leather holster for glock 26 for ccw

This is a discussion on leather holster for glock 26 for ccw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any personal recommendations on leather holsters (iwb holster or an unobtrusive strongside belt holster) for a glock 26 that I plan to carry ccw? I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leather holster for glock 26 for ccw

leather holster for glock 26 for ccw

Any personal recommendations on leather holsters (iwb holster or an unobtrusive strongside belt holster) for a glock 26 that I plan to carry ccw? I'm on the tall and thin side, so it's easy for me to conceal well with an untucked t-shirt or polo shirt. Also, I'm not really interested in tuckable holsters.

Also, any recommendations on gunbelts (is one necessary with a glock 26)?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

look at the galco inside the pants holster. it is not a tuckable holster,,,,, but you can use a tuckable also,,,,, you don't have to tuck it. i don't tuck my tuckable. but galco has a good inside the pants holster, real thin and supports the weapon. i like it, i use it more than the tuckable. or...... you could go with the galco miami classic shoulder holster. i wear one 95% of the time. it don't take long to learn how to dress to fit your gun. i do this with the glock 27.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

take a look at Tucker Gunleather:

www.tuckergunleather.com

I have a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB (it is tuckable) for my Springfield XD 9 SC and love it.

pax
    A gun belt is a necessity. Makes a huge difference in both comfort and concealability.

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Glock 26 holster - recommend OWB scabbard

For a Glock 26, which has a very short barrel, it is hardly wolrth the discomfort of IWB carry to conceal the small length of the gun that will extend below the belt line. A Glock 26 in a high riding OWB holster will barely go below the belt line anyway.

I have Glocks and other guns and have experimented with many holster types and makes. I would recommend a belt scabbard holster made of stiff leather, such as horsehide. The Kramer company makes one of the best of this type:

Kramer Holster website

I like a belt scabbard that meets these specs:

1. Two belt loops, one on either side of the gun.
    2. Stiff leather that stays open for reholstering without internal steel supports or an extra strip of leather sewn on at the top.
    3. Leather formed to the gun on both front and back of the holster, not just the front (fits closer to the body that way).
    4. Small leather tab from back of holster that protects your side from the back end of the slide.

Here is my Glock 23 (I don't have a G26) in a Kramer horsehide scabbard holster that meets my specs above:

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    A gun belt is a necessity. Makes a huge difference in both comfort and concealability.
    +1. The premier beginner-CCW mistake is to wear a holster with a cheap flimsy dress belt, then wonder why the gun is sagging and you're getting welts every day.

They make good solid gun belts that look dressy. If appearance is a big deal, my vote goes the belts that are 1.25" at the buckle, but then increase to 1.5" where all the gear is.

For a G26, I'm sure you could make do with a 1.25" gun belt...but a) if you ever get a bigger gun, it could be problematic, and b) most holsters and mag carriers have 1.5" belt loop size as the default; that's where all the variety is.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    For a Glock 26, which has a very short barrel, it is hardly wolrth the discomfort of IWB carry to conceal the small length of the gun that will extend below the belt line. A Glock 26 in a high riding OWB holster will barely go below the belt line anyway.
    This is my take as well. The value-add of IWB is only maybe 2" of the gun covered, and a high ride OWB makes that even less. And OWB is much more comfortable and natural feeling.

Senior Member Array Knuckledrager's Avatar
    I use a Kramer belt holster for both the G26 and the G19. Both are worn with a Kramer dbl thick 1 1/2 in belt.

Here is my Glock 27 in Nate's (UBG Holsters) OWB Bommeville pancake style - also his Belt & Mag Carrier. Great Rig, great Price, great delivery time. Great guy!
    It holds the gun real close, secure and affords a full grip to draw from.
    Sorry for the not so good picture. Buy the way I had the belt made 11/4 wide and the holster at 1/12 wide - my doing not Nates.

Ray
    Attached Images
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

I have a G26 which I carry in a DeSantis Mini Slide holster on a Gunner's Alley gunbelt. It's a great combination and makes my 26 virtually invisible.
    Religion won't prevent you from committing a sin. It will, however, prevent you from enjoying it as much as you'd like to.

Check out www.brigadegunleather.com
    I am currently using the "M-11 Ultimate CCH." Truely and all-day, every-day holster. This is important to me...if it's not comfortable, you'll leave it at home. The holster is all they make it out to be, comfortable in any position, conceals like none I've had experience with, extremely well built. They make them to order (one at at time). But WELL worth the wait (which was 2 weeks shorter than they promised!)
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

I like the Don Hume H715-M W.C.: Waistband Clip-On

http://www.donhume.com/

I will be taking delivery of 5 of these in 2-3 weeks. They will go fast. Email me if you are interested.

http://michigancpl.net/holsters.htm

Look at beltman for a great leather belt. The wilderness instructor belt is good also for casual.

http://www.thebeltman.net/
    http://www.thewilderness.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Exmasonite View Post
    take a look at Tucker Gunleather:

www.tuckergunleather.com

I have a Tucker Texas Heritage IWB (it is tuckable) for my Springfield XD 9 SC and love it.
    +100 for TGL

I carry a GM1911 in an Answer. Texas Heritage, also a fine choice.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

YES, you need a quality gun belt for carrying your Glock. Take a good look at the M Tac by Comp Tac. Excellent holster, comfortable to wear ALL day, conceals very well, securely holds the gun and easy to reholster gun, plus easy on and off the belt. If you MUST have ALL leather, check out the IWB's by UBG Holsters or Andrews Leather. Beltman makes a great gun belt. If you don't want to wait a LONG time for your rig, I'd go with the M Tac and you'll have it less than 1 week. UBG is also very prompt and keeps pretty much to his quoted delivery times. His holsters are excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links