Bulman Leather

This is a discussion on Bulman Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered several holsters from Bulman earlier in the year. Forgot about the order. Five months later I found my credit card charged by Bulman ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulman Leather

I ordered several holsters from Bulman earlier in the year. Forgot about the order. Five months later I found my credit card charged by Bulman Gunleather for the holsters.

He didn't charge my card until the holsters were ready to ship.

He might be slow but the holsters were worth the wait and they were a decent price!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk! --Tuco

2. Remove Ads

For me, it's gotten to the point that if they don't have it in stock or can't direct me to one of their dealers that have it in stock, I go elsewhere.
    For me, a holster is NOT a work of art. It's part of a set of tools. [B]I [/B]will not wait 9-12 months and be lied to , for a tool.....
    IF I considered a holster an piece of art , then I guess, any length of wait is worth it....
    Just my opinion.... mike

My order from Bulman arrived today. 10 months to wait but it is a very nice fitting holster. i guess i was the squeaky wheel but shouldn't have had to be.

Well I would love to promote UBG he has always been on time and always always answers my phone calls and emails. For that I only order holsters Through him. I would say find a nice holster maker and stick with him.

THANKS NATE!!!!!!
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    My order from Bulman arrived today. 10 months to wait but it is a very nice fitting holster. i guess i was the squeaky wheel but shouldn't have had to be.

Same here -- my January order arrived today! Looks great, but have yet to try it out.

Remind me to start being a nuisance here in a few months, to hasten childbirth on my Bulman shoulder holster, which I ordered only a few months ago, and have been craving ever since....
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i just found out from paypal because i did not file the resolution request within 45 days they will not help recover funds. this is a lesson to never use paypal for something not to be delivered before 45 days ie holsters with a 6 month wait time.
    Lesson here is don't use Paypal but if you have to use it, use your credit card with it not the bank account associated with Paypal. If you used your credit card, you can dispute the charge with your bank. Paypal sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    Maybe the solution is that a 50% deposit be put down by the buyer with full payment due when holster is completed and ready to be shipped. This gives the leather craftsman some funds to keep supplies and the incentive to complete orders.

I've made two purchases from Black Hills Leather and am pleased with the service I've received.

K&D Holsters does not hit your credit card until he starts making your holster. Unless you order online before talking to him, than his Paypal system will not allow him the option of delaying payment receipt. He is having his website reworked so online order payment will also be delayed until he starts on your holster. I definitely think http://K&D Holsters should be on the short list of top quality true custom holsters with premier customer service at bargain price. Kevin's customer service before during and after the sale is nothing short of perfectly excellent. Fact that is one of the reasons I bought from him plus the reviews that said a K&D Holsters are better than a Del Fatti at half the price.
    Last edited by LongRider; October 29th, 2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: corrected URL
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Yes, I too learned the hard way about Paypal and their 45 day time limit for resolving problems. I got screwed over by a custom maker who took my money via Paypal and I never heard from him again. Now UNLESS I can truly trust the party I'm dealing with, it is a credit card ONLY transaction, where I'll have recourse if months and months go by with no product and no communication. And Jarhead is correct, their are folks who do deliver and respond. He is one of them and makes a very fine products at UBG, I own several and when the need arises, will buy more. K&D is also one who replies and keeps his word. Mika does likewise and Comp Tac has the BEST customer service I've ever come across.

If you are uneasy about the way your selected maker does business right from the start, then I'd cancel the order and look elsewhere. There are plenty of good leather crafters out there.

Sponsor
    +100 on K&D!

+Excellent product.
    +Top notch communication.
    +Not charged until work started.
    -Long wait.
    Three out of four is pretty damn good!

Way to go Kevin!

I did order my K&D purchase over the phone.

I speak from the view point of a custom manufacturer.
    I don't know how the custom leather guys do it! I work with Kydex, which does not require the touch of an artist as leather does. A custom fit Kydex holster requires 2 -3 hours time to complete. A custom leather holster has to require 10 times that.

My hat is off to anyone who puts their Heart and Soul into a product the way Kevin Manley (K&D)does his. There are more like him, I'm sure but he is the only one I have dealt with and he has earned my loyalty and return business.

http://www.kdholsters.com/
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    For me, a holster is NOT a work of art. It's part of a set of tools. [B]I [/B]will not wait 9-12 months and be lied to , for a tool.....
    IF I considered a holster an piece of art , then I guess, any length of wait is worth it....
    Just my opinion.... mike
    I think the art is in how well form follows function. Cars, motorcycles and guns are "just" tools too. There are some that are stunningly elegant functional peices of art, others are garish gaudy show pieces that forgot they were actually supposed to perform. That said I will wait for quality custom within limits a year for a car gun or motorcycle is acceptable for a holster that is about four times to long IMO. But than I dont have a $4,000 custom handgun either
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

To give kudos to companies that have delivered, I have prepaid on holster orders from: 1) Fist; 2) High Noon Holsters; and 3) El Paso Saddlery; and got what I ordered when they said I would get it. All three of these companies make high quality products.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I am surprised that it took 4 pages for someone to recommend Kevin at K&D. When you call to place an order or ask questions, Kevin answers the phone and is always willing to take as much time as necessary to answer your questions.

I knew that there was a 14-16 week wait at the time I placed the order, but I am perfectly willing to wait (12-14 weeks to go) for a handmade custom holster at a very reasonable price.

There is a very long thread over at xdtalk.com concerning the Dakota Defender, and Kevin is very active in the thread answering questions, responding to complaints, etc.

Customer service like that is a rarity, and I have no problem paying a few dollars more for a quality product and service.

I can say when i talked to Gary Brommeland his service and communication was top notch for me. My Maxcon & mag pouch came as stated and I am very pleased.
    Just one mans experience from one maker, but for me he was an excellent service provider.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

It's an interesting thing about business. I've heard time and again how one must be prepared for failure AND ALSO success. I can imagine these talented leather crafters starting up a little business and doing great at first. Then comes the word of mouth and possibly some successful advertising and the orders come flooding in. I can say, it can seem pretty daunting. Plus, the rise in popularity of CCW permits, and it's the perfect storm.
    I don't pretend to know everything about "leather works", but I do know a little bit about business and a lot of the time, this seems to be the case.
    Just an observation and my 2¢.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar

parallel situation with a knife maker

I know a custom knife maker who had to stop taking orders, because demand exceeded his ability to have any hope of reducing the backlog. E-mails were arriving in such numbers that it would take hours to reach and answer each new day's deluge. He would honor his price at the time the order was placed, only to see a newly delivered knife offered on Ebay for a huge mark-up. So, he stopped accepting orders, rather than let things spiral further out of control. Yes, it caused much consternation, and some would not take no for an answer. He would be a a knife show, and people would try to stuff checks in his pocket. Just a few cents' worth from the other side of things, and this particular maker is not the only one who has become more secretive over time, and stopped taking orders.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links