Blackhawk Serpa - Page 3

Blackhawk Serpa

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Serpa within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AcimEriga Sigh, ok, I guess someone will have to lay it out...your finger DOES NOT, I say again, DOES NOT fall in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AcimEriga View Post
    Sigh, ok, I guess someone will have to lay it out...your finger DOES NOT, I say again, DOES NOT fall in the triggerguard of your weapon when you use/release a SERPA lock.
    I assume this is aimed at me- since I appear to be one of the few that doesn't like the serpa lock. If so, you should note that I agreed with you a couple of posts above- that your finger doesn't fall into the trigger.

That is beside the point though. If the holster works for you, and you've tested it through force on force situations (to include weapon graps and the like) then it is a good choice. There really are better things to fight about.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

ckd
    Though not everyone will argree, I won't carry OWB without a retention device of some kind. I don't kid myself that a true criminial hasn't spent time learning to "unlock" it. What slows a criminal can slow you too.

Back to your question. I've used the SEPRA holster for a few years and find it excellent even with thin gloves on, including some FOF drills. Practice is critical for any holster draw, especially a retention, since parts of a second count. I like the uncomplicated one-handed reholstering with a satifying click.

Can't say I like it for a j-frame, but then I don't carry a j-frame OWB unless required by a training program.

A search for this would be helpful, you'll find quite polar opinions, very pro or very con, like firearms.

I've have XL hands and find no problems with it, but some with bigger hands have mentioned it is hard for them to manipulate the release.

I bought a Serpa holster with retention, but removed the locking mechanism after I had it a while. It will still retain my J-Frame but allow me to draw with my support hand with the gun upside down and shoot with my ring finger in a pinch.

Just to be clear, I intend NO attack or direct these comments toward anyone in particular. I certainly intend no offense to anyone who disagrees with me, thats what this forum is for. I apologize if anything was taken that way, most of my posts are written at 1 am after work, and could usually be better than they are.

Administrator
    I think that all of the participants in this thread have been conducting themselves in a civil fashion.
    Feel free to disagree and make your points.
    As long as differing opinions are expressed without any personal attacks or rudeness toward other members that is fine.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I do not use nor recommend these holsters.....

I have two which were acquired through used holster package deal. Both are for Sig 226 and my son uses them with his airsoft pistols.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Drawing from the SERPA requires a convulsion of the trigger finger. Never a good idea in my opinion. You want the trigger finger straight until the decision to fire has been made- and that cannot be done with this system.
    I disagree I just bought a Blackhawk CQC Serpa and when I pull my weapon I have already made the decision to fire.

I have two blackhawk holsters, one for my 1911 and one for my beretta 92. I will continue to buy and use these holsters for every gun I ever own. They offer great retention, and are easy to hide. I like using woolrich discreet (Guayabera style) shirts to hide them. They disappear behind one of those. A good concealment vest also works well. I also have the leg drop system, so at the range I can simply slap my holster on my leg. They are the best kydex holsters made!

To dimmak, I must ask, why do you not recommend these? Any specific issues?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links