Garrity Triskel just arrived!!!

This is a discussion on Garrity Triskel just arrived!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bri-Eye There have been lots of posts voicing problems and complaints with some custom holster makers-a lot of them justified. But just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garrity Triskel just arrived!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Eye View Post
    There have been lots of posts voicing problems and complaints with some custom holster makers-a lot of them justified. But just to balance out the input, I'm posting some pics of my newly arrived Triskel holster from Garrity Gunleather for my Hi-Power.
    Now, for the $64,000 question: how well does it actually carry? Comfortable? Sturdy?

2. Remove Ads

While I always enjoy pictures of "New" Holsters, I also like to see them being worn. It helps me to see what it looks like on a belt, on a body!!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Now, for the $64,000 question: how well does it actually carry? Comfortable? Sturdy?
    Here are some pics of me wearing the Triskel. I find it very comfortable. It keeps the butt pulled in close to my body without digging in.

It carries high enough above the belt for easy draw access. It's still a tight fit on the pistol and I'm slowly loosening it up with practice draws. For now the holster stays tight on the belt, but a little tight on the gun too so I end up hiking my pants up as I draw

The wide spread wings displace the weight so I don't feel any downward pull. I won't say I forget it's there, but if I AM carrying I don't want to forget it!

I'm tall (6'5") so the length of the pistol isn't an issue for me. Even seated, the grip frame just comes up to the bottom of the ribcage and the barrel stops at the hip point.

The only thing I've noticed is more of an issue with the pistol than with the holster. It may be time to switch to a ring hammer, because in Condition One the hammer spur reaches up above the body shield and pokes me in the side. I'm a big fan of that shield, protecting the pistol and I from each other-no rubbing and no sweat damage.
    Attached Images

Nice, how long did you wait ??

It looks good! How do you like the clips??
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Nice, how long did you wait ??
    7 months, see previous post for some details of delay.

Realleycat: I like clips in general over belt loops because in CA I have to be careful to be VERY concealed and I find the black clips are less obtrusive on a black belt. Plus, the design of this holster is that the clips can be moved to make give three diiferent options for carry: OWB, IWB, or IWB Tuckable.

These clips seem very thick and sturdy, a lot heavier than ones I've gotten on other makers' holsters.
    "....CONSTANT VIGILANCE"

HOGUE CUSTOM 1911
    Classic Hi-Power
    P7M8 SP101
    GP100

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Eye View Post
    7 months, see previous post for some details of delay.

Realleycat: I like clips in general over belt loops because in CA I have to be careful to be VERY concealed and I find the black clips are less obtrusive on a black belt. Plus, the design of this holster is that the clips can be moved to make give three diiferent options for carry: OWB, IWB, or IWB Tuckable.

These clips seem very thick and sturdy, a lot heavier than ones I've gotten on other makers' holsters.
    I also like the clips, mainly because belt loops and other kinds of clips such as the j clips for tucking, don't seem to support the holster well and it makes them uncomfortable to wear for me.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Very nice
    Lex et Libertas — Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Is that a custom color ? You mentioned Cordovan, but I thought cordovan was a dark red/brown ?

Um, wow, nice holster. I have been waiting for two Triskels since Oct of 2006. If you have yours and orderd it this March I must be lost in the ordering process. I tried to email Mark a couple times without a reply so I figured he was just busy.

How do you know if you are still on the list?

Nice holster.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Very good looking rig. I like the color. Wear with pride.

I got my Triskel last Monday, the 19th. I ordered sometime this past summer, possibly on or around July 12th. If I'm counting right, that's just slightly over 4 months, which really surprised me. I was expecting a much longer wait. Maybe mine was the same model as someone else's (4 1/4" 1911), or maybe there was some other reason mine got done so soon.

As was stated before, it is a really comfortable holster, and it's molded to the gun better than any other holster I've seen. The thumb safety molding is especially deep, so there is no chance of the safety moving while it's in the holster. My holster does have some very minor flaws, but they have no effect on fit or function and I won't be able to tell once the holster starts to show some wear. I really enjoy the unique design, and I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it.

For those of you still waiting, it's worth the wait. I hope yours gets there soon. :)

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Yes, the Triskel's very nice. I've had mine for several months now. I bought one from a Forum member because I wanted something I could carry my LW Commander sized 1911 OWB most of the time, but be able to carry it IWB if I wanted to.

It's worked well & the F&F is excellent. Mine's the same color, too.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

That is a very nice holster. Wow....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links