Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long) - Page 2

Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long)

This is a discussion on Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thumper The Short Haired Neoprene is an extreemly endangered species ... What some people will do for a buck! Or doe. Hard ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    The Short Haired Neoprene is an extreemly endangered species ... What some people will do for a buck!
    Or doe. Hard to tell, from this angle. Maybe the hairs growin' up are a clue.

As for hookin' that thing onto a thong. Yeah, well. Maybe in your house. I can see it now. Being a "quick draw McGraw" could be a definite disadvantage, with one o' those.

All kidding aside, it's sure different. Ultra thin. Hairs hold it in place. Neoprene makes for a very positive grip on the gun, so no "wardrobe" malfunctions. I prefer a positive hook onto the belt. I wonder how it works deeply concealed, or how it avoids working its way down without a positive belt loop?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    QKShooter's right--the Neoprene's are endangered, and facing the same dire future as the Polyester's were before they disappeared.

In spite of the obvious violations of all things Federal, I'm thinking fuzzy holsters might be the wave of the future.

Oh my. It's just like the extinction of the Nauga in the '70s all over again.

Will we never learn?

Joe

As Tom Hanks once said in Big..."I don't get it."

Maybe it's just me, but why would you hook a holster on your belt loop or turn signal? The holster material is unique, for sure...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ElCuisr...are you on that boat yet?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LICE Magnet

I cant see how that thing wont stink after a month. Can you wash it? Fabrez can only do so much. How durable is the hair, even the most durable horse hide gets wear spots after awhile. After all the fur falls off all you'll have is a Uncle Mikes holster.

Sorry, I'm just not impressed
    Zuma Forums --- Youtube Channel Link
    Yamaha Zuma 125 in Black: 164cc w/ forge piston upgrade, Yosh CF pipe, Pirelli GTS23/24 tires, Force Works ECU, SRT 4 hole injector, Race camshaft, and KOSO 28mm TB w/ manifold,

Kevin-

That is the most incredible piece of craftsmanship I have ever seen. I especially like the Small of Back and Cross Draw - it looks like it would be very fast to draw from. What is the wait time for a holster like that? Price??? I hope its under $200 as that is my budget at this time...but maybe I could stretch it a bit. The exotic hides must be worth a fortune - would you mind disclosing your source?

Austin

Administrator

Post Nauga Hides

You will notice that the Nauga is never seen anymore.
    They were destroyed for their vibrant skin colors.
    Sadly, the worldwide moratorium on wantonly killing them came too late.
    So many Nauga were harvested in such a short period of time that they never could recover in numbers that would recoup their existence.
    Their populations became totally decimated.
    What a horrific mass slaughter that was.
    Some members here are too young to remember the Nauga and how the Nauga hide was used everywhere - even to cover car and chair seats.
    There are still some old Nauga Hides remaining.

Thank God the Micarta breed like rabbits so they are in no danger.
    If their gestation rate was lower they would also be gone due to the fact that so many custom knife-makers are making knives with Ivory Micarta handles.
    When are we ever going to learn that we need to respect and share this Earth and not dominate and destroy it?

We cannot continue to kill whatever we need right up until the complete an utter destruction of an entire specie.

I don't even want to get started on what we are doing to the Dacron & the Vel Crow.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I don't even want to get started on what we are doing to the Dacron & the Vel Crow.
    I...can't...stop...myself...

They have set up a website for preservation of the African Kydex. The poor animal is almost gone.

Sorry...I'm so ashamed.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Back to the original discussion. How do you carry that IWB? It looks like the hook and leather loop would be a little "pokey".
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

They have set up a website for preservation of the African Kydex.
    OH MAN! Coffee burns when it comes out of your nose!
    What Would Gumby Do?

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    I thought you were kidding with that clip stitched on there!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Hey, back to this thing about the baby Neoprene. Can I get in trouble for eating that tasty barbecued baby Neoprene Kevin gave me? It's really pretty tasty stuff! Even better than the pit roasted manatee. You all just got to visit Kevin sometime, the food's great!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I don't have a problem with harvesting the Neoprene's for food and gunleather. What's sad is what folks have done in the past with the Nauga and the buffalo--just going for the hides and wasting the rest. I think that's the same behavior that brought the tiny Polyester's to the brink of extinction.

I don't know first-hand, but I hear that 12-hours in the smoker at around 225-degrees and that Neoprene just falls right off the bone.

We really should think about some discretion here. Otherwise, we'll start seeing those PETA anti-Neoprene ads with Pamela Anderson and Bob Barker protesting and chaining themselves to trees and such. And throwing paint on unsuspecting Neoprene wearers.

Yeah, it's a crying shame you can't get nauga fried, boiled or frittered, but baby neopreme po'boys, them's good eating. 'Dunno about shoving anything in my pants with the hair pointing up though.

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

Judging by the amount of times this thread has been viewed and the lack of comments, I'd say not everybody gets it. My tongue is still in my cheek...
    If you don't dig it, that's fine. This holster might not be for everybody but it looks like just what I need. A holster for everything - the one holster that can do it all. Even though it might cost a few hundred bucks up front, it will be a savings in the long run because I won't have to buy a holster for every occasion - this one really does do it all!

Austin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links