Galco x-project holster?

This is a discussion on Galco x-project holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone seen/tried one of these yet? Im about to get a $500 steal on a very nicely broken-in, but not over-used sig p229 cpo, ...

Thread: Galco x-project holster?

Galco x-project holster?

Has anyone seen/tried one of these yet? Im about to get a $500 steal on a very nicely broken-in, but not over-used sig p229 cpo, and was thinking about one of these, as I have to change the position of my weapon through the day. This sounds like the answer to my prayers, but I haven't yet been able to put my paws on one, and I despise buying something I can't see first.
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Lots of views, no opinions. Ill only bump this once, in the hopes of saving myself a few bucks through the community' knowledge.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Somebody gave me one.

They're bulky the retention strap is weird, and they're bulky.

I've got one that fits a G17 and will fit all the 9mm, .40, and .357 slides. There still bulky and when you use the baby glocks. Cool concept but anytime you do something like that take pieces and turn them into a lego set up. The tolerances just are not that nice.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Administrator
    It's an interesting concept. The precision moldable materials are making a lot of neat things possible these days.

Galco always had a Satisfaction Guarantee. If you think there is a good chance that it might be the ticket for you then call Galco.

Order one and keep all of the original packaging...be careful with it and take a look at one. If you decide that you don't like it then you should be able to just get an RA (Return Authorization) and mail it back for a full refund.

You'll only be out shipping.
    Sometimes the only way to tell if an item will work out for you is to actually have it in hand and try it on.

If you call Galco and tell them when you order that you're not sure if it will work out for you or not - they will clue you in on their return policy. I've not ordered anything from Galco in years but, they were always fair, fast, and friendly on the returns.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have one - I would not recommend it. It has elastic in some areas - but around the chest area it did not. It fit fine until I sat down - then it was too tight. I modified mine by removing any non elastic straps - and replacing them with elastic. Works ok now - the biggest advantage (if there is one) is the quick on and off of the holster. So if you go in / out of places that you can not carry - you can easily remove this holster. In my opinion you will need an under shirt - the side mounts are alittle irritating to the skin. I prefer my chest band holster over this. I have mine for the Glock 27. I rate this one at a C+ - and that is being a little generous.

hm, thanks for the comments. I always wear an undershirt, and have been going with a galco bellyband so far, Im a bit concerned that the 229, being heavier than my current taurus 24/7 pro (polymer frame) will be too much for it, though I love the versatility of it. I normally carry appendix, but had an 18 hour day yesterday, including 4 hours of travel to and from a seminar, lots of sitting and standing, which causes the massive front sight on the taurus to dig into my thigh. I was able to just switch to underarm carry for the day, then back to appendix for the regular work style that night.

The x-project looks a bit bulky for going under a polo shirt in the ads Ive seen, so I figured Id ask about it. The only review Ive seen in a gun mag gave it good overall reviews, but most of the specific compliments were about the concept, and I dont see many negative reviews in gun mags anyway.

anyone seen or heard of a bellyband or similar style that will conceal under a polo shirt AND hold underarm, grip forward? With this band, underarm is very concealed, but not too easy to draw from, even with practice, and thats a comfort vs. conceal compromise I dont prefer, but feel its better to have it than not.

Links