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGQYGYznDL0
    +1 on The SuperTuck. Stick a cellphone outside of where you have the gun tucked. If you bump into anyone they are going to look over and see your cell phone or the little control box for the headphones you guys wear for drivethru.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

smart carry with XD40SC or PT145

Here is how easy it is to hide a pretty good size gun in a smatcarry. Just make sue you have at least 1" extra for the draw. Works very well for the environment you are in.

steve

Stood before the congregation last night and preached with my gun concealed in a SmartCarry. I too would tend to fill out my shirts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links