deep concealment for the females

This is a discussion on deep concealment for the females within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; right now i am in college so carrying all the time simply isnt an option. it would be one thing if someone finding out would ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: deep concealment for the females

deep concealment for the females

right now i am in college so carrying all the time simply isnt an option.
    it would be one thing if someone finding out would simply get my expelled (not saying that i would carry if that were the case. wont get into that now), but here in MI its against the law to carry in campus classrooms. So most of my life is spent with my pistol being left at home (unless im at the range- which is on campus awesomely enough)
    anyways...
    I was recently reading a post about someone who was not suppose to carry at work, and a coworker found out, but he didnt get fired. Most of you suggested that he simply start doing some more 'deep' concealment. such as the smartcarry. especially since the job isnt a career.
    So my question is simple. when I get a permanent job next fall, I hope I am allowed to carry at work, but I cant choose my job based on that. If it is not against company policy (or i choose to carry anyways) I dont want to be running around with my IWB. It works great for every day stuff and I love it, but for work.. it wont work.
    Depending on the job I get, it is very possible that part of the day I will be out on a plant floor running around, moving things, etc.
    I need some deep concealment.
    Now here is the problem. I dont think smarcarry is an option. I have never actually tried one, but im 90% sure from what I hear from others that it just wont work for a girl. Not only will ppl NOT ignore the bulge in your pants, but girls pants are tighter. simple as that.

what other deep concealment options are there?
    (i realize that i will probably have to be getting an even smaller gun for this, but i think i can deal with that, as much as I love mine and would rather stay with it)

2. Remove Ads

I guess that some of the considerations are: What type of company - large or small mom and pop operations, what is your body type (here's the obligatory request for pictures), what type of clothing will you wear, etc. Larger than mom and pop operations will probably have a no guns policy. Even if it doesn't you'd better still think "deep concealment". Professional level ladies usually don't wear very tight slacks or skirts. Pleated slacks and skirts should hide weapons very well. Smart carry may still be an option. You still should check it out. Probably your best option will be a small Kahr or KT in a pocket holster. Look at Sam Andrews' Leather for this one. The outer contour of the holster will hide a small gun very well.

For years - in "NPEs" (non permissive environments) I didn't carry and survived. Later, also in "NPE"s I carried and also survived. I felt a whole better carrying because I wasn't relying on statistics and I had "options". Good luck in your decisions and selections.

well seeing as i dont have a job yet, i dont know.
    i will be a materials / metallurgical engineer somewhere. medium or large co. wont be too small b/c of the field. still very possible that they dont have a no guns policy if its a mid size co. anyways. as far as clothing goes. again i dont know yet. the place I worked over the summer was jeans and a polo or even tshirt. mainly b/c we had to get dirty now and then.
    i dont care where i work.. im not wearing a skirt.
    having said that. as far as pants go- most likely jeans or khakis.
    possibly dress pants but not likely.
    like i said. i would LIKE to be able to carry my mini 1911 but will be open to other options in the feature. but this discussion im gearing more towards holsters / carrying options
    (note: off body carry = NOT an option for me)
    as far as my body type: 5'9" 115lb.
    as far as around the waist goes:
    small dips in front btwn hips and abs. (right now- where my knife is)
    i currently carry at 3oclock where i have a flat spot (since hip bones sticking out are at like 2:30.
    back curves in toward middle which makes it hard for me to carry at 4oclock. just doesnt sit flat.
    as i said. i dont have a smart carry sitting around for me to try. it may work? but from what i can tell from just sticking my gun down my pants (wow that sounds weird) i dont think it will work with this one at least.

note: i have also tried belly bands- defiantly doesnt work on girls. didnt try it around the waist tho as i have heard some ppl do.

i cant think of any other options realistically...

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Well I've stated previously how I carry, on a daily basis, and just like today, was in slacks and dress shirt and noone spoted all the "stuff" I had concealed under my shirt. Am currently working on an article for a magazine specifically concerning this, so its easy to do.

However that said, carrying a weapon where its prohibited isnt just a violation of company policy, its also a criminal violation in most jurisdictions and will result in at a minimum a loss of your license.

Though I'm fortunate to be able to carry anywhere in the US, Its something you really need to think about before you violate it.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    You should check out a previous thread that had some pics of Lima concealing her 1911. It disappeared in her IWB holster. I could not find the thread after a quick search but maybe someone can direct you to the appropriate thread.

Don't give up on IWB just yet.

With your body type as described I would consider one of those shirts /w holster. I don't see a belly band or chest band working on you. I think the shirt will be you best option considering your poss working conditions. As far as breaking the law - in our area and the surrounding states it's only a problem if you do not remove yourself/firarm from the premises when requested AND the building is properly posted or you have read the company policy. You may get terminated, but in my area you would not lose your permit.

