3" GP100 IWB Holster?

3" GP100 IWB Holster?

This is a discussion on 3" GP100 IWB Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is anyone here carrying this combo? I just haven't found anything that really seems right....

3" GP100 IWB Holster?

Is anyone here carrying this combo? I just haven't found anything that really seems right.

Not to hijack your thread, but I do have a question on this combo.

I've considered it. In fact I'm looking really hard at doing this combo for my EDC. Right now I'm packing a 4" N-Frame as my EDC.

The reason I'm considering it is, I have to send my N-Frame off to be refinished. What holsters have you used for this? I'm tossing the idea of a 4" or a 3" gun and would love to know the advantages/disadvantages of each. I have always carried a 4"er.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

I've considered it. In fact I'm looking really hard at doing this combo for my EDC. Right now I'm packing a 4" N-Frame as my EDC.

The reason I'm considering it is, I have to send my N-Frame off to be refinished. What holsters have you used for this? I'm tossing the idea of a 4" or a 3" gun and would love to know the advantages/disadvantages of each. I have always carried a 4"er.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker
    I carry a 4" GP100 and I don't personally see any advantage to the
    3". The concealment problem is in the stocks and can be greatly improved by changing to something such as Eagle Secret Service grips as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I carry a 4" GP100 and I don't personally see any advantage to the
    3". The concealment problem is in the stocks and can be greatly improved by changing to something such as Eagle Secret Service grips as I did.
    I simply shoot the 3" GP well. The balance of it as compared to a 4" gun is noticeable to me and I simply find it works better for me. I guess it is kind of like holsters. What works for me might not even come close to another.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker
    See post above.

I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck on the way for my wife's 3" SP101 .357, which I know is thinner with smaller grips than the GP, but is still fairly hefty. I'll let you know how it works out once I get it.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Hey! That's my next carry set-up!

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Hey! That's my next carry set-up!
    Nah-Nah I did it first!

If you are looking for a good holster, and are willing to wait, take a look at Milt Sparks and Matt Del Fatti. Kramer is another good holster, that I don't see in the forums much.

I have a Del Fatti OWB and I'm waiting on my IWB from him. My IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special II will be here around Christmas time. Back when I packed a 1911 I had a Spark's Summer Special.

The reason I was considering the 3" GP100 was because it's a fixed sight handgun. I like fixed sights on all defensive handguns I carry. I have worn out too many jacket linings with adjustable sights. I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

Biker

I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

Biker
    I hope you will post some pictures when you get that custom GP100.. Sounds like a very merry Christmas indeed.

If you are looking for a good holster, and are willing to wait, take a look at Milt Sparks and Matt Del Fatti. Kramer is another good holster, that I don't see in the forums much.

I have a Del Fatti OWB and I'm waiting on my IWB from him. My IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special II will be here around Christmas time. Back when I packed a 1911 I had a Spark's Summer Special.

The reason I was considering the 3" GP100 was because it's a fixed sight handgun. I like fixed sights on all defensive handguns I carry. I have worn out too many jacket linings with adjustable sights. I talked to Marc Morganti, I hope I got his name right, at Gemini Customs and I'm going to do a custom GP100. It's going to be my wife's Christmas Present to me. Can you tell I'm happy about Christmas this year?

Biker
    +1 on fixed sights, but for durability reasons. I have whacked the hell out of a few duty guns during the past 24 years and fixed sights would have been knocked clean off.

I also spoke with Marc and have seen his work close up, it is outstanding!!!

Thumbs up GP100 carry option

I carry a 4" GP in a Hoffner's Ultrux Mirage. I't designed to carry the cylinder above the belt line to avoid adding more bulk. It's very comfortable and tucks the big revolver right into my side and out of the way. I'm posting a pic from their website to show how the basic set-up works with large framed revolvers.
    http://www.hoffners.com/holster.htm
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bri-Eye; October 15th, 2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: misspelling/added link

Links