HK P7 in a mcdaniel II?

This is a discussion on HK P7 in a mcdaniel II? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here carry an HK P7 in a mcdaniel II rig? I have one of these for a colt cobra and its a great rig ...

Thread: HK P7 in a mcdaniel II?

HK P7 in a mcdaniel II?

Anyone here carry an HK P7 in a mcdaniel II rig? I have one of these for a colt cobra and its a great rig IMO,so I ordered one for my newly purchased P7. I think sam does fine work and is a really nice guy to boot. So if anyone here has one of these rigs for this gun please sound off and post pics thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I carry a P7 quite often and although I have never tried the McDaniel, I have tried that design....personally, the single offset attachement works fine for my 442 (as it does for your Cobra) but when you get into heavier guns like the P7, it isn't as stable a platform...I would go for a fore and aft attachement (like a VM2) or at the very least, a single attachement centered over the gun...

Carry either of my 1911's all day in a McDaniell II. Very secure and stable. One thing is a good gun belt. Regular belts don't work so well with this type of design. With a good fit between loop and belt, good stiff gun belt and rough side out the system works very well.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

ELCruiser,

Do you know if Mr. Andrews makes McDaniels in anything other than the brown I always see?
    Nothing against the brown, I'm just curious.

Thanks,
    B.

Hi arawn yes sam said he can make it in black also and I believe he said other colors as well(but don't quote me on this last part) Because I may be mistaken. Give him a call hes a really nice guy who is more than happy to give you info on his products. He makes the best IWB rig in my opinion I currently have one on order for my P7 PSP and can't wait to get it.

+1

Give him a call, a great guy to deal with. For an IWB I never get too exited about color so never asked!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I shouldnt comment as i have no experiance with MCdaniel i do have experiance with custom makers tho , and imho you cannot do better, tho you can do cheaper or " will fit " for any gun . For my p7 i went withk&d since he had the ability to fit my pistol , and when visiting we blended the requirements of two holsters into one . My point is i guess is especialy on the p7 hk formfactor , what you pay ( and wait ) for is what you get .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I think the MacDaniel II is the best A-IWB holster I have come across. I am going to order one for my 442 in rough out (can I do black rough out?). In my experience, I would agree with Loveleather about heavier guns in this holster, but if it works for you then it doesn't matter.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Looks like the Mitch Rosen I considered. I went with a Del Fatti since it was the shortest wait (in stock), works great.

Links