leather holster for glock 26 for ccw
This is a discussion on leather holster for glock 26 for ccw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am also tall and thin (6' 1", 178lbs) and my G26 is my primary ccw. After going through the obligatory 'box o' holsters', I ...
October 28th, 2007 01:31 PM
I am also tall and thin (6' 1", 178lbs) and my G26 is my primary ccw. After going through the obligatory 'box o' holsters', I settled on a Blade-Tech OWB 80% of the time and a Galco Summer Comfort IWB the other 20%. IWB is far less comfortable, but it does hide the baby Glock better. OWB draw time is slightly faster, but not significantly so.
Last edited by PaulBk; October 28th, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
Reason: cuz Galco isn't spelled Glaco
Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim
October 28th, 2007 01:31 PM
October 28th, 2007 02:12 PM
Thank you everyone
I would like to thank everyone for his or her input, as I have heard many good responses to my questions. However, I expected nothing less from this excellent forum. Based upon what I've read so far, I'm leaning toward a custom leather or horsehide owb scabbard (thanks to Pogo2) with a 1 1/4" gunbelt (thanks to dgg9). Because my work requires that I wear a suit about 50% of the time, I feel that a 1 1/4 " gunbelt with an unobtrusive scabbard would be best for my circumstances. All of my current belts (dress and casual) are 1 1/4" in width and I'm used to it. I particularly like Pogo2's recommendation and pictures regarding the Kramer owb horsehide belt scabbard. This is exactly what I was looking for. (The Pogo avitar is great by the way. I remember that comic strip as a child and never quite "got it"). Special thanks to dgg9 for his contributions to this question on this and another site. Dgg9, do you have a specific belt recommendation
(either 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" tapered to 11/4 "?)
I've also checked out thebeltman's website (thanks to landor) and was wondering if a bullhide gunbelt is better to have than a cowhide gunbelt?
Last edited by greyhound1; October 28th, 2007 at 05:51 PM.
October 28th, 2007 03:36 PM
Belt is a must. I think several makers, including Beltman, do a "progressive" belt that goes most way around at 1 1/2" then transfers to a 1 1/4 at the front. Might look at one of those. Primarily you want double thick. Thats the strength needed to prevent sag.
I like my Rhome made high ride Pancake and gun belt I got from him for my similar sized G27. I have a 20 or so degree cant on this thing. Conceals superbly. Unfortunately Rhome flew the coop on us for a while. Otherwise I would tell you to go there for one.
Recently had to get my kid something for his off duty G27 and tried a Don Hume Jit slide type holster and it works pretty darn well too. In fact I have an extra of those here. Forget the model name and number of it off hand but it's a well made holster for like $35.
October 28th, 2007 05:18 PM
I have to confess I'm not a belt expert, especially in the realm of dressier gunbelts. I just have an old, non-dressy slab of leather from Galco which suits my needs -- your needs are clearly different.
Originally Posted by greyhound1
For a light gun like a G26, I'm not sure the different materials matter that much as long as whatever material he's using is of high quality, and the belt is made right. Still, the Beltman site says bullhide is stiffer and better, so why not go for the gusto and try one.
I would advise 1.5" tapered to 1.25" because: a) the bulk of the belt is then the wider and more supportive 1.5" AND b) the vast preponderance of holsters out there are made for 1.5" belt loops, so why not make life easier? But neither of these is anything resembling a deal breaker. I'm sure a 1.25" belt would be fine too.
October 31st, 2007 02:31 AM
I carry a Glock 27 (same dimensions as G-26) daily. I have 2 Galco holsters; a USA and a Scout, both IWB's. The USA is tuckable although I rarely wear it tucked. The Scout is not tuckable and has a much wider belt clip thus making it more stable. I have had great luck with both although if you do not require a tuckable holster I recommend the Scout.
By i10casual in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
Last Post: August 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Search tags for this page
best belt holster for glock 26
best leather holster for glock 26
best leather holster glock 26
best leather owb holster for glock 26
glock 26 leather belt holster
glock 26 leather holster
kramer glock 26 holster
leather holster for glock 26
leather holster glock 26
leather holsters for glock 26
leather iwb holster glock 26
tucker gunleather glock 26
Click on a term to search for related topics.