Kahr P9 Holster

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a couple of good choices for carry with my govt. 45's - like the Milt Sparks Summer Special for iwb and the Wilson ...

Thread: Kahr P9 Holster

Kahr P9 Holster

I have a couple of good choices for carry with my govt. 45's - like the Milt Sparks Summer Special for iwb and the Wilson Lo Profile for owb. Looking for input from those with the Kahr P9 as to their preferred carry option. I have a P9 that is being worked on at Cylinder and Slide. Have a bit of a wait and want to get something on order. My first post here....thanks.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hi there and welcome.

I have an HBE COM "2.5" prototype IWB holster (left in the photo) for my P9 Covert.

Concealable under even a t-shirt.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I'm still looking for a good one for myself. I find with the P9 that an extreme cant helps tuck the butt in closer to my side but I've ordered several "custom" holsters and each time I asked and emphasized that they make it with a cant of 20 - 25 degrees and every time it came in much less. It's as if they agree on the phone to adjust the cant but then forget when the get to the holster a year later. I have a MaxCon on order from Brommeland and I asked them to please give me the right cant so I'm hoping this is it.

I'd recommend an IWB where you can adjust the cant so you can play with it. I think on a P9 that's likely to be the biggest factor in it being comfortable and as concealable as it can be.

God Bless
    Gideon

holster for Kahr

Give the Crossbreed a look. I have a P40 that I wear in a Supertuck. I find it is more comfortable than my VM II. Just make sure you get the combat grip.

I have a Brommeland Max-Con V for my Kahr PM9 and the cant works very well in "tucking" the butt of the gun in. Very comfortable holster too! I wear jeans or shorts with just a t-shirt over it and it just disappears.

I own and carry a P Series

My primary is a Kahr P Series for which I own seven holsters. Today, it's riding in an HBE very similar to the one pictured above. While the craftsmanship is flawless, it is unfortunate that I cannot recommend HBE. Do a search and there's plenty of reading on the subject.

For OWB, I have an Alessi belt slide that holds my P Series Kahr nice and tight - it is easily the most concealable OWB that I own - good luck finding an Alessi ...

My favorite IWB for my Kahr is the BearClaw Holster's 'Hidden Asset'. Very concealable and comfortable - real thermoformed kydex and not injection molded. The other holsters that I have for this gun are not worth mentioning - all too fat or too awkward. BTW - go with the standard cant ... almost everyone I know who insists upon some weird cant regrets it later.

If you don't like Kydex, I've found K&D Holsters to be great stuff and if I were going to buy another leather IWB for my Kahr there is no doubt that it would be a K&D Dakota, but I would ask for an open bottom because I don't like the holster to go more than a few millimeters past the muzzle.

BTW - my Alessi belt slide also works on my Kimber Pro Carry II ... you mentioned that you had .45's so it would be interesting to see if your Kahr will work in the holsters which you already have.
    Last edited by lance22; November 7th, 2007 at 06:40 PM.

PM9 fits nicely in pocket using nemesis pocket holster. The regular P9 is a bit big for a pocket unless you are a very big person with big pockets! :)

Thanks to all for the advice..... I have experience with Bearclaw and own 2 of their holsters. One for my Springfield XD and the other for my Baer SRP. I decided to go ahead and order the Hidden Asset and thanks to Lance also checked out K&D. Ordered the Defender from them. So the Bearclaw will arrive prior to Christmas and the K&D by April. You have got to love the holster business!

I carry my p9 in a galco USA (or is it UDC?). Tuckable, reinforced opening, no problem with a simple t-shirt tucked in.

Links