deep concealment for the females

This is a discussion on deep concealment for the females within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back in the day it was hard to beat galco's offerings for an over the counter rig . Nowdays i dont know so much about ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: deep concealment for the females

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Back in the day it was hard to beat galco's offerings for an over the counter rig . Nowdays i dont know so much about them , i only have one its a cheap nylon that only has to support a kahr pm9 once in a blue moon and only on occasions where i wont be walking a lot at that .

Edited to add :

I dont know if any of our resident leathersmiths offer an ankle rig , but if so that would be most likely the best you can get for comfort and function .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

You might want to try the smartcarry out anyway. IIRC they have a 60 day guarantee. If you don't like it, just send it back for a refund.
    http://www.smartcarry.com/trial.htm. I like mine, and if you wear pleated slacks they are hard to see. Besides that, you won't have any other equipment to get in the way or pinched.

Try before you buy!

Personally I hate ankle holsters.

deep concealment for the females

While I'm not female, definitely not anywhere near 115lbs., and completely understand you desire to stick to a 1911, I'll tell you what works for me. That is a Glock 27 in a Galco Ultra Deep Concealment holster or a Minataur holster. I call this my "Sunday go to meetin' gun" because no one can tell it is there. I don't want to scare anybody.

With a UDC I can conceal the gun under a t-shirt. The Minataur is new but seems to be working fine in this respect. Both holsters are "tuckable". With the UDC, only about half the grip rides above the belt. The Minataur is adjustable for heighth above the belt and can also be adjusted for cant.

Galco instructions show the UDC being work at 2 o'clock so that you can un-tuck it quickly with the off hand. That is also where I wear the Minataur.

With the UDC the rear of the slide tends to pinch me a bit but this can be resolved by wearing a t-shirt between me and the gun or placing a handkerchief in that spot. The Minataur has leather between the gun and the skin, preventing this problem. I believe that they make this holster for 1911s.

Good luck in your search.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    OK, I just realized that nobody had mentioned the use of 5.11 Tactical pants (or some other equivalent).

They make Jeans with a hidden holster . . . for men, but keep a future eye out in case they decide to expand that line for women.
    http://511tactical.com/index.asp?dlr...W&number=74002

Women's Tactical Pant - Cotton Pants (typically the pockets should be able to hold a holster/gun):
    http://511tactical.com/index.asp?dlr...W&number=64355

The holster pouch may work in some of the pockets.
    http://511tactical.com/index.asp?dlr...W&number=59002

These pants are frequently on sale at 5.11 or elsewhere (http://www.lapolicegear.com/, ombexpress.com, etc.) for better prices.
    NRA Instructor

While I don't like ankle holsters, among the best available are from Lou Alessi and Ken Null. A smaller gun may be in order.

I have tried many ankle holsters to no avail. This is just my opinion, but if you are on your hands/knees, bending, reaching, etc - I would think an ankle holster would be made very quickly. I agree you have limited options in this scenerio. Smaller gun w/IWB such as Crossbreed or MTAC would be much better in regards to concealment in this situation. It would be better than the ankle carry. I use a Glock 27 in the Crossbreed & a Kel-Tec PF9 for my MTAC when carrying IWB. If you knew ahead of time what your daily duties would entail, you could dress accordingly - but some of us never have that kind of insight. Best of luck.

+1 on a pocket holster/ kt/kahr combo.
    I pocket carry my pm9 on the farm and I up down and on the ground and it stays put in my jeans. When I'm doing pc work I wear khakis, no one has noticed even when I'm crawling under desks and around things in homes or offices. The only PIMA is storing it while I take my son to his classroom. I'm beginning to think the safest place for a gunman is in the classroom, but that is a rant for another day.

I strongly recommend that you read and enjoy www.corneredcat.com . I'm sure your issues will be satisfactorily answered there.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

pocket carry = no
    as i have said. i dont carry a purse. my pockets are full.
    not to mention, even if they were not: gals pockets are TINY compared to guys. i would have a hard time putting the smallest gun in there.

and i have enjoyed corneredcat.com many many times

You may have to make some wardrobe changes and gun changes. I find CC a give and take proposition. I buy my pants at least a waist size larger to accommodate the gun. While I would like to carry my 1911 A1 instead I carry a Kahr P9 as it is about the best carry gun I can find in 9mm. You need small and compact. I carry in a Tucker Gunleather Tuckable holster so I can tuck my shirt in over the gun. I make sure the shirt is not tight but pulled out at the waist enough to cover the bulge. That and the cell phone right by it hides the bulge very well. I often wear a sweater so I can pull it down over the bulge. Things like this all help. Oh, you can try a belly band type holster too.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    pocket carry = no
    not to mention, even if they were not: gals pockets are TINY compared to guys. i would have a hard time putting the smallest gun in there.
    Take a look at the 5.11 pants before answering "no" to pocket carry. They have a few additional large exterior pockets where you might be able to carry a concealed/holstered handgun. Since those pockets blouse out, skin-tight pants would still allow you two pockets that could be used. Since they are designed for LE and I think (not certain) that they even include Velcro on the inside to match up with a holster.
    NRA Instructor

Ankle or iwb at 6 o'clock, those are the choices. Also, a smaller weapon is mandatory.

Here is a way that has worked well for several ladies I know, that might work well for you new work dress. One is the BDU or Cargo type pants, everyone has shorts for ladies too.. The big cargo pockets due very well and I do not believe that it would be unusual for someone in your line of work to have on. I also use this for a backup gun when I am on duty. I carry a small 9 in a standard pocket holster by Uncle Mike that is carried inside a leather holster about 6 1/2 inches square, about 1/2 narrower than the pocket. I had a friend make mine but others have had it done at any leather shop for about $25. This combo keeps everything smooth and in place no matter what I do. Do not carry anything else in that pocket and it will work great.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    pocket carry = no

and i have enjoyed corneredcat.com many many times
    Get the pockets enlarged.

MTU graduate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links