If I Want to Carry 2 Handguns... - Page 3

If I Want to Carry 2 Handguns...

This is a discussion on If I Want to Carry 2 Handguns... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stats are very subjective. What if only three rounds are expended in the gunfight....but your primary becomes friends with Murphy after the first round or ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If I Want to Carry 2 Handguns...

Stats are very subjective. What if only three rounds are expended in the gunfight....but your primary becomes friends with Murphy after the first round or before. Would you rather complete a three step FTF drill or just draw another gun?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elance View Post
    ok, we're all friends here but lets not make fun of the "Lone Ranger" . especially references to his mask , in how many episodes did the good guys respect his wearing the mask ? and who wanted to see his bare face ? the bad guys thats who !
    now answer this who ended up removing the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger?

no lol but no hard feelings

elance
    Jim Croce wrote a song about that... I should really know better!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Jim Croce wrote a song about that... I should really know better!

no worries , just a personal thing with me , the lone ranger as portrayed by clayton moore was not just a childhood hero . but i respected his desire to live his creedo outside the show .
    of course greed took his mask , which by the way was custom made for his face ,so how could anyone else wear it ?

maybe i just don't want to turn loose of my childhood .

anyways ride on masked man !

elance

I seldom carry two, but on the rare ocassion that I do, it's my Kimber on the strong side IWB...and the KelTec .380 in the strong side front pocket...

Actually, on Thursday (TurkeyDay), we are going from Gainesville to Venice (south of Tampa)...and yes, I'm taking two pistolas with extra mags...can't be too careful going South...OMO.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    only one very rarely da I carry 2 guns but I always carry 2 spare mags for the Glock. 40 rounds is enough for me.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Personally, when I carry 2 guns, one's my primary IWB appendix. The BUG is usually in the pocket. I used to carry my BUG in my front pants pocket, now I carry it in my back pocket.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Ill carry my primary IWB strongside and a bug in my weakside front pocket IF im going somewhere that i really should have a rifle slung over my shoulder, like Disney. Carrying 2 identical primaries, while it has its benefits ( New York Reload), Is a bit much if you ask me.
    كافر(Infidel)
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146
    German philosopher (1844 - 1900)

FWIW, I have carried 2; primary strongside & weakside pocket BUG.

Keeping control of your weapons is a biggie. Not any/every altercation will require lethal force, and if someone tackles or gropes you, they'll quickly realize what you have...and probably go after it. That means that you no longer have a "blocking" arm and a "striking" arm- you have two blocking arms. YMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    Hey bro... you dont need 2 full sized guns. its DUMB... ...Plus it would be a slaughter in court if you ever had to justify a shooting.
    I don't know where you came up with that? That is bogus! Totally defendable in court!

Sure a prosecutor may try to make something of it, but he'll look foolish in the end.

Now I agree with you in that the bulk of carrying two full sized guns can be a comfort issue and possibly more difficult to conceal but I carry a G-23 and an XD9sc quite frequently and have no problem concealing them.

Before I got the XDsc as a BUG I carried the G-23 with a Ruger SP-101 snubby or a 3 inch Ruger Speed-Six as back-up's. I have also carried the two wheel guns instead of the Glock.

Carrying two guns is easily and totally defendable in court. The size of guns doesn't matter whether they are full size, compacts, sub-compacts or mouse guns.

As to where I carry them, most times I carry one on strong side in IWB holster at 4:00 position and the other in a chest mounted belly band type holster under my left arm. Other times I carry one strong side IWB and the other in the weak side front pocket. (yes, I can pocket carry the XD9sc. It sometimes prints slightly depending on the pants I'm wearing, but the have never noticed. Not once!)

I don't have any left handed holsters yet but am looking into getting one so I can carry one strong side IWB at 3:30 - 4:00 and the other weak side in an OWB at 5:00 position.

I don't like the weight of a gun in an ankle rig, or the slow access in getting to it, but I often carry spare magazines in an ankle rig and sometimes my ID and cash in an ankle rig.

Also, during winter months usually BUG is in a coat pocket!

This is just what has worked out for me. YMMV. As far as court goes, way too much precedence has been made in the case law and with my attorney and what I've been educated on by court recognized experts, I'm not worried about carrying two or even three guns or what size they are.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Jang.... +1 on that Bandera Beltster rig. It looks very interesting! I'll check it out!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Right Hip and Left Hip Crosssdraw with a forward cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by minutemanjs View Post
    What is the most optimal positioning? I'm right handed. I'm lean build and 6'2''. 175lbs. My belts barely stay in place when I unholster my gun. If I want it to stay, my belt has to be really tight.

1)Right hip and Left hip?

2)Left arm-pit and right hip?

3)Right hip and lower back.
    "We are Texas Rangers sent by the Governor Himself and our jurisdiction is anywhere we happen to be." Agustus McCrae

Got A Problem? The Odds Aganist You? Call The Equalizer 212-555-4200

NRA Member
    S&W M&P .40, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22

Take a look at www.perrysuspenders.com .
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I usually carry two just because I can. Usually a hipower or Kimber Ultra strong side and a Colt Vest Pocket in my left pocket. Lately I have on occasionly substituted my KT P 11 crossdraw on the weak side for the .25.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links