Limited left hand options

This is a discussion on Limited left hand options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My best friend bought his second handgun lastnight. He already had a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm and now he is the proud owner of a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My best friend bought his second handgun lastnight. He already had a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm and now he is the proud owner of a 9mm XDsc and he is very happy with it.

However, what he is not happy about is the fact that unless you carry a Glock or a 1911, his options for left handed holsters is pretty darn limited. He wants a Blackhawk SERPA like mine. I carry my G23 in it. He really likes it and wants one for his XD. If he was right handed, that would be no problem at all. But, since he is a lefty, he is kind of screwed. Blackhawk doesn't make a left handed SERPA for the XD.

I don't really understand that since the XD is pretty darn popular. Why wouldn't they make a lefty version of a very popular holster?

Any lefties out there who can give me some advice that I can relay to my friend? He likes Kydex over leather much as I do.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; November 9th, 2007 at 09:55 PM.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

well try some of the other makers and see if they will make a custom ...

What do i do as a left i hook up with one of the Custom Leather makers and have them make it ..

Try Sidearmor or Ctac

This gentleman's prices are reasonable and his product is great. I carry mine left-handed in the Hidden Companion
    http://grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

No trouble finding lefty holsters for XD compacts at http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/
    What Would Gumby Do?

He needs to do more research. Virtually every leather holster maker does lefties. Check the sticky list for vendors.

No problem making left or right handed for any of my holsters for the Stoeger or XD. Let me know if you have any questions.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Check out Blade-tech.com. I am also a lefty I have found they have it all. Or they will make it for you.
    Last edited by VegasSIG; November 11th, 2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Tell your friend to call up Springfield and send him the XD gear holster in lefty, they will do it. That was a major complaint with one of my customers and Springfielld made it right.
    Last edited by JD; November 11th, 2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Removed "Bitch"
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

JD
    Administrator
    As stated above, Bladetech. Or Give John at Comp-Tac a call. He'll make darn near anything you can ask for, we've already had him make 2 customs for Lima.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I'm left-handed and have picked up several holsters from Comp-Tac. Their products are great and they have excellent customer service.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

I'd give some of the companies a call to see if you can order directly. A lot of stuff is available, but not stocked due to cost of not selling a bunch.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

+1 on Comp-tac. I also am a lefty and I use a MTAC from them. Great stuff!

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Just ordered a left handed serpa level II from Blackhawk for a Sig 229. Unfortunately for lefties, you gotta wait a few months until the reality of the gun's popularity makes mass produced holsters profitable.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Holsters for the Lefty

I am left handed and also have several holsters from Comp-Tac. For an XD9 service model and the XD9sc. I carry the sub-compact in a CTAC. If you want less costly leather Don Hume makes holsters for left handers. I would also suggest Crossbreed holsters.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I'd give some of the companies a call to see if you can order directly. A lot of stuff is available, but not stocked due to cost of not selling a bunch.
    Hiya. As the lefty in question and a new poster here, I gotta say thanks for all the advice.

I have looked at some of the major companies for holsters, and I probably will call some of them to see what they can do for me. I think my big problems is I always like to have the physical object in hand to make a solid decision about my possible purchase. I would just hate to buy a lot of different holsters hoping to find the right one for me. I'm the same way about clothes. Never liked buying them online.

I may be stuck with that situation in this case. Just thought I'd ask the guy who pulled me into this world what he could find out. He came to you people, and I appreciate the input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links