deep concealment for the females

This is a discussion on deep concealment for the females within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My lovely wife is confronted with your limited carry options due to professional attire. What she prefers when wearing a jacket is IWB right hip ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: deep concealment for the females

ckd
    My lovely wife is confronted with your limited carry options due to professional attire. What she prefers when wearing a jacket is IWB right hip in a DeSantis pocket holster (less than ideal), though we'll see if she can use a Bahami (?sp) grip. During the winter, she prefers a belly band and carries a S&W 442; tried a Kahr PM9 which is slightly flatter, but poked her in wrong places no matter how she adjusted it. She wears looser fitting tops than bottoms, so its eaiser to hide. Off person is out. She does wear a neck knife at all times, either a CRKT or Cold Steel.

I've bought her thigh holster for summer, routine IWB, and ankle holsters, none of which she liked. Ankle because of the weight, delayed access, and occassional pant cuff lifting, made that the least acceptable.

Like us guys, so much depends on what clothing you're wearing and what guns you have available; I have three different guns (P3aT, PM9, 340 M&P) that I pocket carry depending on clothing and environment.

Though I think a 380 is just below normal threshold of a proper defensive caliber, any gun is better than none, so perhaps a little KelTec P3aT (very small, light and reliable) in either clip or pocket carry would be possible. Sometimes size of the gun, not the caliber of it, are the primary reasons for selection.

We wish you luck solving this problem.

Wish you the best.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    If you can wear men's jeans comfortably I highly recommend the 5.11 jeans. I ordered a pair from Forum member Rolex Dr. a few months back and have been really pleased with them.

I posted a review with pics of the concealment pockets here, hope it gives you another option to consider: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ght=5.11+jeans

BTW, I spent a few years in a machine shop myself. Did every job from CIP and Alpha Press Operator to Head of Engineering - got the spinal damage and surgical scars to prove it. Trust me, in your search for future employment avoid Penn United at all costs ... ask me how I know.
    Jack

I want to say first that I love 5.11 products. The khakis are great, the original cotton pants are the best out there, but I would say stay away from the blue jeans. The way they are cut they fit very tight, I couldn't carry in a pocket withhout it printing horribly. I also had a hard time carrying inside the waistband, and I ordered the pants two sizes to big. Not sure what 5.11 was thinking with this product.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

The jeans do fit like the old 505 style Levi's but where Levi's has chosen to use progressively thinner denim over the years, 5.11 is using the thick, longer lasting material that Levi's USE to use when they were still an American company. I use to get three or four years wear out of Levi's, now I'm lucky if they last six months.

Yes, the front pockets are probably too snug for easy pocket carry but the internal appendix pocket works well for me. I bought them specifically for deep concealment use: If we go out to dinner I can tuck my shirt in and still carry a small gun without taking up pocket space or resorting to ankle carry. Tuckable holsters don't work for me and I really want my strong side pocket for keys and other stuff.

The regular fit concealment jeans won't work for everyone but they give me another carry option that fits my lifestyle and carry needs.
    Jack

i think i am convinced.
    im going to give smartcarry with some guys (and girls) pants a try.
    that is.. once i have any money to get one

oh, and s3ymour, i am 21.
    not old enough to lie about my age yet. :)

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar
    there you go, have fun: www.abetterholster.com

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    oh, and s3ymour, i am 21.
    not old enough to lie about my age yet. :)
    LOL, I'll be 23 tomorrow. My wife will be looking at the same decisions as you as she'll be getting her ccw next year, after we have our first baby. I love my smartcarry, and don't think you will be dissappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel in San Antonio View Post
    there you go, have fun: www.abetterholster.com
    i have looked at the holster shirt option and at least with my current gun, i cant pull that one off. just holding my gun there i can tell it just wont work for me.
    i think ill stick with trying to smartcarry first.
    maybe ill ask my mom for it for xmas.
    and if u havnt seen the post of how my mom reacted to my gun in the first place () that probably wouldnt go over all that well.

Hi friesepferd,
    I'm a 26 y.o. woman and have the same problem- needing deep concealment, in a very active job. What works for me when I'm outdoors and wearing jeans, etc. is an ankle holster (mine is galco, worn weak side inside ankle). When I am indoors in nice work clothes, I am currently having alot of success with a KelTec .380 in a bellyband, but worn high and off-center (butt is essentially underneath the left boob, in the flat ribcage area above the stomach- that nice gap where material doesn't touch your body). For the female anatomy, this hides the gun COMPLETELY, even under fitted (but not skin-tight) t-shirts!

do you ride horses? (friesians?) If I don't go for the KT PF-9 soon, I'm thinking a 1911 style (maybe EMP?) may be my next purchase, for the safety factor, working around and riding horses :)

eta:
    eta: I have tried the smartcarry holster for a variety of different pistols. It doen't work for a woman. It makes me look like I have man-parts, even with the pocket pistols like keltecs and kahr. Tried it with jeans as well as khakis, and couldn't leave the house looking like that!
    Last edited by tellico; November 8th, 2007 at 08:36 AM. Reason: to add

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links