Smartcarry Holster? - Page 5

Smartcarry Holster?

This is a discussion on Smartcarry Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can sit with your thighs closed, if you can do that in the first place. Depends on your gun, but mine is right where ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smartcarry Holster?

You can sit with your thighs closed, if you can do that in the first place. Depends on your gun, but mine is right where my junk is. Not necessarily between my legs, but right above your crotch. I'm able to open and close my legs sitting down no prob. My carry is a M&P.40compact.

Quote Originally Posted by saiven View Post
    OK i have a question.
    I have a full size 1911 TRP
    i have read all the posts on the website about it being great.
    Does anyone or has anyone had any experience with carring a 5" 1911 in the Smart Carry?

ALSO!!!!
    i was running it by a friend and they where like "I wander if that will make you sit with your legs all spread eagle?"
    so i must ask because i have heard ZERO on sitting down and how it affects the way you sit. I watch passive101 on youtube and she sits all spread eagle. But maybe thats how he sits. Will I be able to sit in a professional environment?

Thanks for all of your help
    I've done it with a 4", but don't have a 5", so I don't know about that.

Reference sitting, I've done it often in a professional environment. It's more comfortable for me to have my knees about a foot apart, but I can close them all the way if necessary. Note, this is with the double-holster Smartcarry, although I usually only carry one gun in it. But it is a bit wider than the normal version. This is also with tighter dress pants. With looser dress pants, such as Dockers, etc., I can do about anything I want. I've had numerous sitting conversations facing someone, no table or desk in between us, me wearing tucked in shirt, and everything was fine. I'm 6', 180 lbs., if that matters.

I can't tell if you are male or female. I can only speak from a male's perspective.

I have one. It works well when used as designed.

I don't know how it would work for appendix carry though. It is made to be carried much lower than that.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by saiven View Post
    OK i have a question.
    I have a full size 1911 TRP
    i have read all the posts on the website about it being great.
    Does anyone or has anyone had any experience with carring a 5" 1911 in the Smart Carry?

ALSO!!!!
    i was running it by a friend and they where like "I wander if that will make you sit with your legs all spread eagle?"
    so i must ask because i have heard ZERO on sitting down and how it affects the way you sit. I watch passive101 on youtube and she sits all spread eagle. But maybe thats how he sits. Will I be able to sit in a professional environment?

Thanks for all of your help
    To answer your question, one of my dad's friends carries a full size 1911 in a smart carry wearing some very tight jeans, and he can sit, run, and do whatever else you can think of with it and you wouldn't even know. I mean honestly, how many people stare at your crotch? Anyways, you just have to adjust it to the point where it is comfortable for you. Some may never get used to it, but most of us like it.
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

NICE

I usually sit with my legs about a foot apart as well.
    Not very comfortable when they are much closer than that.
    You all have been very helpful.
    PS I am a male ;)
    5"9' 165lbs
    if that matters

I have been eyeballing the Milt Sparks VMII and the smart carry for a while now.
    I am having a leather shop in TN make a Double Thick belt for a total of about 30 dollars (Will post pics and give you the company info once they are done, and will also give my opinions on the belt)

Seems almost everyone and there grandma has tried or uses the SmartCarry sometime or another.

Thanks again

I will occassionally carry a 5" Kimber in a Smartcarry. It's not what I prefer for comfort when sitting. I think a shorter 45 would be a lot better. I do use a smartcarry every day in the summer and carry my Taurus 617 and usually forget I'm carrying. I've went to a Comp-Tac Minotaur for carrying the Kimber in the winter months.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links