Defensive Carry banner

Combo Mag/light pouch recommendations

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  DirtDawg 
#1 ·
Have been searching for sometime now and can't quite find something that "trips my trigger", so to speak.

Looking for something with a forward cant when carried on the belt and must be easy on/off, (clip or paddle).

Leather or kydex, makes no difference to me at this point.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, bigtime!!

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Could you post a pic, because I don't see anything on their website?

How does it attach to belt? How high/low does it ride? Is it lens down or up on the light?

Not quite 20 questions, but enough, ehh?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Caveat number one: these are belt slide pouches...but....

I have a leather mag/light pouch from HBE Leather. A really good equivalent is from Mitch Rosen, and I believe (but I could be wrong), the first of these combo pouches, the SOS. Dillon Precision sells them for $55:

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/co...SOS_DL_One_Magazine__One_Tactical_Light_Pouch

Our resident custom leathersmiths can certainly make excellent equivalent pouches as well.

#9 ·
Yeah, I had spied the Galco mentioned above, but I would like a forward cant to my spare mag.

Theory is if your going for a reload, you better be behind cover, which in turn means your crouched over making a straight up mag more difficult to grab.

I did a little more research today & emailed Rudy @ Blackhills Leather. I found a perfect item, but it had a cuff case instead of a light holster. He informed me he could change it to what I was looking for.

This may be just the ticket!

Thanks for all the responses so far and I'm still open for some other suggestions. I'm not sold yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.