Bianchi Minimalist with Snap

This is a discussion on Bianchi Minimalist with Snap within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at getting one of the Bianchi Minimalist holsters that snaps onto the belt do any of you use them...this will be for ...

Thread: Bianchi Minimalist with Snap

I am looking at getting one of the Bianchi Minimalist holsters that snaps onto the belt do any of you use them...this will be for my 1911 Commander

My second choice is an El Paso Street Combat...I would like your thoughts on it also

Thanks

This is a cool forum

Welcome to the Forum. If you get one it will probably have dot fasteners. If it does I suggest you learn how to operate dot fasteners without going nuts and practicing your vocabulary.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Administrator
    Just curious as to why you're going with the snap version of The Minimalist rather than the standard loop version. Are you going to be needing to take it on and off a lot?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've been carrying a Minimalist for a little over two years and have absolutely no complaints. It conceals well, is comfortable and holds the weapon securely. Mine is the slot type. I wouldn't feel comfortable with the snap version.
    Religion won't prevent you from committing a sin. It will, however, prevent you from enjoying it as much as you'd like to.

We have a lot of customers that put a premium on convenience and want to be able to remover their holsters frequently. Many choose the Model 106 Minimalist and are pleased with it but others have reported that the snaps, which face toward the body, become an uncomfortable irritation.

Galco's more expensive Side Snap Scabbard does the same job, but better, and places the snaps on the outside for greater comfort and convenience.

Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

Administrator
    SNAPS ~ which face toward the body, become an uncomfortable irritation.
    That's what I was wondering.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Only issue I had with the minimalist, which the Galco shown also takes care of, is having the front sight exposed, IMO, tends to hang on about everything.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

I only choose the snap version because I thought it would be nice to be able to remove the gun and holster as a unit...but I may take the slot version...my main draw was that is small and light weight...do any of you use the little retention strap that comes on the holster...another option that looks like it would cover the front sight is the Don Hume JIT slide...I am still open to suggestions

Snaps that face towards the body? I agree with you guys and would think that to be a "design flaw."

I would also point out that is kind of unusual for a company like Bianchi, which as far as I'm concerned, has always been of fairly high quality for a mass produced production company.

I have owned several Bianchi holsters and products over the years starting off with the IWB "pistol pocket" over 30 years ago.

I do like the looks of the Galco posted by KnightHawk above.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Karate View Post
    ...do any of you use the little retention strap that comes on the holster...
    The retention strap is really nothing more than an "O" ring that slips over the hammer with a leather tab sewn to it . I've used it since the first day I wore the holster and keep waiting for the ring to break since it is made of what appears to be rubber, but there isn't even an abrasion mark on it after 2 years.
    Religion won't prevent you from committing a sin. It will, however, prevent you from enjoying it as much as you'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Karate View Post
    do any of you use the little retention strap that comes on the holster...
    Keep in mind that Bianchi is in California and then you'll understand why almost everything they make has some type of retention device.

The retention ring on the Models 105/106 is really not necessary and many of our clients have said they just snip the rubber ring off.
    Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

I have a bianchi minimalist slide on holster and have been pleased with it. I do use the rubber retention strap. I just flick the little leather tab on it with my thumb when I draw and it pops right off.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

I went with the one with the slots...carried it last night and so far have enjoyed it...I did not use the retention strap but I can see times where it will come in handy

Links