Dakota Defender Tuckable??

This is a discussion on Dakota Defender Tuckable?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is the Dakota Defender able to be tucked... I dont have it with me right now, but for carry at an upcoming event when i ...

Thread: Dakota Defender Tuckable??

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

Dakota Defender Tuckable??

Is the Dakota Defender able to be tucked... I dont have it with me right now, but for carry at an upcoming event when i get home i need to be able to tuck.. If i was home i could look but i dont have it with me
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

2. Remove Ads

Yes, your shirt can be tucked between the belt clips and the leather. Hope this helps.

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    yes it does thanks so much
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

I just got the Defender... its a nice holster, although I need to mold it.

Oh, and since you asked ;-) My wife's opinion of the quality of the concealment? I changed into an untucked shirt, posted a question asking how to better conceal with a tuckable, and vowed to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I just got the Defender... its a nice holster, although I need to mold it.

Oh, and since you asked ;-) My wife's opinion of the quality of the concealment? I changed into an untucked shirt, posted a question asking how to better conceal with a tuckable, and vowed to practice.
    Remember when you "mold it" to do as Kevin suggests apply a layer or so of wax paper around the gun leave it in the holster over night. Remove the wax paper and draw and holster the gun about 40 times. Repeat as needed. In another thread a gentle man "hand worked" his holster i.e. took it in both hands and rolled it, applied pressure in on itself working it back and forth. That is a great way to soften leather and turn your holster into a soft leather sack. It breaks down the membrane and tears the connecting tissue. It also breaks the finish holster makers use, that absorbs into the leather to harden it. Picture shattering glass. Needles to say the guy was less than happy with his holster. So I thought it worth mentioning again. Just a heads up in case it is needed no insult intended.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

yeah don't work the leather by hand to much, I did this with my first K&D holster that simply would not break in after a couple weeks of use. However the dakota defender fit like a glove, just wear it around like any other holster to "mold" it to your body shape

Quote Originally Posted by SiG239 View Post
    yeah don't work the leather by hand to much, I did this with my first K&D holster that simply would not break in after a couple weeks of use. However the dakota defender fit like a glove, just wear it around like any other holster to "mold" it to your body shape
    I did the same with other leather stuff. I would not hand work a holster at all just do like you said and wear it. Long ago I got my full hide leather chaps now you want to see stiff until they were broken in. Almost twenty years old now and are like that old pair of favorite jeans and they have saved my hide more than once
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links