Anyone here use a Wilderness Safepacker?

This is a discussion on Anyone here use a Wilderness Safepacker? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious, I would appreciate some input as to the Wilderness Safepacker if anyone here has had any experience with them. I'm looking for some ...

Thread: Anyone here use a Wilderness Safepacker?

Just curious, I would appreciate some input as to the Wilderness Safepacker if anyone here has had any experience with them. I'm looking for some options other than the normal IWB holsters or shoulder holsters. Having all gut and no butt, all the IWB's tend to "print" in open view by pulling my pants down, unless I cinch my belt till my eyeballs bulge, haha! I generally carry my S&W 669, and now a Glock 30. Thanks for any input!

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Frzdrdhppy,

The second most important part to carrying a good holster is using a good belt!... That should help keep your pants up.

Sorry I can't offer any info on the Safepacker.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Yes, daily, the Government +1" size to carry a 4"-barreled GP100 with small factory grips. Less often, I use the Colt Commander size to carry everything from a Ruger SP101 to a SIG P229. The larger one is usually on a shoulder strap; the smaller one is usually worn on the belt in the manner of a hip holster, and I have also hand-carried them. I do believe in having a smaller weapon on my person when using off-body carry. Before any anti-gun trolls chime in with the "they scream 'gun'" comments, no, the Safepacker does not alarm people, especially when hand-carried or on a shoulder strap. I regularly carry mine into such places as the Houston Galleria Mall, Whole Foods Markets, and other such places where anything "tactical" in appearance is viewed with suspicion.

Safepacker

I have a Safepacker for my XD45. I use a variety of carrying methods-OWB, IWB (tuckable from High Noon), and the Safepacker. It is a very innocuous method of carry, it looks like a fanny pack or a man's clutch (fancy way of saying a man-purse!) and I have never had someone give me a second glance while carrying it.

If you get one, I highly recommend getting the associated strap-it makes for a convienient package to put on your bedside table to investigate bumps in the night.

The Safepacker is well made, and can be ordered to fit a wide range of hadguns. In my case, with an insert, it can be used for both my XD45 and my XD9SC. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by TinySA45; October 17th, 2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: misspelling

I use my Safepacker for some road trips, as it fits nice between my center console and my seat. Then once I arrive I can snap it closed and carry it inside. Often times it is in my gym bag too, so I can look through the items in public and I don't need to worry about someone seeing a firearm in my bag.

I sometimes use it to connect to my backpack hip strap when backpacking, but I have gone open carry for those trips now.

I have never carried OWB with a Safepacker before, as I do not think it would work very well with my wardrobe. But regardless, its a good product that is well made and will last. While not used as an EDC, it is still a staple in my inventory.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I carry my S&W full size M&P in the Government model that I drop down in the driver side hard saddlebag of my motorcycle. I have taken it in with me to eat in restaurants, etc. and noone really notices it. I doubt that anyone thinks it's a gun. It could be medical supplies for all they know or even a case for a CD player. These days, lots of folks have cases for their stuff. With two magazines and one in the pipe, I have 35 rounds on hand at all times.

I use one when I go hiking or Mt biking.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
    Having all gut and no butt, all the IWB's tend to "print" in open view by pulling my pants down, unless I cinch my belt till my eyeballs bulge, haha! I generally carry my S&W 669, and now a Glock 30. Thanks for any input!
    How about suspenders?
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

The Safepacker works great with my backpacking gear (blends right in), or with my camera bags.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Try suspenders and a belt. The suspenders to keep your pants up and the belt to hold your hoslter.
    If you give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in a boat and drink beer.

add small head set for listening to music on your shoulders and the wire attached inside the SafePacker, then it is just your CD player inside the SafePacker or so it appears

Safepacker used when no coat, jacket, or vest is appropriate and you have to wear your shirt tucked in the pants, maybe for whatever reason you cannot wear an ankle holster (wear boots, some pants styles, body built, your physical condition does allow access, etc) or IWB

SafePacker appears lower key in a casual environment than in a formal environment

It's a very well made, professional product that provides a lot of protection to a firearm.

I use one sometimes backpacking. They are too weird looking to really "conceal" on a belt downtown, but look perfect on a backpack.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links