Sit down, relax and let me tell you a story about Nate Gable of UBG HOLSTERS.

This is a discussion on Sit down, relax and let me tell you a story about Nate Gable of UBG HOLSTERS. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back in mid Feb of this year I ordered the Canute holster from Nate at UBG HOLSTERS with an FBI cant. I even told Nate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sit down, relax and let me tell you a story about Nate Gable of UBG HOLSTERS.

Sit down, relax and let me tell you a story about Nate Gable of UBG HOLSTERS.

Back in mid Feb of this year I ordered the Canute holster from Nate at UBG HOLSTERS with an FBI cant. I even told Nate it was my birthday present. He made sure I got it in time for my birthday on March 2. The holster was incredible, I was very pleased.

Flash forward 7 months. There were some issues I had with the holster closing and Id wished Id ordered a 20 degree rake as the FBI rake (15 degrees) is not comfortable on my frame. When I wrote Nate I expected him to give me pointers on stiffening the leather to keep it open. He did the unexpected. He said hed replace the holster at no charge. Seems hed used thinner leather in the past and regretted that decision. So this time I ordered a belt and mag pouch to go along with the replacement holster.

My belt, mag pouch and replacement holster arrive in less than 14 days. The quality is top notch and every thing worked as designed. Id heard for years that a proper belt is a must. Now I know from experience. If you do not have a gun beltGET ONE. I highly recommend UBG belts. The new holster even had horse hide to help stiffen and keep the it open.

I still had comfort issues. At Nates request I wore it for a week. I even wore it to my defensive pistol class. It performed flawlessly, but just was not as comfortable as I'd hoped. NATE REPLACED THE HOLSTER AGAIN. This time matching the cant I sent him in a picture via email.

The new one is PERFECT and now sits on my right hip. With the exception of the shower and places Im not allowed to have my pistol, that is where it will be.

Nate means it when he says satisfaction is guaranteed. Thank you Nate for all your hard work.

Maker's mark. (No, not the whiskey.)

Front view

Rear View

The whole kit
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

2. Remove Ads

Nate is great to deal with that good customer service there

That's a great looking rig. I have a Canute on order for my P7, so I am quite interested to see yours and to hear the story about Nate's top notch customer service.

Stoneypete, what degree of cant did you end up with? I have the same holster on order with Nate and was wondering what sort of cant I should go with.

I see alot of examples of great customer service from UBG, this is another great one. Thanks for sharing Stoneypete. All the more reason for me to order something

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    He ended up with 30 degrees. Great pictures, by the way. Thank you very much.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    I still can't believe that the holsters he is turning out now are from the same guy that started this on okshooters. Great work Nate.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

You can see that Nate's work is improving on every holster that comes out of his workshop. I bet his wait starts to creep upwards with the more attention he gets. I am very happy with the 2 rigs he made me but I may have to order more while the wait is short

+1, 2 & 3 on Nate's great service. I've got 3 of his holsters and plan on ordering more soon. Keep up the good work Nate!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    The product speaks for itself! Very nice work and a solid design too!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator
    A man every bit as exemplary as his leather goods for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    A man every bit as exemplary as his leather goods for sure.
    + 1 Nate is good people
    Best,
    Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Nate even helps out new holster makers like me

Nice work.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

He is one of the best for sure. Great holsters, great service, great guy.

I have one from Nate also.....great product!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links