Administrator
    Well, you could always go with one of the smaller mouse guns in a pants pocket or the Kel-Tec P3AT is so light that you could put it into a high quality Ankle Holster and nobody would ever know that it was there.
    Warning though that you'll need to shop around for a great ankle holster because some of them are terrible in design.
    While the "little guns" (of course) are not ideal - for obvious reasons - they DO give you the ability to send some potentially deadly projectiles "out there" to "reach out and touch someone" and that is always a good thing.
    I sure would rather have a mouse gun than no gun.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

in michigan, as was explained to me, carrying in a place you are not suppose to and if its not one of the 'gun free zones' then the following applies:
    if you are aware of the policy (aka u work there, there is a sign, etc)
    then you are legally classified as a trespasser.
    now the problem with that is you are not longer protected by the 'stand your ground rule'
    so it comes down to this:
    if someone finds out but not because you used your firearm- your probably fired. end of story.
    if you have to use it- you may be screwed by the court. but if you have to use it.. well then you probably dont regret it

anyways. like i said i dont want this to be a thread about carring in an "NPE" as obiwan said. Im not planning on it. we will assume that for my future job I am allowed to carry, I simply dont want anyone to know.

back to the IWB. I have not given up on it. as I said, i use it all the time and works great no problem. But if I can carry at work It needs to be concealed even better. I need to be able to bend over, get on my hands and knees, crawl into a small space, bump into people, etc. without having to worry about my butt sticking out!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, you could always go with one of the smaller mouse guns in a pants pocket or the Kel-Tec P3AT is so light that you could put it into a high quality Ankle Holster and nobody would ever know that it was there.
    Warning though that you'll need to shop around for a great ankle holster because some of them are terrible in design.
    While the "little guns" (of course) are not ideal - for obvious reasons - they DO give you the ability to send some potentially deadly projectiles "out there" to "reach out and touch someone" and that is always a good thing.
    I sure would rather have a mouse gun than no gun.
    Great advice.

I know what it's like to work in an "anti" gun environment and have to be very concerned about my carry.

I usually carried my Colt Mustang (a .380) in an IWB holster at 4 o'clock. Because the gun and holster combo are so small it really was super light and concealable in all manner of attire from suits to light shirts and slacks. I really didn't have to go to anything like ankle carry or smart carry, I was just picky on the types of clothes that I wore and I was still very professional and comfortable.

And yes, a good majority of the time I could still carry and conceal my 1911. Especially since my office job did not require much bending, lifting or reaching. I sat in an office chair all day. Nothing wrong with that.

I know how you feel about not wanting to try 16 million holsters before you find the right one.. that stuff gets expensive and if it doesn't work it can also be hard to get rid off too.

First, I would suggest getting a good quality IWB for your 1911. Then look into a smaller gun for those days when required attire may restrict your carry. Look into a good IWB for that gun and go from there. I doubt you will need anything more, but that was all I ever needed to be completely concealed 100% of the time while working.

I wish you luck!

Oh.. P.S. And as my knives all have clips on them, they were clipped all over me.. on my skirt, in my pocket, in my shoe. I had great versatility with my blades and they were very concealable.

never really looked much into ankle holsters.
    maybe ill end up with a small gun ankle holster combo.
    everyone keeps saying get a good IWB for my 1911.
    i have one. works great. theres nothing wrong with it.
    im just looking for something else

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    in michigan, as was explained to me, carrying in a place you are not suppose to and if its not one of the 'gun free zones' then the following applies:
    if you are aware of the policy (aka u work there, there is a sign, etc)
    then you are legally classified as a trespasser.
    now the problem with that is you are not longer protected by the 'stand your ground rule'
    so it comes down to this:
    if someone finds out but not because you used your firearm- your probably fired. end of story.
    I'm not advocating breaking any laws but if you did you would probably still be alive. PS last I read 1:4 Females will be sexually assaulted in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    if you have to use it- you may be screwed by the court. but if you have to use it.. well then you probably dont regret it

anyways. like i said i dont want this to be a thread about carring in an "NPE" as obiwan said. Im not planning on it. we will assume that for my future job I am allowed to carry, I simply dont want anyone to know.

back to the IWB. I have not given up on it. as I said, i use it all the time and works great no problem. But if I can carry at work It needs to be concealed even better. I need to be able to bend over, get on my hands and knees, crawl into a small space, bump into people, etc. without having to worry about my butt sticking out!
    Galco Makes some inner thigh holsters for females however if your wearing genes that may be a problem. Another option is Day Planner Carry, its off body but constantly in your hand. I would say expecially because you in MI jacket pocket carry with a J frame or Keltec may be investigated.

PS Carrying a gun is a system. You dress to your method of carry. Your 1911 is a good gun to have for personal protection carrying on the hip; however, the absolute best gun to have, with best ammuntion combination, that is absoluty is the best one ever made is the one in your HAND when the SHTF.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I would say look at some of the " t shirt " holsters , bellybands , or ankle carry . You may well have to go smaller than your 1911 to carry it off tho depending on attire and fit . I dont know about a materials / metallurgical engineer but the materials engineers i have delt with on jobsites ( construction ) sometimes have to change footwear due to environmental issues , and this could be a problem with ankle carry .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    Well I've stated previously how I carry, on a daily basis, and just like today, was in slacks and dress shirt and noone spoted all the "stuff" I had concealed under my shirt. Am currently working on an article for a magazine specifically concerning this, so its easy to do.
    And here is a link to a thread where he demonstrates his carry method.

-john

For traveling around most of my business clients - I use the chest holster w/Kel-Tec PF9. There is pros and cons w/any setup. On the days when I am installing servers and such - I still mainly use the above setup because of the bending, reaching, etc. - That is the reason I thought of the shirt from Kramer or others. I have not used one - but thought it might be an option as it is similar to the chest band holsters.

can anyone recommend a good ankle holster? i have never really looked into them. as i said, i have a while so i wont be getting one soon, but i would like to start looking into stuff.
    and as i said. off body carry is not an option. my hands need to be free. i defiantly wont be carrying around a purse.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links