Got my new UBG holsters!

This is a discussion on Got my new UBG holsters! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my holsters today, less than a month after placing the order, and they look great. I got a cordovan Canute with iguana trim ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my new UBG holsters!

Got my new UBG holsters!

I got my holsters today, less than a month after placing the order, and they look great. I got a cordovan Canute with iguana trim and matching mag carrier for my Commander, the same holster for my S&W 39, and a plain Canute for a Commander to give as a gift to a buddy. I left the plain Canute at the office, so I haven't got any pictures, and the Regulator I ordered wasn't ready due to a small mix-up. But I wanted to show the two fancy holsters and mag pouch I do have with me.

I was impressed with Nate's "can do" attitude because he didn't have a mold for the S&W 39 but he had one for a 3913, which is the compact version. He said that he could make the holster anyway if I gave him the barrel length and any other pertinent specs, and sure enough it turned out perfect.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it's noteworthy to me because when I first got this gun a few months ago I contacted Mitch Rosen about making a holster for it, since I had several of his holsters and liked his products. Unfortunately, Mitch said he didn't have a mold for that gun and that there would be an additional $300 (!) pattern fee to make it and that I'd have to send the gun to him,which of course would increase the expense even more. And all this was in addition to the normal cost of the holster! Needless to say, I passed on buying a holster from Rosen and I really appreciate Nate's help and willingness to go the extra mile.

Hats off to Nate at UBG, I'll definitely continue to give him my business!

Link to UBG Holsters added by QKShooter
    http://www.ubgholsters.com/index.html
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats, Nate's holster look better everytime someone posts new photos. I may have to get a holster for my S&W 439 after seeing yours for the 39. Enjoy.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Yep, those are cool. But what's the deal with the miss matched belt loop's?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Yep, those are cool. But what's the deal with the miss matched belt loop's?

Ti
    thinking the same thing??
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

Quote Originally Posted by rangerman2003 View Post
    thinking the same thing??
    One is iguana trim and the other is leather.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Moderator
    Great Looking holsters
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Yowza !!

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    One is iguana trim and the other is leather.
    Yes, but why?

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Those look great Smith, congrats! Nate knows his stuff .

I just got mine also. I am counting the days till my permit comes so I can try it out..

Yes, but why?

Ti
    I dunno, artistic license I guess. They look good to me anyway and I'm glad to have them. I'm eagerly looking forward to getting the new snap on Regulator, too.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Guess what looks good to me, doesn't always look good to others. I thought it'd be a real unique touch to the holsters.

Plus, if he doesn't like it, I can always send him another pair of whichever he likes better to fix both holsters.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    Guess what looks good to me, doesn't always look good to others. I thought it'd be a real unique touch to the holsters.

Plus, if he doesn't like it, I can always send him another pair of whichever he likes better to fix both holsters.
    Didn't say I didn't like it, just that it was different. If they were both smooth instead of having the print on the leather loop I'd say they would appeal to me better like that. For me I would like the exotic leather loop's on both, I think they make a holster look cool.

nonetheless, those are sweet holsters, I'm just boring I guess.

Ti

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post

I thought you may have gotten busy and soon someone would post a picture of theirs with the "other" set of mismatched loops. Man that holster looks nice and each one seems to look nicer IF that's possible.

Yes, but why?

Ti
    Two different materials take stain differently. Very hard to make them match IMHO.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links