p3at pocket holster?

This is a discussion on p3at pocket holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I'm trying to learn about p3at pocket carry,I really like the pocketholster.com guy,but it only really seems appropraite for back pocket? Maybe thats just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p3at pocket holster?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

p3at pocket holster?

Well I'm trying to learn about p3at pocket carry,I really like the pocketholster.com guy,but it only really seems appropraite for back pocket? Maybe thats just where hes putting it? How comfortable is that going to be to sit on the pistol? safe(ad/nd)? Does anybody front pocket carry in a holster?

Thanks for any/all replies, I got alot to learn about concealed carry,so used to OC

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

2. Remove Ads

look at the uncle mikes pocket holster for the small auto. that's what i use. the one/size that they make for the p3at is somewhat bigger than the small auto. the small auto works best. also, i would get the belt clip. i use the belt clip 95% of the time. the uncle mikes will work in the front and/or back pockets with ease.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Thanks for the reply, frankmako. On the beltclip,is it something that affects holstering the weapon/drawing the weapon(if I did decide to pocket carry,for instance.) I don't know about trusting the belt-clip,kinda creeps me out. I don't like "installing" things on my weapon,either.

<--picky newbie

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

GK--
    Mikes #1 is the size most use for the P3.

There are others folks generally like better ... DeSantis for ex.
    Old testament....Shooting to Live 1942
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...ng_to_live.pdf
    Newer testament... Kill or Get Killed 1976/1987
    http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/...Get_Killed.pdf

the kel tec belt clip is well made and you not have any problems with it. it is one of the strong points of the kel tec pistols. i have one on my p3at and p11. i also have the clip draw on my s&w model 60, my "bug" on duty. the p3at is the weekend gun. i carry a gun by belt clip all most everyday. easy to draw or to put back in place. a t-shirt will cover the above guns with a belt clip on. a regular shirt or jacket will allso do the job. they are easy to install and will not hurt/mess up our gun.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    GK--
    Mikes #1 is the size most use for the P3.

There are others folks generally like better ... DeSantis for ex.
    yes you are correct about uncle mike #1 for the p3at,,,,but the size 0 (small auto) works better. the gun fits the same, but less holster,,, this makes the pocket carry better.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    My vote is for the DeSantis Nemesis, it looks kinda cheesy but it sure does work. Holds up like a champ, stays where its supposed too, and it's cheap. Take it over the Uncle Mikes anyday and twice on Sunday.

EW3

Thumbs up JS Holster

I would recommend this pocket holster; I just got mine the other day for the P-3AT. It doesn't look like much, but it works great after doing the wax paper break-in. It covers the gun perfectly so that it looks like a wallet, in fact it is the exact dimensions of my wallet. Since it's formed from one piece of leather flapped over, it is thinner and less bulky that some pocket holsters that use an additional flap of leather as an anti-print panel. Once I got it broken in, it stays in the front right pocket no problem.

http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2058

Here is an idea for carrying a spare mag. I'm not a fan of the holsters that carry a spare in the same pocket as the gun. This is really low profile and this size will just fit the P-3AT mags.

http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/...id/510700.html
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" Ė George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

IMHO-There simply is no better pocket holster than a Milt Sparks PCH for carrying in the front pocket of blue jeans. I carry an NAA sometimes and forget that it's even there!

I use a Desantis Nemesis. It works very well IMO.

Two suggestions:

First is BearClaw Holsters 'Inside Job':

Second suggestion is Mika from Mika's Pocket Holsters - soft and designed to keep moisture away from the gun.

Both of these designs are innovative for their unique features.

I sometimes keep a KelTec P-3AT in my front pocket.

Before you buy...

Check out Fist Holsters (see Related Links)...Kydex holsters...see kydex holster #5...the holster fits the front pocket, molds to the thigh...DOES NOT TIP in the pocket, and most importantly is the thumb push...

Only the gun comes out...other pocket holsters require one to catch the holster 'hook' on the pocket as you draw...the Fist holster is superb and make the pocket draw...SMOOTH & EASY...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use the pocket holster from http://www.pocketholsters.com/ .

I installed the belt clip and P32 / P-3AT Grip Extension (ACCESSORY # 309) from Kel Tec.

In jeans the pocket holster works great (back pocket); I rode the Harley for miles the other day with no problem.

Itís been kind of warm this week, so Iíve been warring shorts, and carrying it in my front pocket using the belt clip, or on my side and pull the T-shirt out a little to cover it. In the front pocket it looks like a pocket knife, so itís a good conceal, but not as pleasurable to carry it that way.

http://smartcarry.com/lasers.htm

I was just reading about the "pocket slipper" w/laser,anybody tryed/carryed with that?

Thanks for all the replies, I'm really liking ALOT of what Fist holsters appears to offer,even for my springfield.

Got a Nemesis for my P3AT. Loved it! When I put the Armalaser on I took out the stitching and it still works great. Still love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links