I Need Holster Help Please.

This is a discussion on I Need Holster Help Please. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello im new to the forum and need some help finding a good holster. I am carring a h&k p2000 in 9mm. I am currently ...

New Member Array mark greenfield's Avatar

Hello im new to the forum and need some help finding a good holster. I am carring a h&k p2000 in 9mm. I am currently carring it in a galco high ride concealable holster and having trouble with printing. I think that is mostly due to my body shape i am 5"9 135 pounds. Iwould be open to any suggestions that you could give me.

I recently got a Comp-Tac CTAC inside the waistband holster, and I love it. I can see myself getting a lot more of them in the future. You can either wear it with your shirt untucked or tucked. It's multi adjustable, and very secure. I can carry my full sized weapon with it, where as before I only carried my sub compact.

Here is the website. Good luck. http://www.comp-tac.com/
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

Have a look at the cozy partner really comfortable and hides a big gun like my 1911 5 inch pretty easy

http://www.desantisholster.com/028.html

You Might

want to look at these also. They are excellent quality and the high ride IWB holster pulls in really close to the body. At the same time you still get a positive grip when you draw. I don't know about your pistol but they work great with a 1911. I also looked at the one a Range Master had for the SOB-IWB carry with a 1911 and it concealed extremely well. I don't or have not used a SOB holster since there are some questions about safety, since there have been some serious back injurys from falls during confrontations when wearing one. I'm pretty sure that the injurys have happened to a very small percentage of the persons using this style.

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/index.htm
    A superior combat handgunner is best defined as one who uses his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skills.

Assistant Administrator
    Mark - just to say Hi and welcome

Hard to know what will really ''do it'' for you with rigs but I manage well with OWB hi-ride belt slides. But then I am 6.00" and 200# so somewhat different shape etc.

In summer I do find my Smith & Alexander vest does all I need for concealment - and when biking I doubt it looks too odd. Other times, tho folks say it ''shouts carry'' - I could care less - if gun is concealed, it's concealed!

Other than summer no probs - using long open shirts etc. Hope you find something to suit, without finishing up with too huge of a ''holster box'' !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    I found IWB for t shirt wear is best for concealment. Also I wear a underarmor t under the regular shirt to help with chafing. I would recommend geting a cheap nylon holster to try it , and if ya like this method, get a good holster. BTW, how bout a review on your P2000?

Smile Sparks

Leather, IWB, Summer Special.

Kydex is all right but not as comfortable as leather IMO. Rig went on at 4AM this morning, and will come off about 11PM.

The SS that my Commander rides in today, is almost 15 years old and is one of my favorite holsters. Wear is dark t shirt worn under a loose fitting, open, patterned shirt. I use the 4 oclock position.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

I have commander sized 1911 and use a Comp-Tac or Sparks SSII.

I use the Sparks most of the time, as it is more comfortable for all day carry.

The comp-tac with 'c' clips is tuckable, so I can use it hot weather at work, where I need to tuck my shirt in. If you get the 'c' clips you will need to experiment with belts and pants because some combinations don't work well.

One other point, my comp-tac is the slide version, so the slide sticks out the bottom; this is slight anoying over time, and if you put 100 rnds rapid fire thru at the range and then holster it you notice the heat of the slide!
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

Quote Originally Posted by mark greenfield
    Hello im new to the forum and need some help finding a good holster. I am carring a h&k p2000 in 9mm. I am currently carring it in a galco high ride concealable holster and having trouble with printing. I think that is mostly due to my body shape i am 5"9 135 pounds. Iwould be open to any suggestions that you could give me.
    Mark, Check out the Beltster at banderagunleather.com

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Hawaiian shirts (open) over a t-shirt, extra large shirt over the gun (untucked). Try these out and see what works for you.

Links