Mitch Rosen Holsters

This is a discussion on Mitch Rosen Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I heard of this site some time ago. But there was one aspect of their business I did not understand at first. They have some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitch Rosen Holsters

Try Lightning Arms

I heard of this site some time ago. But there was one aspect of their business I did not understand at first. They have some models of the holster lines they carry In Stock.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

I was able to get a Milt Sparks VM2 for my HKP7-M8 delivered within one week

And since Del Fatti is only making holsters for 1911 pistols and the HK-PM series, they may have some of his in stock as well.

I've no connection to these folks other than being a very satisfied customer. Only place I know to get in stock custom leather for certain standard pistols. Check them out
    Attached Images
    "....CONSTANT VIGILANCE"

HOGUE CUSTOM 1911
    Classic Hi-Power
    P7M8 SP101
    GP100

2. Remove Ads

Suggestion - Stiff horsehide OWB

The Rosen ARG you discussed is an IWB holster, but is not a tuckable holster. So I presume you will be using an untucked cover garment like a shirt with tail out.

If you are using a cover garment, I don't think that IWB carry gains you much with a short barrel gun like the P7. The IWB holster will only conceal the bottom 2 inches or so of the P7s slide and barrel, and the gun's large grip will still be exposed and have to be covered. A high riding OWB holster for the P7 will only extend an inch or two below the belt anyway, and any decent cover garment will cover that quite adequately. So personally I wouldn't bother with the inconvenience of IWB carry for a short barrel gun like the P7. I would look for a very stiff and stable OWB holster that would carry the gun high on the belt but tight against your side.

Some of the best holsters I have used for this type of application are the Kramer horsehide belt scabbards. The horsehide is so stiff and resists sagging so well that when used with a good belt, it will carry the gun high and close indefinitely. The picture below from the Kramer website shows one of these with a very short barrel gun, a J frame revolver. I have a couple of these Kramer OWB horsehide scabbards, including one like the picture, and they are excellent for top heavy guns. They are made for 4 varieties of H&K P7s and cost just over $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Eye View Post
    I heard of this site some time ago. But there was one aspect of their business I did not understand at first. They have some models of the holster lines they carry In Stock.

http://www.lightningarms.com/products.htm

I was able to get a Milt Sparks VM2 for my HKP7-M8 delivered within one week

And since Del Fatti is only making holsters for 1911 pistols and the HK-PM series, they may have some of his in stock as well.

I've no connection to these folks other than being a very satisfied customer. Only place I know to get in stock custom leather for certain standard pistols. Check them out
    Hey Bri-Eye:
    One small correction to your post. I build holsters for lots of different handguns. But for Lightning Arms, I only build 1911 and P7 holsters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links