MTAC spare body for 5" 1911

This is a discussion on MTAC spare body for 5" 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received the spare body I ordered that will enable me to carry my Mil-Spec using the same holster I have grown to love ...

Thread: MTAC spare body for 5" 1911

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

MTAC spare body for 5" 1911

I just received the spare body I ordered that will enable me to carry my Mil-Spec using the same holster I have grown to love so much. The change over from my G19 body to the 1911 body was quick and painless. The holster is still as comfortable as it is with my Glock 19, and Comp-Tac has once again shown great service, and fast shipping.

I am kind of worried about rust forming on the left side of the gun, as it comes into contact with leather, and I understand that leather tends to retain moisture. Should I just wipe it down everyday with a silicone cloth?

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

I just ordered the same holster for a 5" 1911 also. Does that hammer rub you much?

Thanks. Sam.

Administrator
    Search Ebay...buy a small container of this wax.
    Give your firearm a light occasional coat of it.
    It will not make your gun slippery. It's fantastic stuff and your firearm won't show any rust.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The only part of the gun that comes into contact with me is the grip. Thanks QK for showing me the wax, I'll have to look into it.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Or try CorrosionX. Or get your gun chromed by Tripp

I would like one of those for my Glock 19.What was the price?
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The price for the entire rig is about 78.00, and that includes shipping. Spare Minotaur holster shells are 38.00 with shipping. They quote you 2-3 weeks processing and delivery, but my MTAC was on my belt in about 7 days. Comp-Tac has awesome customer service, and they keep you up to date about your order.

BIGSAM,

I carry a Para LTC in my MTAC. The only complaint I have with it is that the sweat shield (leather) does not go high enough. I get bit by my hammer if I wear it at 3 o'clock, like the rest of my ccw's. If I shift it to about 4-4:30, biting is not a problem anymore, so I guess I have to get used to the new position.

BTW, I also ordered an MTAC shell for my XD40 Service. It is very comfortable in this rig. With either gun, the holster rides very secure with the standard clips.

BUTTSTOCK,

Thanks for the info. Judging by everyone elses experiences I should receive my MTAC this week. I also ordered another mold for the USP FS. Hopefully it works as well for me as for others. If not I guess I'll start my bum holster drawer.

Sam.

Links