IWB with low rise pants

This is a discussion on IWB with low rise pants within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have done some searches, but maybe I am just dense and not specifically getting the info I would like. I carry a Kimber 5inch OWB ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB with low rise pants

IWB with low rise pants

Have done some searches, but maybe I am just dense and not specifically getting the info I would like. I carry a Kimber 5inch OWB most of the time, but would like to try IWB. The specific issue is, I either wear jeans, or low rise western casual/slacks. Don't really want to be poking myself in the butt when I sit down. I am leaning toward a Rafter S IWB, or have seen a Galco IWB that is tuckable. Can I just get some input from those packing a Govt. size 1911 with something other than those type of pants I could waterproof and use for chest waders?
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911NM View Post
    Can I just get some input from those packing a Govt. size 1911 with something other than those type of pants I could waterproof and use for chest waders?

I wear pretty normal pants, but I don't wear them where most guys my age do. I wear them so I can lift my leg up without ripping the crotch out. Full size 1911 hides fine, pretty comfortable all things considered. I wear mine at about 3 o'clock.

Austin

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    1911NM Just go ahead on and get ya a pair of wranglers or levis that fit , oh and while your at it turn the dammed hat around so it faces foreward lol . While i am giggin ya a bit dress around a gun is not only about wearing baggy enough clothes to conceal , it is also about wearing properly fitting enough clothes to conceal , fashon be dammed . I am not saying ya gotta go to polo shirts and sansabelt pants , but you will have to go to " normal " fitting pants and a good gunbelt to stabelise a large heavy gun like a 1911 . Either that or look for another method of carry is your choices imho .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I've had no problems carrying my 5" Mil-Spec in Gary Brommeland's MaxCon V while wearing either Levi's or my 5.11 jeans (they fit like Levi's old 505 style). Heck, it's the most comfortable holster I've ever owned.
    Jack

Just watch it Redneck. You're not so far away I can't throw a rock at ya'. Yes, I do understand dressing around the gun, not fitting the gun to my mode of dress, but just wanting to see if others were going IWB without spending the money to find out it isn't possible unless I am just going to lean myself up in a corner all the time. Not really worried about the "looser fit", heck, anymore even without clothes, I am a looser fit.

just kidding about the rock, hope that remark won't influence you when I ask to hunt on your property, or at least would like to say hi the next time I have a match at Ramah.

Jack, thanks, will wander over to the Brommeland website while I am pondering.
    Last edited by 1911NM; November 5th, 2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: more thought
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. J. Cooper

5" 1911

Here's me hiding my full size 1911 with a polo shirt and jeans. Piece of cake. Notice I wear my pants below my belly button - but not stylishly below my hip bones. My pants actually stay on even if I put my feet together - without a belt!

Austin

Nevermind, I suck at this computer stuff.
    Last edited by aus71383; November 5th, 2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: couldn't get pictures to work

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just watch it Redneck. You're not so far away I can't throw a rock at ya'.
    Hey ill buy the first round at suedeies ( sp ) in Raton ( i think its still open ) , and ill personally show you how to wear that cap bud LOL . Other than that hell yea come on over for hunting , be it vermin , phesants , or antalope/deer if you draw here call here lol . If you draw sheep next unit to the west let me know too since over the years i have had no problem finding the herds , just understanding why the tags are so restricted . I warn you tho big horn sheep in my area are not a sport and should be shot with a woodsman .22 to be fair .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I carry a full size 1911 in a Tucker Gunleather IWB tuckable holster in normal Lee jeans. I of course wear a size larger in the waist but I don't ride them high or anything. Just normal position. Carrying a gun means some compromise in your wardrobe. That is just the way it is.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Here's me hiding my full size 1911 with a polo shirt and jeans. Piece of cake. Notice I wear my pants below my belly button - but not stylishly below my hip bones. My pants actually stay on even if I put my feet together - without a belt!

Austin

Nevermind, I suck at this computer stuff.
    hey, works for me.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10

im 23 years old and wear my "stylish" jeans right on my hip bones. They fit perfectly, and do no sag. I do not buy a size larger to accomodate my gun, as I believe with an IWD holster the extra tightness adds to security of the gun. Because of this my pants are usually more snug than they are loose and I have no problems concealing either my xd9 sc or a 4" 1911 in a crossbreed supertuck. I honestly can imagine it being anymore difficult to conceal one more inch of barrel on your 1911 than it is my 4". The barrel may print a bit more in your pants which may or may not look odd but I don't think you would have a problem with it being uncomfortable.

Lead Moderator
    I have had no issues with a 4" 1911 IWB with low rise jeans. I have worn a few different brands, however the problem I had was the, err lack of crotch space wearing the jeans to be blunt.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I don't know about some of these damn kids... I tried a pair of those low rise jeans and for the life of me could not quit pinching my nuts when I went up stairs..

the hell with looking good.. I'll be comfortable.

low rise jeans? Is this just a question for the ladies?
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

No, not for ladies, and not speaking about the BG wanna'bes with the crotch of their pants hanging to their knees. It's just that jeans or my western casual slacks are not as "high rise" as the slacks on my "marrying and burying" suit, or say a pair of Dockers.
    NRA, USPSA SS & Lim-10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links