Defensive Carry banner

p3at pocket holster?

5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  EW3 
#1 ·
Well I'm trying to learn about p3at pocket carry,I really like the pocketholster.com guy,but it only really seems appropraite for back pocket? Maybe thats just where hes putting it? How comfortable is that going to be to sit on the pistol? safe(ad/nd)? Does anybody front pocket carry in a holster?

Thanks for any/all replies, I got alot to learn about concealed carry,so used to OC

#2 ·
look at the uncle mikes pocket holster for the small auto. that's what i use. the one/size that they make for the p3at is somewhat bigger than the small auto. the small auto works best. also, i would get the belt clip. i use the belt clip 95% of the time. the uncle mikes will work in the front and/or back pockets with ease.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply, frankmako. On the beltclip,is it something that affects holstering the weapon/drawing the weapon(if I did decide to pocket carry,for instance.) I don't know about trusting the belt-clip,kinda creeps me out. I don't like "installing" things on my weapon,either.

<--picky newbie

#5 ·
the kel tec belt clip is well made and you not have any problems with it. it is one of the strong points of the kel tec pistols. i have one on my p3at and p11. i also have the clip draw on my s&w model 60, my "bug" on duty. the p3at is the weekend gun. i carry a gun by belt clip all most everyday. easy to draw or to put back in place. a t-shirt will cover the above guns with a belt clip on. a regular shirt or jacket will allso do the job. they are easy to install and will not hurt/mess up our gun.

#8 ·
JS Holster

I would recommend this pocket holster; I just got mine the other day for the P-3AT. It doesn't look like much, but it works great after doing the wax paper break-in. It covers the gun perfectly so that it looks like a wallet, in fact it is the exact dimensions of my wallet. Since it's formed from one piece of leather flapped over, it is thinner and less bulky that some pocket holsters that use an additional flap of leather as an anti-print panel. Once I got it broken in, it stays in the front right pocket no problem.

http://armory.jsholsters.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=2058

Here is an idea for carrying a spare mag. I'm not a fan of the holsters that carry a spare in the same pocket as the gun. This is really low profile and this size will just fit the P-3AT mags.

http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/hierarchy/0S0I/product-id/510700.html

#12 ·
I sometimes keep a KelTec P-3AT in my front pocket.

Before you buy...

Check out Fist Holsters (see Related Links)...Kydex holsters...see kydex holster #5...the holster fits the front pocket, molds to the thigh...DOES NOT TIP in the pocket, and most importantly is the thumb push...

Only the gun comes out...other pocket holsters require one to catch the holster 'hook' on the pocket as you draw...the Fist holster is superb and make the pocket draw...SMOOTH & EASY...

Stay armed...stay safe!

#13 ·
I use the pocket holster from http://www.pocketholsters.com/ .

I installed the belt clip and P32 / P-3AT Grip Extension (ACCESSORY # 309) from Kel Tec.

In jeans the pocket holster works great (back pocket); I rode the Harley for miles the other day with no problem.

It’s been kind of warm this week, so I’ve been warring shorts, and carrying it in my front pocket using the belt clip, or on my side and pull the T-shirt out a little to cover it. In the front pocket it looks like a pocket knife, so it’s a good conceal, but not as pleasurable to carry it that way.

#19 ·
Desnatis Super Fly - Nemesis with a flap!

I bought the Superfly and hated it. Between the bumpy material making it noticeably thicker than the Nemesis I had, and the huge flap thingy, it was a no-go for me.

All together that thing is the size of a single CD type wallet-case; try putting one of those in your pocket sometime...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.