HAVING TROUBLE FINDING HOLSTER--3" inch XD

This is a discussion on HAVING TROUBLE FINDING HOLSTER--3" inch XD within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Signed up for my CHP class, yay! Got my new carry baby in, I open carry it so far with a Blackhawk thumb-break,but I'd like ...

Thread: HAVING TROUBLE FINDING HOLSTER--3" inch XD

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

HAVING TROUBLE FINDING HOLSTER--3" inch XD

Signed up for my CHP class, yay! Got my new carry baby in, I open carry it so far with a Blackhawk thumb-break,but I'd like to get a shoulder rig for it. And an OWB, maybe,maybe IWB......either way I'm having trouble locating a holster for the 3" XD, tons are apparently made for the 4"

Thanks for any help/info.

If I had known,I would have probable gotten the extra inch

EDIT: Its a .40S&W cal,so its an XD40SC

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

2. Remove Ads

For the 3" 9mm, you can get any holster for any .40 or any .45...there will be a little left over in the bottom, but the only ones that are "skinnier" in the slide are the 9mm service and tactical models. I just saw in your avatar that you have a .40...you can get a .40 3" or 4" holster. Personally, I prefer the extra inch on the bottom of the holster.

Anyway, comptac makes some nice holsters...IWB and OWB. I highly recommend the comptac CTAC holster...very nice and you can adjust it easily to the angle that works best for your body style.

CTAC:

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=61

The MTAC is also very nice...The inside is leather, the outside is kydex.

MTAC:

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

I've heard very good things about the MTAC ... if I didn't already have a CTAC for both my 3" and 4", I'd probably get one. good luck.

Both are IWB btw.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Thanks for the info! its much appreciated, I just picked her up last night. Bye bye cz hello springfield...I can't wait to shoot it.

ANy more info is always appreciated

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    There are tons of custom makers who make great holsters but the wait is sometimes long. If you want a good holster right away, do a search for Galco, as they make holsters for that weapon and have many distributors out there who can get you one mailed in a day or two, at most a week if they don't have one in stock.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

The major leather cutters have been very slow gearing up for the 3" and 5" guns but there are some options.

Galco's Miami Classic II (see avatar) is a good carry for the SubCompact and is available in black or tan for righties but just tan for lefties.

Otherwise, Galco's Silhouette is a good ride for a SubCompact as it rides high and tight and is quite comfortable. It is an open muzzle "slide" type holster but the muzzle of the 3" gun just barely protrudes.

The picture below really doesn't do it justice.

The SkyOps tuckable IWB for the 4" Service guns will work with the SubCompact but you will have a little bit of empty space near the muzzle.
    Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

i agree with nighthawl. i just got a Silhouette for my 3 in Kimber and has been the highest ride I have ever had for a holster.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

XD40 SC in CompTac MTAC

MTAC after I trimmed the bottom

Crossbreed, MTAC, or CTAC in that order.

If you decide on a MS VMII ask the guy that takes your order if they fixed the ejection port issue. When I got my VMII the threads that secure the reinforcing band hung up on the ejection port. The guy at MS says to use a match and "melt" the threads down, then use butter knife to smooth out.

Now after waiting 5 months for this thang I was a lil upset, I mean I'm sure I wasn't the first guy that ordered a VMII for 3" XD. Guys says that's a problem with the XD.

Ended up radiusing the port (myself) and now, all is well.

Sonovabtch! But I still bought 6 more
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Check out http://www.kdholsters.com/
    Kevin can fix you up in style.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Ok... Plugging Gary Brommeland here.

I got my MaxCon V IWB for my XD9sc about 3 weeks ago and I will say, from the moment it went on, It was the best holster I've ever worn.

I have been wearing constantly up to 18 hours at a time. I don't even know it's there.

I was worried about an IWB since I have a gut and with a 3 inch barrel gun, I was worried about it rolling over the top of the belt and having the gun grip stick out.

I will say that with the little wing at the bottom of the hoster, the gun is so snug against my side it Does Not Print at all. Forget about the top heavy guns "rolling over" the top of your belt with one of his holsters. It ain't gonna happen!

Ordered it through Coal Creek Armory which is the stocking dealer Gary is using since he quit taking orders himself.

Oh yeah, I got it in 5 days from order to door. And order was placed on labor day weekend.

5 days for a Brommeland! Needless to say, I'm a happy camper!

http://www.coalcreekarmory.com/
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Go check out FIST holsters. They are very well made and are an excellent value. I use a FIST #8 for my XD's (it is open bottom so that I can use my subcompact, service, and compact models). It holds very tight to the body and is very comfortable. I use it instead of my Mitch Rosen that cost much more. They also have good turnaround times, mine only took 3 weeks.
    Attached Images
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    E-mail sent

Links