Your favorite OWB holster and why? - Page 3

Your favorite OWB holster and why?

This is a discussion on Your favorite OWB holster and why? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My favorite OWB is my Matt Del Fatti. I prefer IWB but have been carrying my 4" N-Frame OWB while waiting for my Sparks Summer ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite OWB holster and why?

My favorite OWB is my Matt Del Fatti.

I prefer IWB but have been carrying my 4" N-Frame OWB while waiting for my Sparks Summer Special II and my Del Fatti IWB.

Biker

I have an El Paso Saddelry Double Agent that works pretty well and on order a custom Laredo Defender from K&D in x-draw that will become my primary holster (should it perfrom well).

VIP Member
    I use a Galco Concealable because of price, availability, it rides high and tight and is well made!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    My favorite OWB is my Matt Del Fatti.

I prefer IWB but have been carrying my 4" N-Frame OWB while waiting for my Sparks Summer Special II and my Del Fatti IWB.

Biker
    On the Del Fatti website he displays on the front page the date of the stuff he's working on. It shows him working on orders from November, 2005. Can that be right? How long is the wait for a Del Fatti? They do look good.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    On the Del Fatti website he displays on the front page the date of the stuff he's working on. It shows him working on orders from November, 2005. Can that be right? How long is the wait for a Del Fatti? They do look good.
    Yes, he is running about two years on holster orders. At least that's what I was told when I ordered mine. I don't speak for the company, so don't hold Mr. Del Fatti to what I say.

As far as his holster looking good, it feels even better. His holster and moon clip carrier are worth every penny spent.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    alessi cqc for custom, or Galco Concealable Try rfholsters on the holster links here. they have alessi.

VERY sparse selection. You might have better luck at:

http://www.lightningarms.com/alessileather.htm

The problem with all the top-tier boutique holster places is you never get product. The one man shops (as we now know) get over-run with orders and develop 1+ year waits. The only difference is which places tell you up front about the delay and which places shine you on with an unrealistic time estimate.

The benefit of Galco, Desantis, Hume et al is: you can have your holster in a week.

I like the places that hit a sweet spot between higher quality and reasonable wait time: Kramer, Sparks, FIST.

The OP's question: a close-fitting OWB. In my experience, kydex OWB does not hug the body very tightly. Any decent leather scabbard style OWB will pull the gun as tightly to the body as OWB can be held.

For large guns, I really like the Kramer horsehide scabbard, BUT for me personally, for whatever reason, it makes a very loud rubbing sound as I walk, so I had to sell mine. Holster fit is very subjective.

Again, thank you all for your replies. I've decided to go with Mitch Rosen's Premier holster. I decided that I wanted something with snaps just in case I have to disarm for what ever reason. Another factor was the wait time to receive the holster. Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tn_sig View Post
    Again, thank you all for your replies. I've decided to go with Mitch Rosen's Premier holster. I decided that I wanted something with snaps just in case I have to disarm for what ever reason. Another factor was the wait time to receive the holster. Thanks again everyone.
    Good decision! Now for the big question: Premier Express, Full Detail or lined Full Detail? Keep us posted on your progress; you're gonna be a happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by LTPhoon View Post
    Good decision! Now for the big question: Premier Express, Full Detail or lined Full Detail? Keep us posted on your progress; you're gonna be a happy camper!
    I opted for the Express. I contemplated the Full Detail but decided to give the Express a shot (no pun intended) and see if I like it...If I like it and it fits and feels well, I'll probably go ahead and buy the Full Detail version. Or I may consider buying a holster from another maker that has a 6+ month waiting period...so many decisions

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tn_sig View Post
    Good choice! Be sure to post some pics eh?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    My only concern with this holster is the snap flaps are opposite my nelson patriot. Never noticed or conidered there would be a difference, but I have noticed that a standard button down shirt when worn as a cover garment tends to hang-up on those flaps and PRINT badly. I was made by my wife at the grocery store.... 8 years carrying and first time she ever knew.... YRMV
    Great note...I am looking at this holster for myself. If I do get it, I will request the snap flap opposite of this.
    Thanks
    1*
    We race the reaper.

ReadyMe...
    I have been carrying this setup quite frequently now that it is cooling down and I can wear a cover garment. The defender does not pull in as tight as my Sparks setups, but still a nice setup. The holster still squeaks a bit, but is breaking in a bit now. I definately like the snap flaps rather than the thread through slots... For me, running in and out of daycare, church and offices... I can take on an off and stash easily in the under seat vault. The fit of the gun is excellent and KD does a nice job of getting them out on time. They look really nice too... TWO THUMBS UP...

You will like it, I am sure.... Kevin does a nice job. The guys at the range have all given it the thumbs up as well.
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

I am very impressed by UBG Bonneville and the K&D Eagle.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Nossar Pancake, extremely well made, thin, comfortable and just plain does everything a good holster should.

VIP Member

K&D...LD

K&D Laredo Defender...very comfortable!Great craftsmanship.
    Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links