Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long) - Page 3

Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long)

This is a discussion on Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by aus71383 Judging by the amount of times this thread has been viewed and the lack of comments, I'd say not everybody gets ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Review of prototype holster from K&D! (Long)

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Judging by the amount of times this thread has been viewed and the lack of comments, I'd say not everybody gets it. My tongue is still in my cheek...
    If you don't dig it, that's fine. This holster might not be for everybody but it looks like just what I need. A holster for everything - the one holster that can do it all. Even though it might cost a few hundred bucks up front, it will be a savings in the long run because I won't have to buy a holster for every occasion - this one really does do it all!

Austin
    Right on the money, Austin. We've always tried to incorporate versatility into the majority of our holsters. I mean - what else could you ask for? You've got an exotic skin - albeit on the hairy side. You've got gripper material on the interior of the holster - gives great retention (perhaps on the heavy side, eh, ElCruisr?). You've got not only one tension adjustment screw, but you've got two. That way you can tweak it to your own personal tastes. You've got a belt clip that will go onto nearly every point of attachment on a body. Of course, there's been a few mentioned here that I hadn't thought of.

Our goal with this holster was to make one that would fit most needs. I think the Piece Of C#%@ (POC for short acronysm) Defender holster does that job rather well. But it looks like I'll have to sit down and design something entirely different. Just a word of caution - this holster was brought about by ElCruisr's incessant inquiries of "Where's my holster?" So be careful what you ask for....

One thought I had if you are still in the Research and Development Phase with this holster is that it might be possible to use an even thinner Neo hide to aid with concealment. Just my .02.....

Austin

To help any endangered species, all we need to do is declare it a food source.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe my humor meter is stuck but I'm gonna have to call BS here. Is this the Gecko45 Mall Ninja special?

I speculate that with the odd balance point combined with the neoprene that it will almost impossible to make a one handed draw, and not much easier two handed. Plus incredibly uncomfortable to wear right side IWB with that loop and clip against the body. Now if there were accessory attachment points available that might make a difference...

I do like the hide, if it's durable.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Well, after a long consultation with Kevin today I think there may be a few further developments in the POC (Piece Of C#%@) holster design. A few more modifications and it may also include shoulder holster attachments (possibly incorporating baling twine and duct tape) and an adaption for ankle carry. I also suggested an approach to possibly replace Thunderwear with. Time will tell. I think he's open to suggestions for further exotics that are of an unusual kind. I think Armadillo bellies came up along with 'possum with the hair on and road kill racoon with the tail on. I also suggested miniature poodle with the hair on as well, appropriately clipped, of course.

Any other suggestions out there?

If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    I think Armadillo bellies came up along with 'possum with the hair on and road kill racoon with the tail on. I also suggested miniature poodle with the hair on as well, appropriately clipped, of course.

Any other suggestions out there?

How about skunk with the natural pepper spray attachment?
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Porcupine might work if you can find a way to keep the quills from falling out....just my .02

Austin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links