New Mika IWB holster for me

This is a discussion on New Mika IWB holster for me within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi folks, I just received my latest masterpiece from Robert Mika (I think this is my fourth or fifth of his holsters), and I wanted ...

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA

Hi folks,

I just received my latest masterpiece from Robert Mika (I think this is my fourth or fifth of his holsters), and I wanted to share it with you: it's an IWB for my CZ RAMI.

You know that I like appendix carry - it keeps the gun up front where I can keep track of it, it's easy to wear and fast to draw (even when seated), and easy to sneak-draw. Because I generally wear such a holster over a t-shirt and under my main garment, I asked Mr. Mika to make me a holster that would incorporate a sweat shield (the material he uses will not allow liquids through the holster onto the gun). I also asked him to drop the holster for carry as low into the pants as possible.

You can see he did a great job (yes, I'm still a lefty - those photos were taken in a mirror, but show the fit of the gun and holster).

It's noteworthy how Mr. Mika cut out a separate area for the rear sight. The RAMI's large rear sight used to hang up on the cheap suede IWB I had been using, drawing the holster out of the pant with it as often as not - the gun fairly leaps into my hand now . . . and the holster stays put!

Note the detailed stitchwork, though - this gun is solidly seated in the rig and is not going anyplace until you want it to.

As alluded to above, the clip Mr. Mika uses is no-nonsense - the holster does not come out of the pant when the gun is drawn.

And all this for less than the cost of a pizza supper! Who says you can't afford American-made craftsmanship anymore? If you're looking for an IWB rig or a pocket rig, you would do well to check him out. (Mr. Mika is running a bit busy nowadays; I believe it took five weeks from order to delivery.)

(And this is an entirely uncompensated endorsement - I paid full price for this and my other holsters! )
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

Erich, congrats on the new holster.
    May you never have to draw the gun it holds in anger.

Biker

VIP Member
    Very nice holster Erich...

Thanks for sharing the pictures...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Looks nice!

Austin

Thanks, gents. Biker, amen to that, my friend.
    Shot-placement is king. Adequate penetration is queen. Everything else is angels dancing on the heads of pins.

Ron
    Erich,

Got my IWB from Bob Mika for my Walther P99c last week. It is great. Easy on off, as you said, holster stays tight to pants on the draw, and mine also sits low in my pants for good concealment. Could not be happier, particularly given the low cost for such quality workmanship.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I have 3 of his pocket holsters, and number 4 is on the way. Quality and price are outstanding.
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

Nice holster.... When you appendix carry, how do you keep it from poking you in the groin/thigh when you sit ?? mike

I like his pocket holsters, have 3 of them.

When you appendix carry, how do you keep it from poking you in the groin/thigh when you sit ??
    Short barrel. I've appendix-carried a 4506-1 before, but realistically the longest barrel that works for me is my 1076's 4.25" one.

Carried the holster on a vigorous hike with rock-climbing on the west face of the Sandias yesterday. Sweated all over it and moved a lot while wearing the RAMI appendix-carry. Worked like a charm. Not a drop of sweat on the gun, and it stayed right where it was supposed to be.

This clip. It's okay to leave outside the belt?

Wow, resurrecting a 9-yr-old thread! The clip is supposed tho ride under the belt; I could not say how well it would work OVER the belt, but I'd imagine it would work. Call Mr. Mika and ask, if he's still making holsters...

Links