IWB Pulling down my Pants!

This is a discussion on IWB Pulling down my Pants! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Andy, You're right, it's probably WBBS...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB Pulling down my Pants!

Andy,

You're right, it's probably WBBS

2. Remove Ads

Another vote for Perry Suspenders.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I'm a big guy - 5'11" and encroaching on 280lb - and I carry a full size XD40 IWB. I've found that pulling the belt as tight as you can with an empty holster, and then wedging the gun in to make it even tighter, is the only way to get a slip free fit. If you experience even a little comfort, it's gonna slip.

No, really... are you sure that behind the hip is the best place? That's what I thought, and originally planned on, but I've been wearing my IWB much closer to 9 o'clock than 7-8 o'clock (lefty) and I have been able to loosen my belt and breathe and still have it stay in place. It seems the more severe curve of your body around that point helps put pressure on the holster against your body. Also, are you wearing a tucked in t-shirt between the holster and your skin? That can help a lot, both in comfort, and keeping things in place. This is all with a 4" service gun with 13 rounds of .40 in it. You should have a much easier time keeping things in place with your PM9!

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Try regular fit jeans like Wrnaglers or levis...dress pants, dockers, and baggy style jeans tend to have less support a the waistband.

I know what you mean

I have the same problem. I find itís minimized if I wear my belt REALLY tight.
    Iím with Exsoldier, I could carry a lighter, smaller gun, but right now Iím carrying my Beretta 92FS in a C-TAC holster with my shirt tucked in
    I have had better luck using the old fashioned belly band. Theyíre not good looking, but they do work. Galco makes a great one.
    The belly band holds the gun n place and your trouser belt does not have to support the weight. The problem is that re-holstering runs a little tricky to downright difficult, especially if your shirt is tucked in. If you donít have to disarm to go into a posted establishment, then youíll be ok.

I do have WBBS too. Squats havenít helped me with that.

smart carry?

Wow - if the lowly little PM9 is pulling down the drawers you sure wouldn't fare well with a full size 1911.

It's possible that your body shape is not ideal for belt carry - you have a PM9 so you could easily pursue other options ... maybe smart carry ... I'm gonna guess that pocket carry would give you the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ecbaatz View Post
    Did you buy a good belt to go with it, not one of the rack at walmart, but a belt designed to carry a gun. That makes all the difference in the world.

I have used both a milt sparks belt and a wilderness instructor belt. I highly recommend both.

Good luck,

Eric
    I used to doubt the difference a good belt would make until I purchased one. I have a Rafters belt and one from Don Hume.
    A good belt will make a world of difference.

[QUOTE=Chooie;497198]I've found that pulling the belt as tight as you can with an empty holster, and then wedging the gun in to make it even tighter, is the only way to get a slip free fit. If you experience even a little comfort, it's gonna slip.

QUOTE]

How true this is....................
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

I have a Sparks VMII and Sparks belt. I have the same problem. I think it has a lot to do with the finish on the back side of the holster. Mine is horsehide and very slick. It slides very easily against any type of material. Been thinking about a thin layer of roughout leather glued to the back of it. Moleskin I hadn't thought about. May try it. Been thinking about ordering one with the roughside out on the skin side to see if that might help. I have an old generic leather IWB that is roughout, smooth side against the gun, and never really had any problems with it sliding around like some of the 'custom' holsters do. Unfortunately, it won't fit my current EDC.

Stiffer belt

I, too, have them handles. That said, my Wilderness 5 stitch is not stiff enough to overcome the inevitable sag brought on by my P229 in MS VMII.

With the Rafter and Hume I find much less of a problem, albeit at a sacrifice to comfort. Now I carry a P2SK in MTAC or Crossbreed. BIG difference. Way less sag, less holster "migration" and sitting is easier than w/P229.

My .02
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

You need a quailiy belt, and wear it a bit tighter. When I really tighten my belt, nothing slips...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can carry my full size all steel 1911 and nothing happens to my pants. Part of the problem might be where you wear them. I don't wear my pants on my hips like I did 5 years ago, but I don't wear them up around my belly button either. If a PM9 is getting blamed on your pants falling off, there's got to be more to the equation.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

where's your belt?

I know this makes me sound OLD, but pull up your pants! If your belt isn't cinched around the smallest diameter you can find around your waist, they're too bloody low. Take a look at these (yes, I know I still have no butt. Shaddap.) for an example. The first one is right, the second one I've let the belt sink down and rest on my hips instead of cinching it around my waist. Note how the XD and mag pouch tip outward a bit - it feels like the gun is weighing down my pants. If you wear 'em right, you don't even notice it's there.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links