CCW Holster

This is a discussion on CCW Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very shorty I will have my CCW and I need a good holster. I am Not sure what exactly to try. When I was stationed ...

Thread: CCW Holster

CCW Holster

Very shorty I will have my CCW and I need a good holster. I am Not sure what exactly to try. When I was stationed in Alaska an open carry state I used a cheap uncle mikes pancake because I didnt care who saw it and being a lefty made it difficult at the time to find holsters for the P220ST and a Sig Pro 2340. Now I am in Las Vegas and need something to hide it a bit better.

I am a bigger guy 6'2 245-250 ish, not fat 36 in. waist. I work two jobs one as a Air Force Firefighter the other as a Loan Officer. I dont carry at work for the Air Force so thats not an issue. However in my other job or just out and about I usually wear Large Tshirts, or a button down type shirt (usually a size larger to fit arms and upper torso, so length is a little long i.e. to cover waist) untucked with jeans/slacks/shorts whatever the weather dictates.

Should I go IWB, I am not sure how comfortable that would be? Or standard belt holster? Do I need special belts? Kydex or leather? And how do you suggest carrying an extra magazine? Also I am considering the purchase of a P226 SCT in 9mm is there a holster I can use for all of them (P220, P226, and 2340)? Or do I get a holster for each?

Thanks in advance. Matt...

Sorry wrong area, could a moderator move this please.
    Last edited by VegasSIG; October 14th, 2007 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Sorry I accidently posted in wrong area.

2. Remove Ads

Good left handed holsters are rarer than hen's teeth. I tried to find one after I had rotator cup surgey and finally had Jim Speidel make me one for a 1911. I would recommend that you contact him at phone number 919-387-1997, (www.The Beltman.net) and talk to him about your needs. He only has belts on his website, but he also makes a great holster and mag carriers as well. He is not cheap, but I believe that he makes some of the best leather around. He is also a "gun guy" and understands the needs of those who choose to carry.

I'm new to CC but I just recieved my IWB crossbread super tuck the other day and it is extremely comfortable, wore it all day and actually forgot it was there a couple times. But for the record haven't tried any others but if any holsters are more comfortable than this one, I want it too.

WWW.comp-tac.com

Take a look at the M-Tac. Best holster ever imo.

btw, were you at elmendorf?

Try Tucker Gunleather IWB tuckable type holsters. I have 3 for a 92FS, 1911 A1, and a Kahr Arms P9.

http://www.tuckergunleather.com
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I use a Blackhawk SERPA and I love it. They make a left handed model for the P220, it is $47.00.
    Here is a link to the SERPA page where you can plug in your info on your gun and choose the holster. http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4105&C=C1387

I have been very happy with mine. I can highly recommend it.

As for a holster to use one all your guns, I wouldn't recommend that. Buy one for each that is made specifically for that gun. You'll get a much better fit and a much more secure holster to gun match. Anything that will work for several different models of guns will be a cheap, generic holster that isn't going to hold any of them securely.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by P991911 View Post
    WWW.comp-tac.com

Take a look at the M-Tac. Best holster ever imo.

btw, were you at elmendorf?
    Yes I was at Elmendorf from 2001-2005 Munitions.

Being a southpawed Sig owner I can relate to where you are coming from. I actually had pretty good luck on e-bay. I picked up pancakes for mine for under $25 each. The P220 and P226 should fit in the same holster as long as they are the same style (rail/no rail) frame. I don't know about the Pro, but I think it will need one of its own. I also have a Ted Blocker #12 IWB for my P220 and P226. It is quite comfortable, but is not tuckable and it does not have a sweat guard.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    i like a lot of owb and a retention so i us the carry-lok

Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe for IWB or Blackhawk CQC w/Serpa for OWB. Even though the Crossbreed is low on looks - it is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I have tried Highnoon, Comp-Tac's MTAC and other off the shelf brands. The MTAC is a close 2nd. I also had my Crossbreed on with my Glock 27 yesterday - put it on in the morning and by late evening I had totally forgot that I had put it on. I wear mine some where in the area of 4:00 - 4:30. I am 6' 220lbs. I wear with the velcro clips. The easiest way is to use a pull over untucked or similar. No one will ever know. It does tuck and conceals wells with a tucked shirt - but you have to "blouse or puff" it up a bit. I have different carry methods/guns for different scenerios. Just my 2 cents.

Links