deep concealment for the females

This is a discussion on deep concealment for the females within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now my wife has started DC due to some family issues that are a real concern . As to method she is wearing an ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: deep concealment for the females

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Right now my wife has started DC due to some family issues that are a real concern . As to method she is wearing an ankle holster under jeans stoked with my kahr pm9 . She owns an original Detonics .45 and a HP browning , but neither lend themselves to her needs today so she borrows . I do fear i have lost another gun tho in the long run lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Since you don't carry a purse, you might consider a small fanny pack.

Wouldn't think twice to see a woman not carrying a purse and wearing a fanny pack of some sort. Complete concealment, on-body, can be sized for just about any firearm, if it's well designed then draw time shouldn't be too bad... seems like a good solution to me.

If I wasn't convinced that people would look at this old graybearded fatman funny, I'd consider it myself :)

Best of luck finding something that works well for you.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
    Get the pockets enlarged.

MTU graduate?
    not a bad idea.. and will be yep

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Extremely good brand of fanny pack

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    Since you don't carry a purse, you might consider a small fanny pack....
    I just bought The Original Tommy's Gun Pack for my wife, and she finds it very comfortable.

http://www.womenandguns.com/wfn/fannypacks.html provides a review of the issues in general, and this pack in particular; we bought ours from these folks: http://www.tommysgunpack.com/Product...?ProductCode=1

If you go with a fanny pack, consider this one, as the workmanship is superb. If you need more photos, I could send you some.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool Deep Cover

This might fit the bill, of course I don't know what type of apparel you will be wearing at work.
    I sure do like the looks of that holster though.

http://www.grdriscoll.com/Merchant2/...gory_Code=SRDH

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

i wont be wearing any kinda of skirt or dress to work for sure so thigh holster is out.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I can only suggest a Kel Tec P3AT pocket carried in "looser" pants. In order to carry, we almost always have to compromise either on selection of cloths or the gun. Unless you can wear untucked with a heavy and loose cover garment, then IWB won't cut it for most work environments because you'll end up printing when bending or reaching or something. Heavy work cloths make it possible, especially for larger folks but if you're thin and in shape then it's really hard to conceal IWB with cloths that are the norm for alot of us. Ankle carry is tricky and the smaller you are the more difficult it is. It also takes full cut legs on the pants with extra length or you have to be careful when sitting. So you're back at pocket carry which limits your choices. A small J frame can be uncomfortable because of the cylinder bulge. Again, the bigger bulkier folks will have an easier go of it compared to trim/slender folks. If you go the P3AT route, I'd recommend FMJ and a nemisis pocket holster. Some of the nicer pocket holsters out there sure look good but you can see the outline of the gun whereas the new nemisis holster has a perfect square shape that really does look like you have a wallet in your pocket.

If you wear tight jeans it won't look good or be comfortable. I really don't think you will find anything as light, thin, comfortable, and as easy to carry as the P3AT. At least its .380. With the mag extensions you can carry 15 rounds which is more than respectable. The P3AT can be a little finicky out of the gate but the 2nd generation models are really pretty reliable compared to how they used to be. It's a realatively inexpensive set up and just outstanding for very discreet carry. You could also consider one of the stretchy undershirts that carry a pistol under your arm. With the P3AT you might be comfortable enough.

Forget larger 1911's, revo's etc. You'll hear a lot of folks chime in with how they carry a full size 1911 IWB everyday at work and are never made but I just don't buy it unless your tall, big, and have thick clothes. For a lady in good shape (the dips between the hips and abs are a agive away ) you'll need to go with something much thinner, smaller, and lighter weight.

The only other option I can think of that you might be able to work with if you can go IWB with an untucked shirt would be a Kahr PM9. I think they're a tad big for true pocket carry but would be very small and very THIN for IWB. Their size would make it easier for you to find the sweet spot although finding just the right holster might not be easy.

Anyway, be safe and God Bless!
    Gideon

Sponsor
    I see several people have mentioned the Keltec P3AT or P32. Both are reliable (personal expierence) and extremley concealable. Neither are the most comfortable to fire or very acurate past 30'. Although both are suprisingly easy to "point and shoot" at close range. And, let's not forget, .32 or .380... not the favorite SD cal. (any gun IS better than no gun).
    Consider the Keltec PF9. I do not have any experience with this newer addition to Keltec's line, but must believe that the quality will match their other offerings. (No I am not employed or compenstaed by Keltec)
    It is 9mm single stack Semi auto pistol, 7+1 capacity, locked breech with adjustable(windage) 3-dot sights. An extremely thin design that would carry very comfortably in the appendix area in a thinwalled kydex tuckable rig.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Kinda sounds like you'll be in a factory environment. You could try a shoulder holster on top of a snug undershirt with a top shirt over. With either a small .45 or 9mm. Kahr, Para Ord, Kimber, and others make some small .45s. For a small 9 I'd go with a Sig 239, HK P2000sk, or a S&W 3913 I'm sure there are others.. But Rorbaugh makes the smallest 9mm of all that I know of. That could fit in the top of an engineer-type boot.

not a bad idea. ill have to see what kind of clothing requirement i have

Friesepferd, I used to be a machinist and spent a lot of time climbing in/out, under and around machines. I don't carry a purse either. I have had good luck with wearing men's jeans or cargo pants. I didn't have a CCW then but I carried everything else.

Men's pants are, generally, made sturdier and they have deep pockets. Because men's pants are shaped different than women's pants, they give you more room, at the waist, for an IWB holster and mag pouches while still fitting fairly well in the seat.

true.
    i used to always wear guy pants. i might just go back to them

If you can wear men's jeans comfortably I highly recommend the 5.11 jeans. I ordered a pair from Forum member Rolex Dr. a few months back and have been really pleased with them.

I posted a review with pics of the concealment pockets here, hope it gives you another option to consider: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ght=5.11+jeans

BTW, I spent a few years in a machine shop myself. Did every job from CIP and Alpha Press Operator to Head of Engineering - got the spinal damage and surgical scars to prove it. Trust me, in your search for future employment avoid Penn United at all costs ... ask me how I know.
    Jack

My advice--friesepferd,
    You sound like you might be around my age range(never ask a woman her age) so you get the opportunity to hear my opinion. I have both a smartcarry and a desantis ankle holster that I carry my xd sc in 9 in. I have a friend who carries a full size 1911 in a smartcarry wearing his super tight cowboy jeans, and there is zero bulge. Its really impressive how comfortable these are. I would give it a try. My ankle holster is great if you wear a flaired or wide leg bottom pant. I can run with mine on and it is super comfortable as well. They make the shirt holsters which I've never tried but may work, although I'd be curious to see how you get the gun out of one of those easily? Anyways, there are some great IWB holsters that are tuckable and would just require you going one size large in your shirts. The nice part about a tuckable is you know when your shirt rides up. Although maybe not, as I've seen many females with thongs sticking out who seemed completely unaware....dunno. Anyways, I'd say try the smart carry, and you'll probably be surprised especially with the narrow profile of your compact 1911.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Do a search on Youtube for videos by Passive101. He has a video of his g/f Nicole sporting a Glock I think in a Smartcarry. Can't even tell she is wearing it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links