Defensive Carry banner

J Frame IWB Recomendation

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  chr_edw 
#1 ·
I need some help finding a comfortable Iwb holster for my 442 for when I don't want to pocket carry. I would prefere leather, but would consider other options.

My main requirements are

- comfort
- very stable
- open top ( no thumb break )
- preferable available ( don't want to wait 6 to 12 weeks or more )

Thanks,
Chris

#5 ·
What ever you look for...Id highly recommend an offset loop IWB....

Its the design that takes the chosen method of belt attachment away from the bulk of the gun ie the cylinder. It will make a much more comfy and in most cases, a more stable carry platform.

Shoot well.....Eric

#14 ·
the clip draw belt clip is the way to go. i use one on my model 60. with the clip draw you can not see my gun under a t-shirt or any shirt with the shirt tail out. with the tail tucked all i have to do is to pull some small amount of shirt tail out to cover the butt. of all the holsters that i have used, the clip draw belt clip is the only way to go.

#15 ·
I have a nice Del Fatti clip on IWB but it doesn't fall into your 6-8 week wait...check out sideguard holsters...they make an off set clip IWB that could be just what you are looking for..mine doesn't have a re-inforced collar like the one pictured but I've heard this one can be had the same way if you want it even thinner...

#16 ·
Thanks for the recomendations so far everyone. I am still in the process of checking them out. So far I think I like the looks of the Galco Summer Special. I think I like the idea of straps instead of clips.

Does anyone have experience with the Don Hume IWB with 2 straps? It looks great for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.