Holster question for women

This is a discussion on Holster question for women within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to buy my wife a new holster for her xd9sc. She wears scrubs alot and I have mentioned the BB holster but ...

Thread: Holster question for women

I am looking to buy my wife a new holster for her xd9sc. She wears scrubs alot and I have mentioned the BB holster but she is not a fan of wearing a girdle in the NC heat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to find a comfortable IWB that does not require a belt.

Thanks,
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

So would I
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

My wife searched high and low for a holster that does not require a belt. Many months passed without said object appearing. Smart Carry, BB and the like had no appeal. At the risk of pulling this off topics (my apologies in advance), she settled on a Sam Andrews Monarch Rig.

Here's a pic of same:

There are more pics and comments here too:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hlight=Monarch

Good luck, and if you find said grail, please post a review!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by CCWINNC View Post
    I am looking to buy my wife a new holster for her xd9sc. She wears scrubs alot and I have mentioned the BB holster but she is not a fan of wearing a girdle in the NC heat. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to find a comfortable IWB that does not require a belt.

Thanks,
    Just trying to understand it better, if she is going to and from the hospital in scrubs, then maybe a smaller firearm with a pocket holster should work. I have had other nurses just carry a .38 snub in an ankle holster. Just pull out the holster with handgun and leave in a safe box or glove compartment and off to work you go.

If her job in scrubs is NOT in the hospital surrounding, and I know "how well" scrubs fit, then maybe a clip holster?

Also, there is a website somewhere out there that sells undershirts with the holster stitched to the opposite side under the arm (I guess "cross carry"). Again, the problem is that the XD might be a bit to big for that. My girlfriend (ICU RN) settle with a SIG P232.

Thanks for the suggestions. She works for the health department and does home visits in some pretty bad areas of town. She has a 2" .357 tarus with .38 loads in it, but does not like the trigger pull on it. She loves the XD for ease of use and trigger pull. Not to mention 16+1 capacity.

I have mentioned the ankle holster but when she sits at a patients house it would show. I am trying to get her to reconsider the belly band but its tough going.
    CCWINNC

HK P2000 .40SW
    Para Ord Tac 4 .45acp
    XD 9 Service
    XD 9 SC
    Taurus 651 .357 mag

My wife carries an XD .40sc in a SmartCarry alot of the time. In fact, we both have a SmartCarry and it works quite well.

Check them out HERE.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I would say the BB. I use to live in NC and know it's terrible in the summer, but I guess I don't see where being slightly uncomfortable as compared to comforted is a big deal. If she's in her scrubs then maybe she should look at a small fanny pack. If she throws a set of shears sticking out of the outside pocket, no one would even think of her carrying her weapon in it. I don't think there's much else to do. There is the "kangaroo holster" that may work. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's pretty much a shoulder holster, but it's a little different. Also, never tried one, but the smart carry may also be an option. Good luck.

VIP Member
    Kramer "Womens Paddle Holster" may be an option. Doesn't require a belt and is stable in jeans, slacks, etc., but I've not yet seen it tried in scrubs....might be worth a phone call to Kramer.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sponsored Links