Iwb Holster A Must For Ccw

This is a discussion on Iwb Holster A Must For Ccw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am about to start carrying my Glock, but cannot do anything until I find the right IWB Holster. It MUST be an IWB. Shirt ...

Thread: Iwb Holster A Must For Ccw

Iwb Holster A Must For Ccw

I am about to start carrying my Glock, but cannot do anything until I find the right IWB Holster.

It MUST be an IWB. Shirt must be tucked in at all times. No choice. Also, must be able to drive at least an hour in the IWB condition. I see guys talk about leather/leather and then others talk about leather/kydex.

The belt is not an issue. It will be the right thickness. Most of the time I will be in dress pants or Docker type pants.

This is one of those times I need to get it right. I do not have the money right now to experiment.

Thanks for sharing with me what you have found that works for you. This website has been a tremendous asset to me.

2. Remove Ads

Keep in mind that your body shape, your preferred carry position and angle, and your comfort level are what drive the "right" choice. If you cannot experiment, you're left with one choice: find an actual holster you can try on, then buy it if it fits and works well. Otherwise, you need to be able to try out some models.

If cost is a serious issue, consider the Fist line of holsters. They have several models on the cheap, but they are a very good value. I picked up a Fist #17A-1 IWB for my CZ P01. It fits well, carries easily for me at 3:30 to 4 o'clock on the hip, is comfortable for long drives. Costs $49 plus shipping, plus options. If you cannot find a place that has a variety of holsters in stock that you can physically try before you buy, this might be one option. Several are ones they advertise as being suitable for tucking in the shirt completely, over the gun.

Look at the bright side. If purchasing a holster for a Glock, there will always be someone to buy it used, from you, if you decide to go another route. If you pick a basic holster with no strange alterations, that's almost guaranteed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lead Moderator
    I would suggest something adjustable , because the angle of the holster is a personal thing. Maybe this?
    http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/COMPTACCTAC
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm not a fan of kydex, but in this case I'd suggest a CompTac CTAC or MTAC with velcro clips and a 1.5" Belt if you are wearing Dockers.

I have a CTAC and use it when I have to carry my Glock 19 and I want to carry it on my "weak side". Since I have a gun accessable to either hand this happens more often than you might think, the weak side carry that is.

Biker

CTAC with velcro

Quote Originally Posted by 53golfer View Post
    It MUST be an IWB. Shirt must be tucked in at all times. No choice. Also, must be able to drive at least an hour in the IWB condition.
    That doesn't sound like much of a challenge. I went to Church yesterday morning, neatly dressed and my shirt tucked in, and then went out to lunch before spending the rest of the day doing a host of other things with my Springfield Ultra Compact in a Galco Ultra Deep Cover holster. Driving is no different from anything else.

Driving for an hour with an IWB holster? Never heard of that. I drive to Austin (375 miles) and don't give it a thought. I'll concede it may be different with an unsuitable (too thick and bulky) pistol but I try to choose carry guns wisely.
    Packin' Heat Leather
    Galco & Bianchi Dealer
    McAllen, Texas USA

Links