Smartcarry Holster? - Page 2

Smartcarry Holster?

This is a discussion on Smartcarry Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have one also,I love it! it's fairly comfortable and great with summer clothes that i wear....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smartcarry Holster?

I have one also,I love it!
    it's fairly comfortable and great with summer clothes that i wear.

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to order one.

I got mine 5 or 6 weeks ago and have worn it every day since then. There are minor comfort issues, but nowhere near as bad (for me at least) as IWB carry. I don't think there's any way I could get away with IWB carry anyway, especially not with as big a gun as my EDC is. The SmartCarry makes it almost invisible, but my pants tend to slip down with the waistband basically being held up by the butt of the gun, at which time the corner of the butt is very noticeable. No good way to avoid that because you have to have your belt as loose as possible to make access to your weapon as easy as possible, which, with the SC, it'll never be "easy." I can wear my shirt untucked at work, so that's how I conceal the butt-protrusion, but that is just another obstacle for drawing the weapon too.

All in all it's about the best solution for deep concealment, but about the worst solution for accessibility. You have to decide for yourself if having a weapon on you that you can't get to in a hurry is worth the trouble at all. I personally am almost to the point of deciding that it's not worth it. Still deciding though.

Blues
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

VIP Member
    One thing I really like about the SmartCarry is even when I travel where I can't bring my gun, the SmartCarry is a great place to keep my loot!

No, that's not my gun!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thumbs up

Got it today. All I can say is that its all true! This thing is very comfortable! Love that it has the extra mag pocket as well. I'm wearing it now and its comfy sitting down as well as standing. I'll do the Girlfriend test later when she gets home. One Happy Customer here, thanks Charlie!

Will the same one hold a glock 30 and a glock22 or will I have to get 2 different ones?
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    Will the same one hold a glock 30 and a glock22 or will I have to get 2 different ones?
    Probably, I would *guess*. Call or write the proprietor, Charlie Parrott for a more definitive answer. He's really quick about answering emails on questions like this (I've used the holster for 3 different guns and wanted to check with him each time... He got back to me within a day each time.)

I don’t have a “Smartcarry” because years ago, I was taught that a gun fight is usually over in 5 seconds. And the last one, who draws, is usually the looser.

And in the 30 plus years, I’ve been carrying a sidearm; I’ve had to draw only a few times. Two of those times, I noticed a BG reaching for his pistol, and by beating him to the draw allowed me to be in charge of the situation, and no one getting shot.

I've practiced with mine and can draw in under 3 seconds. You just have to learn how to do it. Its all about muscle memory. It takes approx 1500 draws to memorize the pattern. Although doing this is awkward at the range!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Charlie sd the standard one will fit my Compact M&P as well as the full size. So thats 3.5" - 4" barrels. Hope that helps, Best thing to do would be to ask Charlie himself.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    I don’t have a “Smartcarry” because years ago, I was taught that a gun fight is usually over in 5 seconds. And the last one, who draws, is usually the looser
    i very much agree, but i must say im going to get one.
    simply because there are many places where my gun gets left in the car, or at home. and this would allow me to carry.
    having a gun on you and it taking you an extra second or two to get it out is WAY better than not having one at all!

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    simply because there are many places where my gun gets left in the car, or at home. and this would allow me to carry.
    having a gun on you and it taking you an extra second or two to get it out is WAY better than not having one at all!
    +1
    Having is better than not.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    Pretty much says it all. I wouldn't use it, for certain situations, but there are a lot of times, when I need deep concealment so no questions are asks and no printing occurrs. That is where the smart carry comes in. From my experience, very few people stare at my crotch.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I have one and use it frequently. I wear it when going for my evening walks, I sweat profusely and it doesn't seem to make me any hotter than normal in "that" area. And it is quite comfortable.

I also wear it when I need deep cover. I carry a Walther P99, or a S&W 642 in it.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

im planning on getting one to try out for my bday.
    do you guys think that my 3" 1911 will conceal fine with it?
    how bout even with girl style jeans?
    i guess ill find out and send it back if it doesnt work.
    also, what size would i need?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links