What's your XD Service Rig?

This is a discussion on What's your XD Service Rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hate to add another one of these threads, but I will soon be purchasing a holster, and a belt for my XD 9 Service ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your XD Service Rig?

I hate to add another one of these threads, but I will soon be purchasing a holster, and a belt for my XD 9 Service and I need some help.

What holster do you use? What belt and what width?

I guess my main concern is that, while looking at my lovely new companion, it's hard for me to imagine how I will be able to snug it up close enough to my body to actually conceal it.

As far as holsters go, I have been eyeing the MTAC and the Galco Skyops. Eventually I want a K and D Defender, but I need something soon. I hate not being able to carry due to lack of equipment.

Thanks all for any comments or suggestions!

Half measures availed us nothing...

I carry my XD9 in a CTAC with Wilderness belt 1.5". For me, it's very comfortable and nicely concealed.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have been awaiting the arrival of an Eagle and Dakota Defender from K&D. Unfortunately they had not arrived when I left for vacation. They hopefully arrived while I was gone. If so I will let you know how they work with my XD 45 compact. I should be home in 4 or 5 days. I can tell you that I use a 1.5" wilderness belt with an Eagle Defender and Laredo Defender for a couple of full size Glocks and they both hold very tight to my body. The Eagle defender does hold a little better in my opinion. I hope this helps.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Sponsor
    I carry my tactical 45, [ not often at all btw ], in this guys owb rig.http://www.gun-holsters.com/h_pages/pancake_auto.html

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

this holster http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4200&C=C0887
    and this belt http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...&CatalogID=254
    work great together for all day comfort and conceal ability
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

xd 40sub,

Since that Blackhawk is not IWB, do you have any problems with shirts riding up or anything like that? It looks like it rides really high up on the belt. I've just never considered an OWB for CC before.

I also carry an XD-9 service in a sidearmor kydex holster. I find it to uncomfortable for me. I am waiting on the much appraised and reviewed Dakota Defender from K&D. Unfortunatley I ordered it yesterday and there is a 12 to 14 week waiting time. I wait patiently. Here is a pic of my sidearmor, it gets the job done, but kind of uncomfortable when sitting for me. Works well for others.

I carry an XD40 Service in an MTAC, K&D Dakota Defender, and a Don Hume 715. They all serve their own purpose. For comfort, I would go with the K&D. I wore it on vacation while driving from Ohio to Tennessee with the family. It was almost like I forgot I was wearing it, except when going to the restroom.

If you want something fast and do not want to spend a ton, get a Don Hume. It os made with sturdy leather, and is quite comfortable. You will need a sturdy belt with it if you do not want it to move, because it has a single clip.

I carry my XD in a Highnoon Closing Argument.
    + Best holster I've ever used.
    - Takes months to make and ship.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I carry my 4" XD-40 in an UBG Canute with a 1.5" belt. I find this works well for nearly any pair of pants or shorts (with belt loops, of course) with a reasonably loose shirt or outer garment.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...96&postcount=3

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I carry my 4" XD-40 in an UBG Canute with a 1.5" belt. I find this works well for nearly any pair of pants or shorts (with belt loops, of course) with a reasonably loose shirt or outer garment.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...96&postcount=3
    +1 I carry my XD-45 in a UBG Canute! Snug as a bug and just disappears. I take it everywhere.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Crossbreed, 4" .45. Works with loose fitting t-shirt. I also wear a button down shirt that I have sewn two nickels into the 'bottom corners' to keep it from blowing in the wind.

My XD45 in my Brommeland Max Con V, with spare mags in a Brommeland Double Mag Holster and both are held up by a Don Hume Holster Belt. It is super comfortable rig. I believe he has my picture on his website.

tex

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I have a xd9 service that rides well in a Galco Skyops IWB. There are better holsters you can order but until they arrive go to the store and get the Galco.
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

Just ordered a spare UBG Canute (brown) he had lying around. I can't wait to get it!

Handmade and only a few days wait... you can't beat that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links