3" GP100 IWB Holster?

3" GP100 IWB Holster?

This is a discussion on 3" GP100 IWB Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone here carrying this combo? I just haven't found anything that really seems right....

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Member Array blacksan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    262

    3" GP100 IWB Holster?

    Is anyone here carrying this combo? I just haven't found anything that really seems right.


  2. #2
    Ex Member Array BikerRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State of Discombobulation
    Posts
    5,253
    Not to hijack your thread, but I do have a question on this combo.

    I've considered it. In fact I'm looking really hard at doing this combo for my EDC. Right now I'm packing a 4" N-Frame as my EDC.

    The reason I'm considering it is, I have to send my N-Frame off to be refinished. What holsters have you used for this? I'm tossing the idea of a 4" or a 3" gun and would love to know the advantages/disadvantages of each. I have always carried a 4"er.

    Take care and stay safe.

    Biker

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I do have a question on this combo.

    I've considered it. In fact I'm looking really hard at doing this combo for my EDC. Right now I'm packing a 4" N-Frame as my EDC.

    The reason I'm considering it is, I have to send my N-Frame off to be refinished. What holsters have you used for this? I'm tossing the idea of a 4" or a 3" gun and would love to know the advantages/disadvantages of each. I have always carried a 4"er.

    Take care and stay safe.

    Biker
    I carry a 4" GP100 and I don't personally see any advantage to the
    3". The concealment problem is in the stocks and can be greatly improved by changing to something such as Eagle Secret Service grips as I did.

  4. #4
    Member Array blacksan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I carry a 4" GP100 and I don't personally see any advantage to the
    3". The concealment problem is in the stocks and can be greatly improved by changing to something such as Eagle Secret Service grips as I did.
    I simply shoot the 3" GP well. The balance of it as compared to a 4" gun is noticeable to me and I simply find it works better for me. I guess it is kind of like holsters. What works for me might not even come close to another.

  5. #5
    Member Array blacksan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Not to hijack your thread, but I do have a question on this combo.

    I've considered it. In fact I'm looking really hard at doing this combo for my EDC. Right now I'm packing a 4" N-Frame as my EDC.

    The reason I'm considering it is, I have to send my N-Frame off to be refinished. What holsters have you used for this? I'm tossing the idea of a 4" or a 3" gun and would love to know the advantages/disadvantages of each. I have always carried a 4"er.

    Take care and stay safe.

    Biker
    See post above.

  6. #6
    Member Array ev239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    491
    I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck on the way for my wife's 3" SP101 .357, which I know is thinner with smaller grips than the GP, but is still fairly hefty. I'll let you know how it works out once I get it.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

    Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array lance22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,031
    Hey! That's my next carry set-up!

  8. #8
    Member Array blacksan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Hey! That's my next carry set-up!
    Nah-Nah I did it first!

  9. #9
    Ex Member Array BikerRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State of Discombobulation
    Posts
    5,253
    If you are looking for a good holster, and are willing to wait, take a look at Milt Sparks and Matt Del Fatti. Kramer is another good holster, that I don't see in the forums much.

    I have a Del Fatti OWB and I'm waiting on my IWB from him. My IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special II will be here around Christmas time. Back when I packed a 1911 I had a Spark's Summer Special.

    The reason I was considering the 3" GP100 was because it's a fixed sight handgun. I like fixed sights on all defensive handguns I carry. I have worn out too many jacket linings with adjustable sights. I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

    Biker

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,437
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

    Biker
    I hope you will post some pictures when you get that custom GP100.. Sounds like a very merry Christmas indeed.

  11. #11
    Member Array blacksan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If you are looking for a good holster, and are willing to wait, take a look at Milt Sparks and Matt Del Fatti. Kramer is another good holster, that I don't see in the forums much.

    I have a Del Fatti OWB and I'm waiting on my IWB from him. My IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special II will be here around Christmas time. Back when I packed a 1911 I had a Spark's Summer Special.

    The reason I was considering the 3" GP100 was because it's a fixed sight handgun. I like fixed sights on all defensive handguns I carry. I have worn out too many jacket linings with adjustable sights. I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

    Biker
    +1 on fixed sights, but for durability reasons. I have whacked the hell out of a few duty guns during the past 24 years and fixed sights would have been knocked clean off.

    I also spoke with Marc and have seen his work close up, it is outstanding!!!

  12. #12
    Member Array Bri-Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Republic of California
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs up GP100 carry option

    I carry a 4" GP in a Hoffner's Ultrux Mirage. I't designed to carry the cylinder above the belt line to avoid adding more bulk. It's very comfortable and tucks the big revolver right into my side and out of the way. I'm posting a pic from their website to show how the basic set-up works with large framed revolvers.
    http://www.hoffners.com/holster.htm
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bri-Eye; October 15th, 2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: misspelling/added link

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: February 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
  2. WTS/WTT Ruger GP100 4" SS w/ Custom Leather Holster [GA]
    By j21blackjack in forum Member Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: December 28th, 2007, 01:30 PM
  4. IWB El Paso holster for 3" GP100
    By dawgfvr in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 26th, 2007, 03:02 PM
  5. Ruger SP101 .357 3" vs. GP100 .357 3" for CCW
    By jsmosby in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 15th, 2007, 12:11 AM

Search tags for this page

3 gp100
,
3 gp100 holster
,
3 gp100 iwb holster
,
gp100 3 holster
,

gp100 3 iwb holster

,
gp100 edc
,

gp100 iwb

,

gp100 iwb holster

,
iwb holster for gp100
,
iwb holster for ruger gp100
,
iwb holster gp100
,

ruger gp100 iwb holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors