IWB Pulling down my Pants!

This is a discussion on IWB Pulling down my Pants! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone else here have a problem with their pants sagging when walking with your IWB holster on? I purchased a Brommeland Max-Con V for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB Pulling down my Pants!

Does anyone else here have a problem with their pants sagging when walking with your IWB holster on? I purchased a Brommeland Max-Con V for my Kahr PM9 and I am very pleased with it. I wear it a my 8 o' clock, which is the most comfortable position and after walking around or going up or down steps, it seems to tug my pants down all the time, resulting in me always trying to put my pants up. I'm sure me being having some love handles doesn't help my case. I tried different belts and currently have a Wilderness 5-stitch which is really rigid and supports the weight of my rig no problem.

I love my Kahr and would carry religiously if not for this problem. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!

Any suggestions?

Belt

Did you buy a good belt to go with it, not one of the rack at walmart, but a belt designed to carry a gun. That makes all the difference in the world.

I have used both a milt sparks belt and a wilderness instructor belt. I highly recommend both.

Good luck,

Eric

Wilderness 5 stitch is a good belt...one of the better ones.

I have a Wilderness 5 Stitch. Great belt, very rigid

I have a Milt Sparks VM2 for my kimber warrior and had the same thing happen to me(yes I wear a GUN BELT).I solved the problem by putting a few strips of mole skin on the back side of the holster.

Siglover,

Do you mean the Dr. Scholl's kind of moleskin? Which part of the back did you stick it to? Any pics? :)

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Try some suspenders. Works great for some here.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Welcome to the real world of CCW. I have a Mitch Rosen belt, a Galco and a Wilderness belt. They all seem to slip in exactly the same manner. Especially when I carry the Big Sig P226 in my Crossbreed SuperTuckDeluxe. Doesn't matter what holster either. IWB Blade Tech or OWB Sam Andrews. I find myself constantly "hitchin' up muh pants."

In the novice folks who are new to ccw, it's pretty obvious that they're unused to carrying the extra load. Same is true for new cops. They're both always seeming to touch the new load and make small adjustments. Then there are the veterans used to ccw for decades. Like myself. Either I have to keep my belt soooooo tight it seems to cut me in half or I'm constantly hitchin' up muh pants! Fortunately the sheep are extremely un-observant.

I'll bet if I were to carry a lighter gun IWB like my Glock M27 (40) it would be less of a problem. But I just really REALLY like that Sig. As I get used to the Crossbreed, I find I'm having to "adjust" things less and less. But sure enough, sagging at the belt line is going to be a fact of life. Get used to it.

There are other dangers, too. Don't reach for the top magazine or book at the Barnes & Noble with the side where your gun resides. If your cover garment rides up enough you could have an embarrassing moment after you explain that No....you're NOT a cop. Then there is the oft told story of the Yaqui slide holster catching the arm of a convienent chair and hitting the floor at a MOST inopportune moment. No wives tale this....I've done it at an extremely embarrassing venue. I Still shudder to think of the moment. It's why I tossed my old Yaqui slide and shall never again own another.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    You know, your wife might actually like that part about you carrying...

Honestly, I used to have the same problems when I had a sizable love handles as well. I actually quit IWB carrying for a couple of years and then after losing 60 lbs I found that it wasn't a problem anymore.

That being said, if getting rid of the love handles is not an option, then consider other suggestions like the suspenders or maybe a different belt.

You may also want to try a different style of jeans. I have found that that makes a difference for me even today. Levis carpenter jeans work great for me for IWB carry. And the side leg pocket is a great place to stash a spare mag too.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I got a belt from a local shop made of saddle leather fitted under $20 out the door. Works Great. before that I went thru 2 wallmart belts in 4 months.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I'm surprised you're having a problem with such a light gun. I would guess that your extra love handles are causing the problem & you're either going to have to tighten belt TIGHT or keep hitching up your pants.

Personally, I only had the problem with heavier guns. In the beginning of my LE career I carried a Sig 226, but have since carried lighter & lighter guns.

I also carry in the appendix position, which might actually help you. However, you can't use a Max-Con V for that.

Another solution (& this might be more realistic, at least until you lose your love handles, if that's your desire), is to carry OWB. I used to have a K&D holsters mini-belt Defender. Mine had a thumb strap, but I believe you can get it w/o. At any rate, it'll carry you PM9 at your belt & above. There's maybe a 1/2" of holster below your belt & is easily covered by an untucked shirt &/or cover garment. It's a good & easy option. The mini Defender has another slot for carrying the gun in a forward tilt, too.

Anyways, isn't it fun CC all the time?
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

I second the suggestion of Perry Suspenders. While I don't need them daily, when I shoot IDPA I wear them because of the extra mag weight that seems to tug the drawers downward.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

It sounds like you are suffering from WBBS (white boy butt syndrome).
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

I'm with Andy W -

Do some squats and lunges, grow a butt. Its cheaper than buying suspenders, and your pants will probably still fit.

Austin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links