Tuckables

This is a discussion on Tuckables within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK where to start, I wear bussiness atire alot and I am looking for a Tuckable. I have a Glock 26 and Glock 19 and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuckables

Tuckables

OK where to start,

I wear bussiness atire alot and I am looking for a Tuckable. I have a Glock 26 and Glock 19 and I will be using it with a Looper black belt. I have pocket carried the G26 in jeans and shorts and some Slacks. I just need something that I can use with my Hagger pants. I have a Looper Kydex belt in black and that will be my belt. Any ideas whould be great. I am also going to get a Kangaroo holster and a Shoulder Holser since I wear sports coats/suit jackets 5 days a week. I am looking at the Super-Tuck and the CTAC.

Also do any of these places do a .mil discount? Just wondering because I might as well use my discount until I am out of the military on Jan 1.

Rich

2. Remove Ads

I vote Supertuck.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

I have two tuckables for my 1911 carry piece. A Tucker Answer and a Galco Ultra Deep Cover.

The Tucker is extremely stable and comfortable once you wear it a bit and get it positioned properly. It works very well when tucked. With it you have the option to get different belt clips if you're worried about the standard clips showing. I've never found it to be an issue one way or another and prefer the standard clips - more secure on the belt.

There's a bit of a wait for orders now, but a number of stores stock Tucker Gunleather. Collector's Firearms in Houston and Shooter's Station in Conroe are two of which I'm aware. I was at Collector's Firearms a few weeks ago and they had a few Answers and at least one Texas Heritage (another Tuckable) in stock.

The Galco has a very small clip and and is really invisible when tucked. Because of the single small clip, it's not as stable as the Tucker and you really need to make sure your belt is tight. There is some advantage to this, in that it can move around a bit if you want to adjust for different seating positions, such as while driving.

Both the Tucker and Galco are very well constructed and quite durable.

I rarely carry in tucked mode, but it's nice to have the feature just in case.

Here's the Answer along with IWB mag carrier.

And the Galco.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I have two of Tuckers Texas Heritage Tuckables (1911 commander and CZ75 Compact) I carry tucked on a rare occasion and they work very well - you just have to blouse your shirt out a touch and viola....

I'm one of the Comp-Tac faithful here. Thier CTAC and MTAC holsters are wonderful 'tuckers' and I find them very comfortable. Both conceal excelent tucked or untucked and Comp-Tac has a very quick turn-around time with thier orders. I carry my G23 (same size as your G19) in complete confidence with either of those holsters.
    Last edited by goldshellback; November 13th, 2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Poor sentense development due to lack of coffee
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I have a Tucker Heritage. I have seen skinny people be able to tuck it and it work great. I have some extra meat on me. It looks like something is under my shirt but it isn't too bad. I don't think anyone that noticed the bulge would think it is a gun but I just leave it out and wear a cover shirt.

im sure you will behappy with either.
    i have the ctac and it works great

G23 in a Galco UDC, 16/7. Really does a fine job. The G23 will disappear under a tucked t- shirt.

+ 1 for the MTAC

I have one and going to place an order or another here shortly.

Another +1 for the MTAC...

+2 for Tucker Gunleather.

I carry everyday in my Answer and have found it to be the most comfortable holster Ive ever tried. I have occasion to have to carry tucked, which is an unfortunate compromise to be sure, but I do. The Answer is easy conceal and with the meaty leather washers behind the clips, doesn't pinch my shirt. The quality is unmatched by any of the many knock-offs. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it's still imitation.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I have both the MTAC & Crossbreed Supertuck - Go with the Crossbreed by all means. You will love the comfort over the MTAC. You will never "break in" the MTAC due to the interchangible shell option - plus it is a fair amount thicker than the Crossbreed to accommodate the option for swapping out the shells. For my business dress - I chose the velcro clips.

I think I might get a rig from http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts....c?categoryId=3 .

A little cheaper and on another board I was given some good reviews and he is in the Air Force like me. I can also get it in 1.25 inches verse 1.5. Most of my suit pants I have are 1.25 inches or just a little more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I think I might get a rig from http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts....c?categoryId=3 .

A little cheaper and on another board I was given some good reviews and he is in the Air Force like me. I can also get it in 1.25 inches verse 1.5. Most of my suit pants I have are 1.25 inches or just a little more than that.

Looks like a CTAC to me.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    how is the retention on the mtac? I mean the guns not going to pop out when you are untucking the shirt right?
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links